Ruling Exam With Reward

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
SumaiL
Mood:

Ruling Exam With Reward

Post #1 by SumaiL » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:50 pm

Hello Dear Users,

We know that conventional DB exams take some time to be done, because they require a lot of effort and dedication. While the next exam is being prepared, I decided to create my own exam on Rulings and Decisions with the same characteristics of the conventional DB exam. To help them prepare for what is to come.

In each question of the Exam the Duelists refer to Blue and Red where Blue is the Turn Player (the question will tell you when Blue is no longer the turn player).
The time limit is 1 hour, and it is automatically submitted after that.
Unfortunately the tool does not allow a preview by simply clicking with the mouse on the card, to compensate for this, in each question, each card is linked to a Wiki page where you can read the card and its effects.
Each question has at least 1 correct answer, and can have 1 or more correct answers.
The pass score for the exam is 90%, if any of you get less than that, I don't recommend taking the DB exam yet.

To make things even more interesting, I have decided to give a Donation Code! as a reward if anyone is able to get 100%.
If you succeed, send me a message on DB with your username, if I am not online, send me a offline message.
GOOD LUCK!

-------------------------------------------------------------> https://testmoz.com/2235593/ <---------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by SumaiL on Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:22 pm

I'm pretty sure these questions don't have the actual correct answer among them
Also is this is a typo?: Image
Overall, thanks for proving why DB judges should be the ones making DB judge exams, I'm sure they at least proofread.
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #3 by Cromat » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:48 am

greg503 is right about some issues by the way. Reproducing colors only tires the eyes while reading. There also seem to be problems with punctuation (according to the images greg503 shared).
If I gave you the texts, could you prepare an exam for me, too? I want to ask randomly of my topic's questions, but I will add options, like your questioning style; SumaiL.
Or anyone could suggest a free site that does not require to registration, for I can ask questions to you like that style?

SAMPLE QUESTION:
During the Draw Phase: Player draw 1 card from Deck. The turn player controls a face-up "Messenger of Peace" on their Spell/Trap Zone when card drawn. Player places a reverse card on Spell/Trap Zone and ends their turn. The turn player Normal Summons of "Little-Winguard" in Attack Position. And attacks the non-turn player's face-down Defense Position monster. When non-turn player's opponent entered their Battle Phase: The turn player has 100 Life Points, and their opponent's has 2400 Life Points. Also, after the non-turn player's opponent attacked; the turn player's opponent activates their Set "Ego Boost".

Based on the above(s), which of the following(s) is correct?
A) When mentions Quick-Play Spell activated: Targeted monster's ATK increased by 1000 and based the scenario; monsters with 1500 ATK and more can't attack. This situation occurs an infinite loop because of the Continuous Spell Card on the field.
B) The turn player cannot Normal Summon of "Little-Winguard", because they'd been ended their turn.
C) If the non-turn player flips their Set "Santa Claws" to face-up Defense Position: The player who Normal Summoned "Little-Winguard" loses the Duel.
D) The player who drew 1 card from Deck considered cheating, because cards cannot be drawn from Extra Deck.
E) If the non-turn player's opponent's opponent controls a monster with 0 DEF, like "Effect Veiler" or "Mimikuril": The turn player's opponent wouldn't take 4800 damage to their Life Points when the non-turn player's opponent activates their "Megamorph" for deal more damage to their opponent, because they have only 2400 Life Points now. They can take maximum 2400 damage to their Life Points.

AND/OR

SAMPLE QUESTION:
During the Draw Phase: Player draw 1 card from Deck. The turn player controls a face-up "Messenger of Peace" on their Spell/Trap Zone when card drawn. Player places a reverse card on Spell/Trap Zone and ends their turn. The turn player Normal Summons of "Little-Winguard" in Attack Position. And attacks the non-turn player's face-down Defense Position monster. When non-turn player's opponent entered their Battle Phase: The turn player has 100 Life Points, and their opponent's has 2400 Life Points. Also, after the non-turn player's opponent attacked; the turn player's opponent activates their Set "Ego Boost".

According to the above paragraph, of the following sentences;
I. All of the following are correct.
II. All of the above is wrong.
III. The turn player's monster cannot declare attack.
IV. The turn player does not have any monster.
V. None of these.
Which one(s) isn't incorrect?
A) Only I
B) Only II
C) I and II
D) III and IV
E) The question is incorrect.

(Note: What do you think, do you think there are answers to these questions, or are the questions wrong in your opinion? Or are Cromat's questions high quality than SumaiL's? Don't forget to share your opinion. [Your time is 60 minutes, also the questions deliberately made difficult to melt your time. Also a little grace has been added to sentences for confuse you.] )

Kind regards.

Wek

Post #4 by Wek » Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:42 pm

greg503 wrote:I'm pretty sure these questions don't have the actual correct answer among them

Really? What makes you say that?

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:28 pm

Wek wrote:
greg503 wrote:I'm pretty sure these questions don't have the actual correct answer among them

Because the only correct answer is still incorrect
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

asmcint

Post #6 by asmcint » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:38 pm

Well it says "all that apply". Does the form let you just... not select any since none apply?

Wek

Post #7 by Wek » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:05 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Wek wrote:

Well that was a confusing response. What do you mean the only correct answer is incorrect?

Wek

Post #8 by Wek » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:08 pm

asmcint wrote:Well it says "all that apply". Does the form let you just... not select any since none apply?

There's supposed to be at least 1 correct answer per question according to the original poster.

greg503

Post #9 by greg503 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:57 pm

Wek wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Wek wrote:

Well that was a confusing response. What do you mean the only correct answer is incorrect?

You can't D.D.R. the Abysstrite that gets Bottomlessed, not because "its Summon was not negated," but because it was not properly Summoned. Also I'm confident Stardust is at 1250 after Damage
Buy Floowandereeze

Wek

Post #10 by Wek » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:12 pm

greg503 wrote:
Wek wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Because the only correct answer is still incorrect

You can't D.D.R. the Abysstrite that gets Bottomlessed, not because "its Summon was not negated," but because it was not properly Summoned. Also I'm confident Stardust is at 1250 after Damage

That's one of the wrong answers for that first question, not the intended correct answer though.

Not sure where you're getting 1250 though. Stardust got hit with Lost Wind, then afterwards got hit with Shrink (despite being a pretty safe assumption in context the question still should have specified.) After Moon Mirror Shield wears off Stardust should not be 1250.

asmcint

Post #11 by asmcint » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:43 pm

I haven't read through the scenario with Stardust yet due to a cold, however I can confirm there is a correct answer in the Mermail scenario.

EDIT: There's two correct in the Stardust Dragon scenario.

EDIT 2: I made it through halfway before giving up to go eat, but these are all totally solvable. The grammar isn't so bad you can't understand the questions or answers, reading comprehension is your friend.

Genexwrecker

Post #12 by Genexwrecker » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:40 pm

asmcint wrote:I haven't read through the scenario with Stardust yet due to a cold, however I can confirm there is a correct answer in the Mermail scenario.

EDIT 2: I made it through halfway before giving up to go eat, but these are all totally solvable. The grammar isn't so bad you can't understand the questions or answers, reading comprehension is your friend.

The issue is grammar in card language is so absurdly important that it makes some correct answers completely incorrect with even 1 wrong term.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Cromat

Post #13 by Cromat » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:03 pm

Well.. So.. Does no one want to solve my sample questions here, how about my questions there I placed?
(If you are going to answer, answer the question without quoting it.)

asmcint

Post #14 by asmcint » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:22 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
asmcint wrote:I haven't read through the scenario with Stardust yet due to a cold, however I can confirm there is a correct answer in the Mermail scenario.

The issue is grammar in card language is so absurdly important that it makes some correct answers completely incorrect with even 1 wrong term.

Grammar in card language is yes. Thankfully the questions being asked do not run afoul of this.

greg503

Post #15 by greg503 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:11 am

Going to fix this up a bit, correct me if I messed up which player you wanted it to be
Cromat wrote:SAMPLE QUESTION:
Player 1 has 2400 LP, and Player 2 has 100 LP. Player 1 controls "Messenger of Peace". Player 2 attacks Player 1's Set monster with"Little-Winguard". Player 1 activates their Set "Ego Boost" targeting the attacking Little-Winguard".

Based on the above(s), which of the following(s) is correct?
A) When mentions Quick-Play Spell activated: Targeted monster's ATK increased by 1000 and based the scenario; monsters with 1500 ATK and more can't attack. This situation occurs an infinite loop because of the Continuous Spell Card on the field.
B) The turn player cannot Normal Summon of "Little-Winguard", because they'd been ended their turn.
C) If the non-turn player flips their Set "Santa Claws" to face-up Defense Position: The player who Normal Summoned "Little-Winguard" loses the Duel.
D) The player who drew 1 card from Deck considered cheating, because cards cannot be drawn from Extra Deck.
E) If the non-turn player's opponent's opponent controls a monster with 0 DEF, like "Effect Veiler" or "Mimikuril": The turn player's opponent wouldn't take 4800 damage to their Life Points when the non-turn player's opponent activates their "Megamorph" for deal more damage to their opponent, because they have only 2400 Life Points now. They can take maximum 2400 damage to their Life Points.

In case it wasn't obvious, this was not written as a good rulings question, but the answers you provide are somehow worse. Obviously, only C is correct because of battle damage. A is stupid and should have been "the attack stops, lmao." B is relying on tricking people with the confusing language and unnecessary details that I cleaned up. D is irrelevant to the situation, and E is confusing because there isn't a source of piercing battle damage to begin with. Also as Master Duel shows, you take all the damage, but can only lose LP until you have 0.
Buy Floowandereeze

asmcint

Post #16 by asmcint » Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:43 pm

My brothers in Christ, including wrong answers with details that clearly don't make sense is one of the most classic multiple choice question things ever. Have you ever taken a standardized test?

greg503

Post #17 by greg503 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:55 pm

asmcint wrote:My brothers in Christ, including wrong answers with details that clearly don't make sense is one of the most classic multiple choice question things ever. Have you ever taken a standardized test?

If I wanted a standardized Yugioh test, I would take Konami's RC1 exam, which I easily passed. But DB want quality judges, and that starts with Q&A that isn't obvious
Buy Floowandereeze

asmcint

Post #18 by asmcint » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:23 pm

This also isn't an official judge exam, or anything close to it. This is just a "get you into the mindset" kind of deal. Work through the interaction then filter out the BS in the answers. Y'all are kvetching over absolutely nothing.

Wek

Post #19 by Wek » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:24 pm

This seems to have died off, so I'm guessing the previous objectors to these questions found which choices were correct.

SumaiL
Mood:

Post #20 by SumaiL » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:11 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Wek wrote:

First of all thank you for interacting on my post. Criticism is always welcome. I want to leave a few points open that caught my attention: This is nothing official or professional work, it's just a hobby that I like to do for fun, and I wanted to give a bonus to those who did it. Second point: greg and GenexWrecker, only say something like this when you are 100% sure of what you are talking about, none of the alternatives are incorrect, What it implies is that they think they know the correct answer, but they don't. also, thanks asmcint, you were the only one who really understood the Stardust Dragon question, and yes it has 2 correct alternatives, this Question was made and corrected with the help of Redshift who is one of the members of Ygorganization and the most knowledgeable about ATK Modifier rules that I know in the Yugioh world, including this question was taken from a recent article he published on the Ygorganization website. The grammar may not be perfect, but the questions are not incorrect, I had help from professionals like gallantron and Redshift to do it. And for those who still want to do them, the challenge is still on, just send me a message on DB.

Return to “Suggestions”