YGO Scope is not working

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
LIght and Darkness Marco

YGO Scope is not working

Post #1 by LIght and Darkness Marco » Thu May 26, 2022 3:27 pm

Hi, I know thta maybe it's an off topic, but if there is someone here affiliated with YGOscope, can he tell me why records of the duels are blocked since 18/5?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2 by Lil Oldman » Thu May 26, 2022 3:33 pm

dB replays now disallow for bot usage, which prevents YGOScope's ability to gather data.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Genexwrecker

Post #3 by Genexwrecker » Thu May 26, 2022 4:46 pm

Good thanks for letting me know our fix is working as intended. You can no longer use ycoscope to gain illicit info from duels on duelingbook.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Sun May 29, 2022 3:42 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:Good thanks for letting me know our fix is working as intended. You can no longer use ycoscope to gain illicit info from duels on duelingbook.

You should still at least disable this "fix" for custom replays and unrated replays, and only enable it for rated replays and official tournament replays as it's those replays where cheating rules are enforced and not unrated or custom replays.

Renji Asuka

Post #5 by Renji Asuka » Sun May 29, 2022 7:33 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Good thanks for letting me know our fix is working as intended. You can no longer use ycoscope to gain illicit info from duels on duelingbook.

You should still at least disable this "fix" for custom replays and unrated replays, and only enable it for rated replays and official tournament replays as it's those replays where cheating rules are enforced and not unrated or custom replays.

I rather not have them disabled for even those.

I rather all bots be useless.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Genexwrecker

Post #6 by Genexwrecker » Sun May 29, 2022 11:47 pm

Christen57 wrote:

No we specifically put this in place for those unranked games.

Christen57

Post #7 by Christen57 » Mon May 30, 2022 12:37 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Tournaments are held in unranked mode? I thought it was just ranked mode. In that case, what about non-tournament duel replays such as custom duel replays and rush duel replays?

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #8 by Fredblade » Mon May 30, 2022 1:56 am

People can host tournaments in any format really: custom, goat, traditional, unlimited, speed duel, even Rush Duel. So I guess it's for the sake of uniformity in everything, because making arbitrary changes to specific situations would make people then be mad about "double standards" like "why does thing A have this restriction, but thing B doesn't?"

Genexwrecker

Post #9 by Genexwrecker » Mon May 30, 2022 5:34 am

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Tournaments are held in unranked mode? I thought it was just ranked mode. In that case, what about non-tournament duel replays such as custom duel replays and rush duel replays?

Tournaments can be held in any section on duelingbook. On top of that many larger tournaments which quite a few of our judges participate in as judges or head judges for that are hosted on duelingbook online with massive prizes are suffering cheating and unfairness due to ygoscope. As such it took a while but measures were made to esnure fairness.

end of the day ygoscope is basically cheating we just havent penalized it as its an outsider doing it and the players just have access to it. now they no longer do.

Christen57

Post #10 by Christen57 » Mon May 30, 2022 2:04 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:No we specifically put this in place for those unranked games.

Tournaments can be held in any section on duelingbook. On top of that many larger tournaments which quite a few of our judges participate in as judges or head judges for that are hosted on duelingbook online with massive prizes are suffering cheating and unfairness due to ygoscope. As such it took a while but measures were made to esnure fairness.

end of the day ygoscope is basically cheating we just havent penalized it as its an outsider doing it and the players just have access to it. now they no longer do.

If this is a tournament-only issue, then this "solution" of yours should be tournament-only, and not apply to non-tournament replays and replays more than a week old (as tournaments will be long over by then making any cheating impossible then).

greg503

Post #11 by greg503 » Mon May 30, 2022 2:29 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

If this is a tournament-only issue, then this "solution" of yours should be tournament-only, and not apply to non-tournament replays and replays more than a week old (as tournaments will be long over by then making any cheating impossible then).

Why would they put in the extra coding effort for these exceptions?
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #12 by Christen57 » Mon May 30, 2022 2:36 pm

greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Tournaments can be held in any section on duelingbook. On top of that many larger tournaments which quite a few of our judges participate in as judges or head judges for that are hosted on duelingbook online with massive prizes are suffering cheating and unfairness due to ygoscope. As such it took a while but measures were made to esnure fairness.

Because they're non-tournament replays and replays more than a week old so they should be exempt. It makes no sense to punish people like myself (who are only grinding in rated and don't participate in tournaments) because of what went down in tournaments.

Genexwrecker

Post #13 by Genexwrecker » Mon May 30, 2022 3:07 pm

Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Because they're non-tournament replays and replays more than a week old so they should be exempt. It makes no sense to punish people like myself (who are only grinding in rated and don't participate in tournaments) because of what went down in tournaments.

its fair enough even more so to apply it in ranked. We just also had very good reason for unranked problems which led to the implementation. ranked is also considered to be tournament level play. some large tournaments can take more than a week btw.

Christen57

Post #14 by Christen57 » Tue May 31, 2022 3:19 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Why would they put in the extra coding effort for these exceptions?

its fair enough even more so to apply it in ranked. We just also had very good reason for unranked problems which led to the implementation. ranked is also considered to be tournament level play. some large tournaments can take more than a week btw.

Then exempt at least singles from this "fix" (since tournaments are played in best-of-3 matches and not best-of-1s) and give us some alternative way to at least see what the meta decks on duelingbook are at the moment. You don't have to let us see who specifically are piloting the decks in question, just something that says, for example, "according to the data, X percent of players are playing Swordsoul this format, Y percent of players are playing Branded/Despia this format according to rated, Z percent of players are main decking hand traps like Ash Blossom," and so on, instead of "player A is playing Swordsoul this tournament and player B is playing Branded/Despia this tournament".

In other words, let us see what decks and cards are being played the most while keeping the usernames of the users piloting those decks/cards hidden. That way, I can still see what the current meta deck is but can't cheat by seeing what my specific opponents in brackets are playing (nor see what deck the specific opponent I'm facing next is playing) as long as the replays only show which decks and cards are being widely played and not which specific players are playing those decks/cards.

Also, if a week is too little time to make replays/logs accessible to YGOscope and to make decks visible in those replays, what about 2 weeks, or a month? Surely a tournament wouldn't that last long, right?

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #15 by Fredblade » Tue May 31, 2022 8:37 pm

If people are so concerned about statistics and such, why don't just ask people to willingly submit their deck lists once tournaments are over, that's how it works in real life, only people that want to share their list do, they do not have their decklist posted without their consent.

Christen57

Post #16 by Christen57 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:18 pm

Fredblade wrote:If people are so concerned about statistics and such, why don't just ask people to willingly submit their deck lists once tournaments are over, that's how it works in real life, only people that want to share their list do, they do not have their decklist posted without their consent.

This might be feasible if the tournament has 8 or less people, but if it's like a large 32+ player event, you can't go around manually searching for 32+ different people to get all of them to submit their decklists. At that point, you need either some automated system to go around and automatically collect those lists after the tournament in order to see what the most played decks are, or the Tournament Organizers (who the decklists were submitted to in the first place for verification) releasing those lists after the tournament(s) in question.

Anyway, I just checked YGOscope this morning and it looks like it's back up and running again. The only difference now is that while you can still see what the most played decks and cards are at the moment in rated non-tournament duels, you can no longer look for a specific player's last 20 replays (like you could before), as YGOscope allowing people to do specifically that was apparently why it got blocked.

So either 1) Xteven made some kind of deal with YGOscope where YGOscope would remove this feature (that allowed people to look up certain replays), and in return, Xteven would whitelist YGOscope so it can continue collecting and displaying information on the most played cards and decks in the meta like before without having to solve the CAPTCHA, or 2) YGOscope received an update of it's own that now lets it bypass this anti-bot thing.

Either way, I'm glad I can now use YGOscope again. I don't mind no longer being able to look up specific replays of specific players. Just being able to stay up to date on what the meta decks at the moment are is good enough.

Return to “Suggestions”