Don't Reset Player Ratings for Emergency Banlist

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
jonjones8

Don't Reset Player Ratings for Emergency Banlist

Post #1 by jonjones8 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:43 pm

A new emergency ban list just dropped today and it will be in effect next Thursday on December 1st. I know DB resets the players' ratings with every new ban list, but I don't think they should do it this time. For one this is just an emergency ban list to help counter Ishizu Tear. Konami almost always releases a new ban list after a minimum of three months. It will be less than two months since the last ban list went in effect. I predict the new ban list to come out sometime in February of next year. I think DB should hold off on resetting everyone's ratings and wait until the next list drops because this is an emergency ban list and the current format is way too short.
Last edited by jonjones8 on Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #2 by Fredblade » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:56 pm

jonjones8 wrote:A new emergency ban list just dropped today and it will be in effect next Thursday on December 1st. I know DB resets the players' ratings with every new ban list, but I don't think they should do it this time. For one this is just an emergency ban list to help counter Ishizu Tear. Konami almost always releases a new ban list after a minimum of three months. It will be less than two months since the last ban list went in effect. I predict the new ban list to come out sometime in February of next year. I think DB should hold off on resetting everyone's ratings and wait until the next list drops because this is an emergency ban list and the current format is way too short.

It's not an emergency list because Konami now doesn't give specific dates anymore and can release a new banlist whenever they feel like it.

jonjones8

Post #3 by jonjones8 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:21 am

Fredblade wrote:
jonjones8 wrote:A new emergency ban list just dropped today and it will be in effect next Thursday on December 1st. I know DB resets the players' ratings with every new ban list, but I don't think they should do it this time. For one this is just an emergency ban list to help counter Ishizu Tear. Konami almost always releases a new ban list after a minimum of three months. It will be less than two months since the last ban list went in effect. I predict the new ban list to come out sometime in February of next year. I think DB should hold off on resetting everyone's ratings and wait until the next list drops because this is an emergency ban list and the current format is way too short.

It's not an emergency list because Konami now doesn't give specific dates anymore and can release a new banlist whenever they feel like it.

I think it's pretty obvious that it's an emergency banlist. They know what goes on in the tournaments. They know that Ishizu tear has been dominating since its release. The limit of herald and unlimits of d fissure and macro cosmos are obvious indirect hits to Ishizu tear. Mystic mine ban because too many people complained about it.

Whether this is an emergency banlist or not is besides the point. The fact of the matter is Konami released a new banlist less than two months since the previous banlist. That would make this format the shortest since September 2017. October 2021 format was four months long. February 2022 was three months. May 2022 was four months. October 2022 is a month and a few weeks. There's no point in resetting everyone's ratings next week because Konami decided to drop a surprise banlist. Let everyone who played this format get a chance to have the same opportunity as people who played in previous formats to play in rated before reset. I think this format and next format combined will still be not as long as May 2022.

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:39 am

its an official banlist and the dawn of a new format. the ratings will be reset.

The cards that went to 3 are extremely powerful floodgates that can possibly warp the side decking meta.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:58 pm

It will be an emergency banlist when they actually ban Ishizu or Tearalement cards
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #6 by Genexwrecker » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:36 pm

added to checklist as no
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Renji Asuka

Post #7 by Renji Asuka » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:02 pm

greg503 wrote:It will be an emergency banlist when they actually ban Ishizu or Tearalement cards

Nah, if that was the case, they would had hit the deck already (imo)
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

SPA-ghetto pizza

Post #8 by SPA-ghetto pizza » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:56 am

KITTYTROUBLE WHY DID U FREEZE ME CLAIMING I DID SOMETHING ABOUT TRIPLE TACTICS TALENT WHEN I WAS ALREADY FROZEN FOR 3 DAYS IT COULDNT POSSIBLY BE ME.

FROZE ME FOR NO VALID REASON

Return to “Suggestions”