Improper retention

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
TI108

Improper retention

Post #1 by TI108 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:12 pm

Nice, my opponents play too fast and I get reprimanded for it, while my opponent hasn't even gotten a warning for fast play.
Doesn't anyone think that's fair?

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=847544-54562899

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2 by DarwisBellium92 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:36 pm

Honestly, you can use Book of Moon with chain The Honest.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:24 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:Honestly, you can use Book of Moon with chain The Honest.

Book of Moon cannot activate during the damage step. It can however activate in response to Honest's on-field effect.

TI108 wrote:Nice, my opponents play too fast and I get reprimanded for it, while my opponent hasn't even gotten a warning for fast play.
Doesn't anyone think that's fair?

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=847544-54562899

This had nothing to do with your opponent's playing speed. You admitted to waiting to see if your opponent had Honest before you decided to use Book of Moon, meaning you illegally tried to activate that spell in the damage step, leading to your freeze for cheating.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #4 by DarwisBellium92 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:36 pm

Nope
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

TI108

Post #5 by TI108 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:06 pm

He wouldn't have been allowed to play Honest without declaring the Damage Step and before he could even do that, I could have played the Beatle Step Book to get around Honest and since I expected that, that was my plan. I also pointed out to him that he was playing Honest too quickly after 3 seconds and too early, etc. I got a ban for that and my opponent got nothing.

greg503

Post #6 by greg503 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:24 am

TI108 wrote:He wouldn't have been allowed to play Honest without declaring the Damage Step and before he could even do that, I could have played the Beatle Step Book to get around Honest and since I expected that, that was my plan. I also pointed out to him that he was playing Honest too quickly after 3 seconds and too early, etc. I got a ban for that and my opponent got nothing.

Why would you not book before attacking if you were "planning to" to play around Honest?
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #7 by Christen57 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:18 am

greg503 wrote:
TI108 wrote:He wouldn't have been allowed to play Honest without declaring the Damage Step and before he could even do that, I could have played the Beatle Step Book to get around Honest and since I expected that, that was my plan. I also pointed out to him that he was playing Honest too quickly after 3 seconds and too early, etc. I got a ban for that and my opponent got nothing.

Why would you not book before attacking if you were "planning to" to play around Honest?

I think he was trying to play around Honest while also trying to play around other hand traps that trigger upon attack declaration such as Sphere Kuriboh / Gentlemander / Construction Train Signal Red.

It seems like his plan was to declare the attack, wait to see if the opponent would respond to the attack declaration with a Sphere Kuriboh or something, and if not, the timing window to activate Sphere Kuriboh would pass so he would then use his Book of Moon before reaching the damage step, thus playing around Sphere Kuriboh and Honest at the same time.

However, he communicated this so poorly to the judge that it seemed like his actual plan was to:
  • declare the attack
  • wait to see if Honest would get played, and if not, let the attack play out without ever using Book of Moon, thus allowing him to save said Book of Moon for later
  • if Honest was played, he'd use the excuse "I didn't yet agree to proceed to the damage step therefore I'm still in the battle step therefore I can still use Book of Moon in order to dodge the Honest!"
  • resulting in him having information about the opponent's hand earlier than he should... which is cheating

TI108

Post #8 by TI108 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:29 am

@greg503
Because it wouldn't have been necessary if he hadn't played too fast and I didn't know for sure if he had a Necro Gardna in the graveyard. Of course I should have checked that beforehand.

Genexwrecker

Post #9 by Genexwrecker » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:33 pm

[29:03] "Because I expected Honest and wanted the attack to go through.”so you admitted to us that you pretty much knew they would use honest but wanted to confirm they were using it before deciding to book before damage step. If you expected honest you would have just booked at start of bo or m1. This is pretty clear cut cheating to me and I will not be reversing the freeze
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

SoulEnd281

Post #10 by SoulEnd281 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:50 pm

Genex doing Genex things as usual.

Its been a year, but well said.

TI108

Post #11 by TI108 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:46 pm

@Genexwrecker
For what reason should I play Book in M1 or at the beginning of BP when I can legally play it up to Beatle Step???
Nobody would have played it like that.

As can be seen in the replay, my opponent dropped his honesty for 3 seconds and didn't say the damage step or anything else. Excerpts from the duel look:
[2:11] TI108: Entered Battle Phase
[2:13] TI108: Attacked "Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner" in M-4 with "Flamvell Firedog" in M-2
[2:16] gote: Sent "Honest" from hand (3/3) to GY

He played way too fast and his move was illegal because Honest cannot be used by the DS. That would have been at least one warring for her for past play and maybe another one for both of us for lack of communication, not just a ban just for me.

Furthermore, I also had to give in to be able to continue playing even though I wasn't wrong and I was still frozen and I don't think that's fair.

Christen57

Post #12 by Christen57 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:49 pm

TI108 wrote:@Genexwrecker
For what reason should I play Book in M1 or at the beginning of BP when I can legally play it up to Beatle Step???

As can be seen in the replay, my opponent dropped his honesty for 3 seconds and didn't say the damage step or anything else. Excerpts from the duel look:
[2:13] TI108: Attacked "Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner" in M-4 with "Flamvell Firedog" in M-2

He played way too fast and his move was illegal because Honest cannot be used by the DS. That would have been at least one warring for her for past play and maybe another one for both of us for lack of communication, not just a ban just for me.

Furthermore, I also had to give in to be able to continue playing even though I wasn't wrong and I was still frozen and I don't think that's fair.

You need to put someone in quotes using the Quote tag to get their attention. Using the @ symbol doesn't work here.

Renji Asuka

Post #13 by Renji Asuka » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:52 pm

Text from Honest

During the Damage Step, when a LIGHT monster you control battles (Quick Effect):

So why are you trying to state Honest can't be used in the Damage Step?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Genexwrecker

Post #14 by Genexwrecker » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:27 pm

What matters is your intent here. You showed malicious intentions behind your actions and that is why you are frozen

TI108

Post #15 by TI108 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:10 pm

@ Renji Asuka
I don't say that so.
What I meant was that Honest cannot be played for the Damage Step and after the attack announcement it is not yet in the Damage Step.
Last edited by TI108 on Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TI108

Post #16 by TI108 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:14 pm

@ Genexwrecker
That's your opinion and therefore it's still cheating to play according to the rules and not play too fast?!
Good to know. I will remember it for the future.
Last edited by TI108 on Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Genexwrecker

Post #17 by Genexwrecker » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:17 pm

TI108 wrote:@ Genexwrecker
That's your opinion and therefore cheating is still playing according to the rules?!
Good to know. I will remember it for the future.

And my opinion as the judge who reviewed your duel is the one that matters. And please do not try to use how you were ruled against here to shark other players. What was ruled for you applies to that one duel only. In the future please use our ban appeal part of the forum.

TI108

Post #18 by TI108 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:28 pm

I did and it wasn't taken first. That's why I used the forum to vent my anger about it.

At the Edison format 2010, this move was entirely to play around Honest and Kalut.

Renji Asuka

Post #19 by Renji Asuka » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:38 pm

TI108 wrote:@ Renji Asuka
I did not say that.
What I meant was that Honest cannot be played for the Damage Step and after the attack announcement it is not yet in the Damage Step.

You might want to try and reword that...
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Return to “Suggestions”