More Administrative Staff

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Megamaw

More Administrative Staff

Post #1 by Megamaw » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:55 pm

So, DN had moderators-- not just judges, moderators.

When someone breaks the rules, or posts something illegal or whatever, there's usually no one online to report it to.

I definitely think the lack of staff is hurting this site's ability to grow, especially since there's a much stronger social emphasis than DN, and that the current team should consider bringing aboard more active moderators.

dannav147

Post #2 by dannav147 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:40 am

Just chiming in to say I agree. I haven't played for a while and my games here have been filled with people refusing to play by the rules and it sucks. I'd play a lot more if there were more administrative staff, and i'm sure many others feel the same

Genexwrecker

Post #3 by Genexwrecker » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:49 pm

If you think there aren’t enough judges them the best thing to do is pass the exam and get hired
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Megamaw

Post #4 by Megamaw » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:22 am

genexwrecker, please reread my post. i'm asking for moderation staff that aren't there just for judging.

Twisted Soul

Post #5 by Twisted Soul » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:34 pm

Dn mods didn't moderate on the actual site....they moderated the forums.
Until we meet again.

Genexwrecker

Post #6 by Genexwrecker » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:35 pm

To be fair the words of another person should never bother you.

Genexwrecker

Post #7 by Genexwrecker » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:11 pm

Strike Ninja wrote:To be fair, the words of another person making me want to kill myself over such should not exist either, and there are people on and off telling people "kys" which is Suicide Assistance, and Illegal by Law, and the Dueling Book staff do nothing about it, because no one bothers to report it. I thought the site wanted to promote a toxic free environment, which is the reason why I added that tidbit into it.

Personally, I feel that we should have something available. Especially when it involves someone defaming another member, and that the moderators should have it somewhere in policy that suicide assistance is an automatic ban, yet I see users doing it a lot, and I worry that some kids might kill themselves, because staff isn't active enough, or doesn't have it's own moderator, and the staff I do report such things do (do not care) so you are right, maybe it wouldn't be a solution simply because those staff might not do their job either, and then we are back to square one.

Checkmated by Genex, the only staff with a opinion to post in suggestions for the site. I am shocked more staff don't overlook the suggestions area, can I suggest to increase that too since it promotes ideas to improve upon the site?
any word can lead to a person killing themselves. that is not specifically restricted to kys or such. somebody even being called a noob can lead to that. its all down to the individual person. straight up go kill yourself harassment is clarified and covered in our punishment table but if somenthing else makes you want to commit suicide or hurt yourself there isnt really anything a site can do about that. different people have different thoughts and behaviors it would be impossible to account for every possible thing that could be deemed offensive.

Hyde

Post #8 by Hyde » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:40 am

@Megamaw, You could easily use the block function for users who spam too much in the chat or say offensive things you don't like. This then prevents your from seeing any of their posts, status's and duels and prevents them from commenting on your profile. It also does the same thing to you though as well making you unable to see or comment on anything they post. The DB judges do moderate the chat from what I've seen they simply aren't as strict as DN was and don't intervene for every little thing that offends someone because they added a Block button which can prevent you from seeing those posts you find irritating and offensive. You need to keep in mind that Judging is voluntary and they choose their own schedules to judge and for how long. If you want more judges then spread the word that the exam is out to all your friends that are judges or want to be judges and have them take the exam. You as well. Take it and try to join the staff. If you do see something that you think should be reported then take a screenshot and come here to the forums and use the report button. If the staff feel action needs to be taken then they will take action. Don't wait for others to do something, take action yourself and try to join the staff yourself. Otherwise complaining about lack of staff on a free site seems a little petty. Before it was understandable with the lack of an exam but now there is one so take action.

Pfannkuchen

Post #9 by Pfannkuchen » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:33 pm

Strike Ninja wrote:What YOU need to realize, is if someone sees them calling or referring to me as a Pedophile, than some users may take that seriously, instead of jokingly (The concern stems from the fact people think MST actually Negates if it's posted enough in Public Chat, as a result people may think I am actually a pedophile and treat me as such).

It is against the law, not just in the Country from my understanding to Slander and Defame someone, and I get it's about who "believes them" but going through a serious allegation like this, and treating (I will ddos you if you dont stop doing it) with a 14 day ban is retarded. It gives people a reason to not only feel the staff are not trying to tend to the community as they are expected to do, but it also portrays a certain (I don't give a fuck) attitude.

If they continue going on and on, and people trust them, I will end up getting harassed, and perhaps someone will try to hack my connection to pay me a visit over these remarks.

I wouldnt recommend this site to my friends, because of the lack of administrators, and the lack of wars. Truthfully the only reason I even use the forums is nostalgia which I will likely stop doing in a few days and switch to using it strictly for Ban Appeals and Abuse Reports.

Admin Talk
https://imgur.com/kRnnkWc
https://imgur.com/fMSyoRM
https://imgur.com/1sFFSlg
https://imgur.com/1sFFSlg

Harassment
https://imgur.com/FINlxkm
https://imgur.com/n0G0XzU
https://imgur.com/AgGzrR7
https://imgur.com/wqwANOp
https://imgur.com/FBWa4tK
https://imgur.com/r76waOe

Since it seems like you can't make a single post without mentioning your penalty, I would like to ask you something: Did you submit a report with all those screenshots or did you just PM Judges which were online? Submitting a report is much more helpful, because then all Judges can see and discuss your screenshots, not just a single one. Also, I haven't seen these screenshots before. So either you never submitted a report with them or it happend when I had to do more at work.

If you say there was already a complete report, I will take a look into it.

Greetings

Genexwrecker

Post #10 by Genexwrecker » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:49 am

Hyde wrote:@Megamaw, You could easily use the block function for users who spam too much in the chat or say offensive things you don't like. This then prevents your from seeing any of their posts, status's and duels and prevents them from commenting on your profile. It also does the same thing to you though as well making you unable to see or comment on anything they post. The DB judges do moderate the chat from what I've seen they simply aren't as strict as DN was and don't intervene for every little thing that offends someone because they added a Block button which can prevent you from seeing those posts you find irritating and offensive. You need to keep in mind that Judging is voluntary and they choose their own schedules to judge and for how long. If you want more judges then spread the word that the exam is out to all your friends that are judges or want to be judges and have them take the exam. You as well. Take it and try to join the staff. If you do see something that you think should be reported then take a screenshot and come here to the forums and use the report button. If the staff feel action needs to be taken then they will take action. Don't wait for others to do something, take action yourself and try to join the staff yourself. Otherwise complaining about lack of staff on a free site seems a little petty. Before it was understandable with the lack of an exam but now there is one so take action.
the entire purpose of the thread is that some users feel blocking isn’t enough or is an excuse to not take action against certain things.

Return to “Suggestions”