The extent of simulated logging with automated procedures

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
eyal282

The extent of simulated logging with automated procedures

Post #1 by eyal282 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:07 pm

Whether by my custom extension or by you adding these as features, are these okay or are they considered cheating?

1. Can I make a command that silently checks my GY for Light & Dark monsters, except when under the effect of "Question"?

2. Can I make a command that silently checks my and my opponent's GY, except when under the effect of "Question"?

3. Can I make checking the GY not trigger the action that tells my opponent's I'm viewing my GY?

4. Logging a snapshot of a card revealed from opponent's hand ( card name, artwork and effect ), or added from deck to hand ( so I don't have to google its effects )

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:06 pm

eyal282 wrote:Whether by my custom extension or by you adding these as features, are these okay or are they considered cheating?

1. Can I make a command that silently checks my GY for Light & Dark monsters, except when under the effect of "Question"?

2. Can I make a command that silently checks my and my opponent's GY, except when under the effect of "Question"?

3. Can I make checking the GY not trigger the action that tells my opponent's I'm viewing my GY?

4. Logging a snapshot of a card revealed from opponent's hand ( card name, artwork and effect ), or added from deck to hand ( so I don't have to google its effects )

None of these would be cheating, as you can already do all those tasks just by either looking at the log (in the case of the first 3) or writing down each card in the opponent's hand somewhere for reference (in the case of the last one), without the need for any javascript or external commands.

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #3 by Fredblade » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:00 pm

I don't see any reason why you would want to implement those features if not because they can give you a potential tactical advantage.

eyal282

Post #4 by eyal282 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:57 pm

Fredblade wrote:I don't see any reason why you would want to implement those features if not because they can give you a potential tactical advantage.

To gain that tactical advantage, as DB allows logging.
The issue with when a card is added from hand to deck, you can have your mouse on the wrong place and be unable to verify the card. IRL you are able to examine the card closely to match the name, and then immediately google it :D

The objective is making sure it's okay with DB.

eyal282

Post #5 by eyal282 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:29 pm

Please respond. I need to know whether or not to add the already made code to the chrome extension page, or discard it. I could comment it out, but it's open source.

eyal282

Post #6 by eyal282 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:29 pm

Christen57 wrote:
eyal282 wrote:Whether by my custom extension or by you adding these as features, are these okay or are they considered cheating?

None of these would be cheating, as you can already do all those tasks just by either looking at the log (in the case of the first 3) or writing down each card in the opponent's hand somewhere for reference (in the case of the last one), without the need for any javascript or external commands.

Through facts and logic, you convinced me it's fair and okay. I will add it after I add a command to banish every card in your deck that has "Banish this card at the start of the duel"

What would you call such command?

Christen57

Post #7 by Christen57 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:31 pm

eyal282 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Through facts and logic, you convinced me it's fair and okay. I will add it after I add a command to banish every card in your deck that has "Banish this card at the start of the duel"

What would you call such command?

I don't know, since you generally shouldn't be making custom cards with such effects to begin with, but if you really must make a command for that, name it whatever you want, as long as it's related to banishing.

Return to “Suggestions”