Chatting on the Front page and Unrated for frozen players

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
PilgrimBA

Chatting on the Front page and Unrated for frozen players

Post #1 by PilgrimBA » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:41 pm

I kind of do see why this is not allowed, but have some sort of tracking to which players are frozen and are not to ban them if they do something wrong. I do see the reason this might not (probably won't) happen as the frozen community of players are usually toxic regarding their punishment and cause no enjoyment for other players having to deal with them, however there is a small minority of frozen/banned people who aren't toxic in the community, don't do anything harmful things (toxic, unenjoyment for other players etc) and would like to play while their freeze is in effect. The only reason they were frozen was because they were doing something silly in a Ranked match or simply had to go AFK for some reason.

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #2 by __Blank__ » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:05 pm

Shut up
No one cares about your ban/freeze so stop asking for an UN it ISNT HAPPENING and I tire of seeing your kind "freex" around and spamming for an unban for users who did something that IRONICALLY warranted being banned to begin with.

1: You do not go AFK in a match, and if you have to do so IRL GUESS WHAT SON, you leave the table you surrender the MATCH, YES YOU HEARD ME THE MATCH, and DB reflects REAL PLAY, so let's THINK for a MINUTE.

Real Players get Match Loss
Other Players get Freeze for Mali AFK
They are suppose to sign the slip aka admit defeat as soon as they go AFK.

NO NOT HAPPENING forget it! Next!

Doing something silly in rated, like what, harassing someone, trolling instead of dueling? Doing something THAT THE SECTION is not to be USED for at ALL? Yes that's why they got it, thanks for posting that already known knowledge! Check please!

TL DR - N O

PilgrimBA

Post #3 by PilgrimBA » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Shiiit boi, calm the fuck down.

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #4 by __Blank__ » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:56 pm

I am very calm, I am also very blunt ;)

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:01 am

We have the frozen status and beginner status
one of them allows you to keep using duelingbook as your issues in rated are due to lack of knowledge rather than ill intent. if you literally cant follow the rules in rated the best penalty to get the message across is to restrict you from playing on the site. allowing a frozen user to play in unrated would defeat the purpose.

if you are frozen for a legitimate reason the best way to get back into dueling is not not go and do something that can get you frozen. its also best to not do something that might be considered too much from the normal penalties and end up getting frozen for that.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #6 by __Blank__ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:16 pm

Why you no reply to my DMs Genex? I thought you was dead or something, geez

Genexwrecker

Post #7 by Genexwrecker » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:09 pm

__Blank__ wrote:Why you no reply to my DMs Genex? I thought you was dead or something, geez

pretty much am i've been very sick usually just responding to things staff related.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #8 by __Blank__ » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:56 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
__Blank__ wrote:Why you no reply to my DMs Genex? I thought you was dead or something, geez

pretty much am i've been very sick usually just responding to things staff related.

well shit, hope you get feeling better soon

CardmasterGX

Post #9 by CardmasterGX » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:45 pm

I think they should allow frozen players to participate in duels, too; but I think I have a better idea, that's linked to prohibiting them to private chat: what if they could only play matches with passwords?

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #10 by __Blank__ » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:20 pm

CardmasterGX wrote:I think they should allow frozen players to participate in duels, too; but I think I have a better idea, that's linked to prohibiting them to private chat: what if they could only play matches with passwords?

Frozen = Unable to Duel, Able to Watch, Timed
Ban = Unable to Login
Beginner = Unable to use Rated

I see no reason to change the system, frozen players can already participate in duels, just not as a duelist, but as a spectator. It's why when I get frozen I laugh about it and say it's a vacation, because I find it has no real punishment delivered, through it does remove the ability to chat, but it's a timed freeze, so you will get permissions back eventually as a user.

I see no reason to change it, and find that it serves a purpose by not allowing toxic users to continue dueling and making the trash rated grind that much more chaotic.

PilgrimBA

Post #11 by PilgrimBA » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:58 pm

I'd like to be a Begginer honestly, I always mess things up and it's really annoying when people think it's for ill intent.

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #12 by __Blank__ » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:14 pm

PilgrimBA wrote:I'd like to be a Begginer honestly, I always mess things up and it's really annoying when people think it's for ill intent.

Then use unrated?
You get set as beginner for being proven to not have a good grasp of the game, and needing to study more first before entering rated.
You can also advance your own knowledge before playing rated, so that you do not mess things up.

Return to “Suggestions”