Take racism and bigotry more seriously

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
philowe2001

Take racism and bigotry more seriously

Post #1 by philowe2001 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:52 am

Usernames like BigN*g are allowed and mods seem unbothered. Apparently the site owner is ok with slurs so long as you have a pretense and a wink and a nod. This is ridiculous, a username like this would be permaban worthy on any other game or social media. At the very least names like this should be filtered upon creation with a blacklist, any user who comes up with something that slips through the blacklist should be forced to change their name, and then the blacklist should be updated to catch whatever slipped through going forwards. Seems like the people in charge couldn't care less, if there is an issue with leadership, that needs to be addressed. Countless other people complain about other forms of bigotry like transphobia as well.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:18 am

philowe2001 wrote:Image
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #3 by Genexwrecker » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:02 pm

This stems from not so intelligent people spreading falsehoods that nigga and n*****r are one and the same thing. The first is most commonly associated as a slang term equating to bro and often used in either a friendly or half joking manner. The second is existing for only being a racist cuss word. I assure you n*****r is filtered and people who try to avoid the filter with that are removed. Names parodying nigga are completely fine and socially accepted unless the user acts in a racist manner. The problem with the transphobia argument is that this is the internet and nobody can see you so 1.) missgendering on accident isnt possible and 2.) anyone can claim to be x thing then demand their opp be penalized. There is no possible way to regulate this “gender/pronoun” thing on a randomized space so we dont worry about it. Now if somebody is saying “fuck trans people kill them all” that is transphobic or more arguably hateful and harmful and should 100% be reported.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Renji Asuka

Post #4 by Renji Asuka » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:12 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:This stems from not so intelligent people spreading falsehoods that nigga and n*****r are one and the same thing. The first is most commonly associated as a slang term equating to bro and often used in either a friendly or half joking manner. The second is existing for only being a racist cuss word. I assure you n*****r is filtered and people who try to avoid the filter with that are removed. Names parodying nigga are completely fine and socially accepted unless the user acts in a racist manner. The problem with the transphobia argument is that this is the internet and nobody can see you so 1.) missgendering on accident isnt possible and 2.) anyone can claim to be x thing then demand their opp be penalized. There is no possible way to regulate this “gender/pronoun” thing on a randomized space so we dont worry about it. Now if somebody is saying “fuck trans people kill them all” that is transphobic or more arguably hateful and harmful and should 100% be reported.

Imagine someone wanting to identify themselves as God and want to be referred to as Almightly Lord/Heavenly Father.

Then imagine someone reporting other people for not complying to their preferred pronouns.

Or imagine someone being offended by that and reporting that account.

That's just how ridiculous the whole pronoun thing is.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #5 by Lil Oldman » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:51 am

most tolerant dB users POV:
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #6 by troglyte » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:37 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:This stems from not so intelligent people spreading falsehoods that nigga and n*****r are one and the same thing. The first is most commonly associated as a slang term equating to bro and often used in either a friendly or half joking manner. The second is existing for only being a racist cuss word. I assure you n*****r is filtered and people who try to avoid the filter with that are removed. Names parodying nigga are completely fine and socially accepted unless the user acts in a racist manner. The problem with the transphobia argument is that this is the internet and nobody can see you so 1.) missgendering on accident isnt possible and 2.) anyone can claim to be x thing then demand their opp be penalized. There is no possible way to regulate this “gender/pronoun” thing on a randomized space so we dont worry about it. Now if somebody is saying “fuck trans people kill them all” that is transphobic or more arguably hateful and harmful and should 100% be reported.

Imagine someone wanting to identify themselves as God and want to be referred to as Almightly Lord/Heavenly Father.

Then imagine someone reporting other people for not complying to their preferred pronouns.

Or imagine someone being offended by that and reporting that account.

That's just how ridiculous the whole pronoun thing is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Sexuall ... Helicopter
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

vomit2023

Post #7 by vomit2023 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:46 pm

I came in thinking this forum was woke but oh god you are all so based!
Never yield to globohomo frens!

greg503

Post #8 by greg503 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:01 pm

vomit2023 wrote:I came in thinking this forum was woke but oh god you are all so based!

DB is a anonymous online Yugioh simulator. Race and sexuality just don't matter here (for playing the game). I could be literally anyone. That said, don't use that as an excuse to be a bigot, respect the wants of others.
Buy Floowandereeze

Excellion

Post #9 by Excellion » Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:59 pm

greg503 wrote:
vomit2023 wrote:I came in thinking this forum was woke but oh god you are all so based!

DB is a anonymous online Yugioh simulator. Race and sexuality just don't matter here (for playing the game). I could be literally anyone. That said, don't use that as an excuse to be a bigot, respect the wants of others.

"sexuality doesnt matter here" This you?

Excellion

Post #10 by Excellion » Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm

greg503 wrote:

and if its meant to be "Anonymous" why have options to add your orientation or gender in the first place? why does it give you the option to add your LOCATION to your account? thats the opposite of anonymous. "i could be anyone" right, any bi sexual male who plays yugioh in a 10 mile radius of me, real anonymous there, ill hit up both of our local card shops and likely bump into you.

vomit2023

Post #11 by vomit2023 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:38 pm

[/quote]
don't use that as an excuse to be a bigot, respect the wants of others.[/quote]

The only bigoted mentally ill people are the lgbti+ dudes like the user above.
Take your own conclusions.

Renji Asuka

Post #12 by Renji Asuka » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:54 pm

Excellion wrote:
greg503 wrote:

and if its meant to be "Anonymous" why have options to add your orientation or gender in the first place? why does it give you the option to add your LOCATION to your account? thats the opposite of anonymous. "i could be anyone" right, any bi sexual male who plays yugioh in a 10 mile radius of me, real anonymous there, ill hit up both of our local card shops and likely bump into you.

You do realize filling that stuff out is optional right?

Also I guarantee no one will care about your sexuality as long as you don't make it your identity.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503

Post #13 by greg503 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:06 am

Excellion wrote:
greg503 wrote:

"sexuality doesnt matter here" This you?

Yes, because I only tell the truth on the internet. I can be trusted to fill optional profile space with the truth. There is absolutely 0 chance that I am lying about who I an IRL on DB. :roll:
Buy Floowandereeze

troglyte
Mood:

Post #14 by troglyte » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:30 am

Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Return to “Suggestions”