Quality of Life Improvement: Frozen Status

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
CardmasterGX

Quality of Life Improvement: Frozen Status

Post #1 by CardmasterGX » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:39 pm

It doesn't say in the rules, and I haven't got my account frozen, but I propose a change to freezes if this isn't a thing:
I think it should be possible for a frozen player to duel if they put a duel password on, and host the match.
If this IS a thing, please update the rules to state so. Thank you for reading.

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #2 by __Blank__ » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:06 pm

If duelists were allowed to duel while frozen, then freezing their accounts would be meaningless.

If a player is set to beginner, due to lack of knowledge in the game, and a Judge sets their account to such, it limits what they can do (Shutting down their ability to use Rated, however remaining allowed to duel) so the option for such a setting is already in effect, you just haven't read over the P&G Guide to see it yet.

The reason freezing exists, is normally due to trolls, afk players, malicious cheaters, and toxic players doing things that violate the rules of the site, and by extension the "Terms of Use", so while I find it noble for you to try to help players out for proposing this, the system I do not see changing, because doing so to the above degree would remove the reason it exists, and allow players who (more cases than you know) resulted in actions done by that account's holder, and as such they are penalized accordingly.

CardmasterGX

Post #3 by CardmasterGX » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:40 am

But, consider this: if a frozen player isn't allowed chat, how is another player supposed to get the password to duel said frozen player? Unless, of course, they're friends. In which, they would either not mind the frozen player's antics, or is complicit in those antics as well.

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #4 by __Blank__ » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:21 pm

They get it from an outside chat client, or they do not talk to them as part of their punishment. Either way you look at it, it's the fault of the person who got frozen for doing what caused them to be frozen. Simpler solution is to not do anything that is violating the rules and by extension the Terms of Use for using the site. I understand you may be asking for yourself / a friend, however they did something to get frozen, and they will wait until they are UNFrozen in order to duel / watch if that's what is required. Also their IS a discord channel that duelists can enter, and use to chat to other people (while frozen on DuelingBook) so other users have that option given to them (Unless they lost the privledge and got banned from the channel via discord). Also I think I went over this, but Frozen Players CANNOT DUEL. So they will have to wait for their freeze to end (in my own individual case, 3PM EST Today approx). I have been frozen many times, without inquery to my status, or request to be unfrozen, because I know I deserve my freeze.

So in short, I counter-propose for NO change, ESPECIALLY not the kind you mention, simply because A frozen member is akin to someone who has been kicked out of the Mall for the day, there is no negotiating it, just come back tomorrow and you won't be frozen, you will get all your permissions back, unless you get BANNED in which case it's an IP Ban and you are Dead to the Site.

Return to “Suggestions”