Make sentences and font size align with printed TCG

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Rocket2

Make sentences and font size align with printed TCG

Post #1 by Rocket2 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:56 am

Not sure if these are hard suggestions, but it finally bothered me to write this.

I saw something had change recently with the way the card description present itself in the "Effect Box". What used to be just barely fit into the card description box suddenly shrink and give that blank 1 line at the bottom. Some of my custom cards that used to barely fit in the "effect box" become smaller with an ugly unused line below. In fact, this apply to pretty much all cards in your database. Take "Timaeus the Knight of Destiny" as an example.

This is TCG printed.

This is yours.

[EDIT: I just noticed your version used 0 ATK/DEF instead of the original ? ATK/DEF. Please change it.]

What gives. There are 2 bare lines at the bottom. It not appealing to look at, and very different from the actual card. The smaller font size just made thing worse. All printed TCG cards doesn't have those empty lines, only yours. Also, there is a bare space after the last sentence, remove it as well.

But I'm not done. There are some cards with a different presentation from the original. Take "Armed Dragon Thunder LV10".

This is TCG printed.

This is yours.

Why would you do that. Not only does it make the words smaller, but you unnecessary break them apart, giving each effect their own line. I find the original way in presenting its bullet point effects better, and that is how the actual card was printed too. It is not the only one, there are other cards you had changed from the original: Time Thief Redoer, Signal Warrior, Giltia the D. Knight - Soul Spear, and etc.

Please change something in your JavaScript to make the sentences & font size align with the original TCG. Also, reverse whatever you guys did recently that make some words move 1 or 2 characters forward. Tq.

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:13 am

The 0 ATK/DEF thing should definitely be corrected to ? ATK/DEF, but it's really not that big of a deal if the sentences and font size don't align the way you want them to, because in the Deck Constructor and in games, you're not gonna be reading the card's text off the card itself. You're gonna be reading said text off the big white box under said card.

Rocket2

Post #3 by Rocket2 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:28 am

Christen57 wrote:The 0 ATK/DEF thing should definitely be corrected to ? ATK/DEF, but it's really not that big of a deal if the sentences and font size don't align the way you want them to, because in the Deck Constructor and in games, you're not gonna be reading the card's text off the card itself. You're gonna be reading said text off the big white box under said card.

If DB can align them, then it is better. Although it is not a high priority suggestion.

We can read those card's texts in the big white box on the left side ONLY if using DB. If we save them by taking a picture using the camera button on the far right (or even screenshot), then it is much harder to read those small texts.

I do save some pictures of both TCG and custom cards. I don't always want to google them every time I want to read them. When they are TCG, then naturally I save a picture outside DB. When they are DB custom, then I have no other choice but to use DB (go to site to read, or take a pic). And it is displeasing that those long texts are just too small and with some hideous vacant lines for me to bother to save or read.

Return to “Suggestions”