shuffling animation

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
jvjd1234

shuffling animation

Post #1 by jvjd1234 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:13 am

Can we please get a shuffling animation that would be awsome @xsteven <3

Kay Nikkai

Post #2 by Kay Nikkai » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:00 am

I second this, however I have some points that should be added.

1) For users that think the animation is obnoxious, the animation should be able to be disabled in settings.
2) The Animation should be brief, unlike the one Dueling Network had which could result in lag if used multiple times in succession.

Which brings up a concern, Should the deck be capable of being shuffled multiple times in succession, Without actions in between?
What purpose does it serve to have the ability to shuffle more than once in succession?
Always have been,
Always will be:

Kay Nikkai

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #3 by __Blank__ » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:06 pm

I am against this idea, namely because of lag issues revolving it. The deck itself get's shuffled already and I personally think this would be a wasted feature to maintain just for what in my opinion is not worth the coding.

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:32 pm

The shuffle animation was on the site duelingnetwork but did cause lag problems. The animation is not present for db probably because of that
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #5 by __Blank__ » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:43 pm

Or because it's a wasted feature, and is more hassle to code shuffling + disabling the shuffler + disabling it for your opponent in duel rooms

It's a string of coding that ultimately would cause a process of sorts, where it is more likely to lag than not, then add the statuses being on DB and that's the reason I am highly against this idea. When it comes to computer speak they read the coding and send it, then wait for a signal and then the process goes for the other side, all within a short timeframe, however the more processes added, the longer it takes, and the more changes lag affects a player, and perhaps even the site starts lagging.

All potential issues with it

Return to “Suggestions”