Ruling Exam With Reward

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
SumaiL
Mood:

Re: Ruling Exam With Reward

Post #21 by SumaiL » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:30 pm

greg503 wrote:
Wek wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Because the only correct answer is still incorrect

Well that was a confusing response. What do you mean the only correct answer is incorrect?

You can't D.D.R. the Abysstrite that gets Bottomlessed, not because "its Summon was not negated," but because it was not properly Summoned. Also I'm confident Stardust is at 1250 after Damage

After reading this, I was 100% sure that you didn't know the correct answers, you are just aiming at the wrong points, Anyway, be 100% sure of what you are talking about, before you try to diminish something someone did.

SumaiL
Mood:

Post #22 by SumaiL » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:38 pm

asmcint wrote:I haven't read through the scenario with Stardust yet due to a cold, however I can confirm there is a correct answer in the Mermail scenario.

EDIT: There's two correct in the Stardust Dragon scenario.

EDIT 2: I made it through halfway before giving up to go eat, but these are all totally solvable. The grammar isn't so bad you can't understand the questions or answers, reading comprehension is your friend.

that's right, everything you said is correct, regarding the 2 questions, really reading comprehension is your friend, even, I invite you to help me in my next test that I will do.

Genexwrecker

Post #23 by Genexwrecker » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:01 pm

SumaiL wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Wek wrote:
Really? What makes you say that?

Because the only correct answer is still incorrect

First of all thank you for interacting on my post. Criticism is always welcome. I want to leave a few points open that caught my attention: This is nothing official or professional work, it's just a hobby that I like to do for fun, and I wanted to give a bonus to those who did it. Second point: greg and GenexWrecker, only say something like this when you are 100% sure of what you are talking about, none of the alternatives are incorrect, What it implies is that they think they know the correct answer, but they don't. also, thanks asmcint, you were the only one who really understood the Stardust Dragon question, and yes it has 2 correct alternatives, this Question was made and corrected with the help of Redshift who is one of the members of Ygorganization and the most knowledgeable about ATK Modifier rules that I know in the Yugioh world, including this question was taken from a recent article he published on the Ygorganization website. The grammar may not be perfect, but the questions are not incorrect, I had help from professionals like gallantron and Redshift to do it. And for those who still want to do them, the challenge is still on, just send me a message on DB.

You worded answer 4 in the abyss question incorrectly hence why it technically has an incorrect answer. May seem minor but extremely important.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

SumaiL
Mood:

Post #24 by SumaiL » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:16 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
SumaiL wrote:

First of all thank you for interacting on my post. Criticism is always welcome. I want to leave a few points open that caught my attention: This is nothing official or professional work, it's just a hobby that I like to do for fun, and I wanted to give a bonus to those who did it. Second point: greg and GenexWrecker, only say something like this when you are 100% sure of what you are talking about, none of the alternatives are incorrect, What it implies is that they think they know the correct answer, but they don't. also, thanks asmcint, you were the only one who really understood the Stardust Dragon question, and yes it has 2 correct alternatives, this Question was made and corrected with the help of Redshift who is one of the members of Ygorganization and the most knowledgeable about ATK Modifier rules that I know in the Yugioh world, including this question was taken from a recent article he published on the Ygorganization website. The grammar may not be perfect, but the questions are not incorrect, I had help from professionals like gallantron and Redshift to do it. And for those who still want to do them, the challenge is still on, just send me a message on DB.

You worded answer 4 in the abyss question incorrectly hence why it technically has an incorrect answer. May seem minor but extremely important.

It's because answer 4 in this scenario is not correct, it was worded incorrectly on purpose, I don't know what the big question is here. when I say alternatives, I mean the questions I have drafted, i.e. none of the alternatives are meaningless. If it is incorrect, then the alternative does not apply to the Scenario. I questioned it because you said that the only correct answer is not correct, you implied that you told me that there is no right answer. and it made me wonder if you are aiming at the correct point. I suggest people read each CARD carefully mentioned in the scenario. This is for future DB exams.
Last edited by SumaiL on Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SumaiL
Mood:

Post #25 by SumaiL » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:15 pm

Wek wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Wek wrote:
Well that was a confusing response. What do you mean the only correct answer is incorrect?

You can't D.D.R. the Abysstrite that gets Bottomlessed, not because "its Summon was not negated," but because it was not properly Summoned. Also I'm confident Stardust is at 1250 after Damage

That's one of the wrong answers for that first question, not the intended correct answer though.

Not sure where you're getting 1250 though. Stardust got hit with Lost Wind, then afterwards got hit with Shrink (despite being a pretty safe assumption in context the question still should have specified.) After Moon Mirror Shield wears off Stardust should not be 1250.

Exactly, this is the right point of reading. This is one of the reasons why I did not publish the answers, people think they are answering the right choice and continue in the error thinking they are correct, and then come to justify wanting to be full of reason.While I was reading the answers here, I saw something like "Also i'm confident". That's why this is a test for fun and also a preparatory test.

Genexwrecker

Post #26 by Genexwrecker » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:51 pm

SumaiL wrote:
Wek wrote:
greg503 wrote:You can't D.D.R. the Abysstrite that gets Bottomlessed, not because "its Summon was not negated," but because it was not properly Summoned. Also I'm confident Stardust is at 1250 after Damage

That's one of the wrong answers for that first question, not the intended correct answer though.

Not sure where you're getting 1250 though. Stardust got hit with Lost Wind, then afterwards got hit with Shrink (despite being a pretty safe assumption in context the question still should have specified.) After Moon Mirror Shield wears off Stardust should not be 1250.

Exactly, this is the right point of reading. This is one of the reasons why I did not publish the answers, people think they are answering the right choice and continue in the error thinking they are correct, and then come to justify wanting to be full of reason.While I was reading the answers here, I saw something like "Also i'm confident". That's why this is a test for fun and also a preparatory test.

Sorry but 6 is a bad question that is done poorly and we will never structure a question that way on our exams which are harder.

SumaiL
Mood:

Post #27 by SumaiL » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:27 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
SumaiL wrote:
Wek wrote:

Sorry but 6 is a bad question that is done poorly and we will never structure a question that way on our exams which are harder.

Thanks for your feedback Genex, have a look at mine later, it looks really nice and enjoyable to do. When you say "harder", you must mean the last one that was done, because the others that had 20 questions were easy, it wasn't that much harder than mine. The last achievement is really challenging, but now there is no more Lantern to do it. And I practically did it alone, it was not "several people" I elaborated everything and thought of everything.

Cromat

Post #28 by Cromat » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:42 pm

How you settled your question, I mean that if we could select multiple options while selecting answer(s), if we selected 1 correct answer and 1 wrong answer, can we still get 1 score from that question?

Wek

Post #29 by Wek » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:54 pm

SumaiL wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Wek wrote:

acmcint was the only one? :o
*cries* :(
:P

Wek

Post #30 by Wek » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:58 pm

Cromat wrote:How you settled your question, I mean that if we could select multiple options while selecting answer(s), if we selected 1 correct answer and 1 wrong answer, can we still get 1 score from that question?

Don't know how they did it but I would probably choose to score each option. So if an answer was correct, and you picked it, you'd get a point. If an answer was incorrect, and you did not pick it, you would get a point.

Wek

Post #31 by Wek » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:01 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
SumaiL wrote:

Answer 4 in the abyss question isn't worded incorrectly, it's just a wrong answer. So if you're labeling option 4 as the one that's supposed to be correct, you'd just get it wrong.

Wek

Post #32 by Wek » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:30 pm

SumaiL wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Wek wrote:

First of all thank you for interacting on my post. Criticism is always welcome.

Oh, that reminds me, I should type my criticisms of the questions Greg posted here.

For the Stardust question I noted before the targets should still be declared just to be thorough, though I would hope readers can tell with context what the targets are supposed to be.

For the Mermail question's first option I would say "Red can activate either Black Horn of Heaven or Bottomless Trap Hole in response to the summon of Mermail Abysstrite but cannot activate both on the same chain." It is my understanding option 1 is trying to say you can legally activate both of the cards in question, just not in response to the same action on the same chain. It is not trying to say you can activate only 1 of the 2 in response to the summon, (as in one of them can legally be activated in response to the summon, but the other one cannot, without necessarily specifying which is which). I'm relying on the "if he uses either one" as my evidence that's your intent at least, and hoping by either you meant either could be used rather than either being whichever one was legal in the first place. It's readable as is (though you forgot a t to the "no" to make it a "not"), but I like this phrasing to better say what you're going for. That said, the overlap options 1 and 4 have here is a bit odd to me.

greg503

Post #33 by greg503 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:14 am

Notice how I didn't use objective wording when talking about those questions. I said "pretty sure," after all, I'm not a DB judge.
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #34 by Genexwrecker » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:35 am

Wek wrote:
SumaiL wrote:

Oh, that reminds me, I should type my criticisms of the questions Greg posted here.

For the Stardust question I noted before the targets should still be declared just to be thorough, though I would hope readers can tell with context what the targets are supposed to be.

For the Mermail question's first option I would say "Red can activate either Black Horn of Heaven or Bottomless Trap Hole in response to the summon of Mermail Abysstrite but cannot activate both on the same chain." It is my understanding option 1 is trying to say you can legally activate both of the cards in question, just not in response to the same action on the same chain. It is not trying to say you can activate only 1 of the 2 in response to the summon, (as in one of them can legally be activated in response to the summon, but the other one cannot, without necessarily specifying which is which). I'm relying on the "if he uses either one" as my evidence that's your intent at least, and hoping by either you meant either could be used rather than either being whichever one was legal in the first place. It's readable as is (though you forgot a t to the "no" to make it a "not"), but I like this phrasing to better say what you're going for. That said, the overlap options 1 and 4 have here is a bit odd to me.

Yea this is pretty much the point im trying to convey. The question itself can be read about 3 different ways none of which will lead you to selecting sumails correct answer(s). There is only 1 summon response window and this question horribly implies there are multiple in an unreasonable manner. Incorrect terminology and mixing english terms and card grammar inconsistently leads to this. I havent looked at the other questions yet but im bound to find more word combinations that make questions impossible to read.

Cromat

Post #35 by Cromat » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:18 am

Genexwrecker wrote:Yea this is pretty much the point im trying to convey. The question itself can be read about 3 different ways none of which will lead you to selecting sumails correct answer(s). There is only 1 summon response window and this question horribly implies there are multiple in an unreasonable manner. Incorrect terminology and mixing english terms and card grammar inconsistently leads to this. I havent looked at the other questions yet but im bound to find more word combinations that make questions impossible to read.

If I didn't misunderstand this text, Genexwrecker means to say, the questions must be like this (easily readable):

SAMPLE QUESTION:
During the Draw Phase: Player draw 1 card from Deck. The turn player controls a face-up "Messenger of Peace" on their Spell/Trap Zone when card drawn. Player places a reverse card on Spell/Trap Zone and ends their turn. The turn player Normal Summons of "Little-Winguard" in Attack Position. And attacks the non-turn player's face-down Defense Position monster. When non-turn player's opponent entered their Battle Phase: The turn player has 100 Life Points, and their opponent's has 2400 Life Points. Also, after the non-turn player's opponent attacked; the turn player's opponent activates their Set "Ego Boost".

According to the above paragraph, of the following sentences;
I. All of the following are correct.
II. All of the above is wrong.
III. The turn player's monster cannot declare attack.
IV. The turn player does not have any monster.
V. None of these.
Which one(s) isn't incorrect?
A) Only I
B) Only II
C) I and II
D) III and IV
E) The question is incorrect.

OR

But, I didn't understand that how those makes the question more difficult. Aren't the 2 sample questions in this post pretty easy and/or readable? But also, I agree that your questions that mentioned at previous post(s) were looks pretty unreadable. (hmph)

Wek

Post #36 by Wek » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:34 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
Wek wrote:
SumaiL wrote:

Yea this is pretty much the point im trying to convey. The question itself can be read about 3 different ways none of which will lead you to selecting sumails correct answer(s). There is only 1 summon response window and this question horribly implies there are multiple in an unreasonable manner. Incorrect terminology and mixing english terms and card grammar inconsistently leads to this. I havent looked at the other questions yet but im bound to find more word combinations that make questions impossible to read.

The option I refer to is also supposed to be wrong from how I read it. You should still be able to find which answer (s) are right in the questions Greg posted, even without the adjustments I suggested. I could post how I'd answer those questions and why, but I wasn't sure how the OP would feel about that, so I haven't done it yet.

Cromat

Post #37 by Cromat » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:39 am

Wek wrote:The option I refer to is also supposed to be wrong from how I read it. You should still be able to find which answer (s) are right in the questions Greg posted, even without the adjustments I suggested. I could post how I'd answer those questions and why, but I wasn't sure how the OP would feel about that, so I haven't done it yet.

What is OP, and also which font is the this forum using when displaying our text?

Wek

Post #38 by Wek » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:10 am

Cromat wrote:
Wek wrote:The option I refer to is also supposed to be wrong from how I read it. You should still be able to find which answer (s) are right in the questions Greg posted, even without the adjustments I suggested. I could post how I'd answer those questions and why, but I wasn't sure how the OP would feel about that, so I haven't done it yet.

What is OP, and also which font is the this forum using when displaying our text?

OP as in Original Poster. For this thread the OP would be SumaiL.

SumaiL
Mood:

Post #39 by SumaiL » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:24 am

Wek wrote:
SumaiL wrote:

I have read your entire post, and what I can say is that these are points to consider for future testing that I will be doing. At the moment I do not intend to modify this one, I will only adjust some grammar points, but nothing that changes the alternatives. As I did all the work alone, even correcting and looking several times, some things end up going blank, others were done on purpose because they are part of the test, you know? as catches for example, or wrong alternatives very close to the "right". For those who make these types of tests, the main purpose is to induce the inattentive reader to error. I'm quite pleased to have created this all by myself, it's the closest anyone has come to a "Judge exam of DN or DB." And it may look simple, but it takes days and hours to finish it.

SumaiL
Mood:

Post #40 by SumaiL » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:26 am

Wek wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Wek wrote:

The option I refer to is also supposed to be wrong from how I read it. You should still be able to find which answer (s) are right in the questions Greg posted, even without the adjustments I suggested. I could post how I'd answer those questions and why, but I wasn't sure how the OP would feel about that, so I haven't done it yet.

Let's keep it a secret, the main reason for a test that does not disclose the answers is so that it lasts a long time and that the same person does it over and over again until he gets the maximum score. And speaking of which, the challenge is still open, the highest score so far was 82%.

Return to “Suggestions”