Treated incredibly unfairly by user flaming_ice early AM EST, no judges or mods online

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
rpmgonewild

Treated incredibly unfairly by user flaming_ice early AM EST, no judges or mods online

Post #1 by rpmgonewild » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:22 am

I had an interaction with the user flaming_ice this morning and it has gone incredibly unwell. It started from me activating a Danger effect in hand and saying "1-4 left to right, 5-6 reroll, or just pick" He then rolled a die which landed on one, picked the rightmost card (when it should have been the leftmost) and decreed "I am picking my own"

I asked him to clarify why he refused my reasonable method or why it would be found unreasonable throughout the match, to the point where at the end of game 3 (me losing the match) I refused to click admit defeat until he offered me an explanation. I realize this is probably breaking rules, but should you have to be remanded by a judge or moderator to be a decent person? I also want to know if declaring the roll like I did violates some other rule or not and I'm simply unaware of it.

I have never used these forums before, I'm mostly posting here so someone can actually see it when the mods are online. He shouldn't be able to say "because I say so" just because he has a high rating.

Vunery

Post #2 by Vunery » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:20 am

Any random method works. Just pointing at an opponents card after they shuffle on db is random, you can not read hand movement while someone is shuffling on db. All that matters is that the card they picked was random which sounds like it was to me.

flaming_ice

Post #3 by flaming_ice » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:36 am

you have the audacity to even report me after maliciously AFK on me rated :) https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=20251-44901848

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:07 am

You should not be rolling dice for Danger! monsters' effects unless those effects say you have to roll dice. Multiple judges confirmed this in previous cases including DistantCoder.

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:14 am

Christen57 wrote:You should not be rolling dice for Danger! monsters' effects unless those effects say you have to roll dice. Multiple judges confirmed this in previous cases including DistantCoder.

HOWEVER, many other Yugitubers such as Cimo do it...
Buy Floowandereeze

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #6 by Lil Oldman » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:14 am

Ah yes, my favorite card, Danger! Gambler!
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Genexwrecker

Post #7 by Genexwrecker » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:49 am

The dangers do not say to use dice therefore you should not use dice. Duelingbook has randomization hand shuffling. Shuffling and then clicking the card is the best and really only way you should be resolving dangers

Im giving both of you in that duel a warning for uc minor
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Christen57

Post #8 by Christen57 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:16 pm

greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:You should not be rolling dice for Danger! monsters' effects unless those effects say you have to roll dice. Multiple judges confirmed this in previous cases including DistantCoder.

HOWEVER, many other Yugitubers such as Cimo do it...

That's because they do it in casual unrated duels where you aren't expected to play seriously. In rated duels, you're expected to play seriously which includes leaving the dice button alone unless the effect requires it.

Genexwrecker wrote:The dangers do not say to use dice therefore you should not use dice. Duelingbook has randomization hand shuffling. Shuffling and then clicking the card is the best and really only way you should be resolving dangers

Both of who? flaming_ice and rpmgonewild, or flaming_ice and CashStash225?

rpmgonewild

Post #9 by rpmgonewild » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:57 am

flaming_ice wrote:you have the audacity to even report me after maliciously AFK on me rated :) https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=20251-44901848

If your stance was that the effect didn't require a dice roll and this was supported by previous rulings and provided a souce, we could have both saved time and effort. Unfortunately, my laptop died as it wasn't plugged in so it looks like it won't actually go anywhere.

I still don't know if that's what your reasoning even is because you have yet to offer a hint of an explanation. I don't see why you can't do so, to the point it cost you hours of your life.

Renji Asuka

Post #10 by Renji Asuka » Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:57 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:The dangers do not say to use dice therefore you should not use dice. Duelingbook has randomization hand shuffling. Shuffling and then clicking the card is the best and really only way you should be resolving dangers

I remember being told on DN that any method that both parties choose and agree on would be fine, as long as the method was clear.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

SPA-ghetto pizza

Post #11 by SPA-ghetto pizza » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:54 am

KITTYTROUBLE WHY DID U FREEZE ME CLAIMING I DID SOMETHING ABOUT TRIPLE TACTICS TALENT WHEN I WAS ALREADY FROZEN FOR 3 DAYS IT COULDNT POSSIBLY BE ME.

FROZE ME FOR NO VALID REASON

Return to “Suggestions”