Genexwrecker's Suggestion Checklist

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
asmcint

Re: Genexwrecker's Suggestion Checklist

Post #61 by asmcint » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:37 am

Some form of better handling for "look at the top X cards in your deck" effects would be nice. Compared to excavating where what you pull is common knowledge, "look at" remains private. With DB as it stands now my process for resolving something like the on-activation effect of Dark Magical Circle is as follows:

1. If I have cards banished facedown already, add something already common knowledge face-up to the banished pile temporarily as a spacer to make the separation between what I'm looking at and what I've already banished clear to my opponent.

2. /banishfd 3

3. Look at banished face-down cards, and if one of the 3 is Dark Magician or a spell/trap that mentions it, move it to the field to reveal it, then add it to the hand.

4. Put the remainder at the top of the deck in any order.

5. Return the spacer card from wherever I moved it.

This is a really convoluted way to resolve one effect and because of some of the particular weird stuff I have to do I have to outline the process for my opponent as well, making it extremely time-consuming. Having a separate command to "look at" cards and have them appear in a pop-up window, with options to reveal and add from there, would dramatically expedite the whole process.

Renji Asuka

Post #62 by Renji Asuka » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:46 am

I typically add the cards to my hand to "look at" but I don't shuffle my hand so my opponent knows where those 3 cards were.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

asmcint

Post #63 by asmcint » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:16 am

Y'know that is probably a lot easier. Excuse me while I go bang my head on a wall now.

LimpBizkit4real

Post #64 by LimpBizkit4real » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:42 am

Can you add Manga/Anime only monster types?
Hehe :mrgreen:

eyal282

Post #65 by eyal282 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:29 am

asmcint wrote:Some form of better handling for "look at the top X cards in your deck" effects would be nice. Compared to excavating where what you pull is common knowledge, "look at" remains private. With DB as it stands now my process for resolving something like the on-activation effect of Dark Magical Circle is as follows:

1. If I have cards banished facedown already, add something already common knowledge face-up to the banished pile temporarily as a spacer to make the separation between what I'm looking at and what I've already banished clear to my opponent.

2. /banishfd 3

3. Look at banished face-down cards, and if one of the 3 is Dark Magician or a spell/trap that mentions it, move it to the field to reveal it, then add it to the hand.

4. Put the remainder at the top of the deck in any order.

5. Return the spacer card from wherever I moved it.

This is a really convoluted way to resolve one effect and because of some of the particular weird stuff I have to do I have to outline the process for my opponent as well, making it extremely time-consuming. Having a separate command to "look at" cards and have them appear in a pop-up window, with options to reveal and add from there, would dramatically expedite the whole process.

DB's interface has a solution to this, which I'll try to achieve with my chrome extension.

You can set the top cards of your deck on the field ( it will require 3 empty spaces on either your frontrow or backrow )

Genexwrecker

Post #66 by Genexwrecker » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:03 pm

some things on the list have been updated
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Cromat

Post #67 by Cromat » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:53 pm

Hiring more Judges with a Gardevoir profile picture.) No
There can be only 1 best and bright Judge at here, and this issue is not open to discussion.

greg503

Post #68 by greg503 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:55 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:some things on the list have been updated

Didn't you add the ability to note stat changes to monsters on the field recently?
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #69 by Genexwrecker » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:50 pm

greg503 wrote:

Didn't you add the ability to note stat changes to monsters on the field recently?

No you are able to adjust what you see on atk and def but the stats are not altered and will appear normal to everyone else. Its just a note taking version. Allowing free editing of stats would be absurd

eyal282

Post #70 by eyal282 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:48 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
greg503 wrote:

No you are able to adjust what you see on atk and def but the stats are not altered and will appear normal to everyone else. Its just a note taking version. Allowing free editing of stats would be absurd

This is incorrect and the stat changing is also reflected on the logs ( I have just checked this. Could be exclusive to unrated but it works on unrated )

Suggestion: The 5 cards that require your opponent not to shuffle their hand after drawing a card will let you end your turn in a way that prevents your opponent from shuffling their hand for 10 seconds, which causes the second suggestion: Auto shuffle when a card is drawn.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #71 by DarwisBellium92 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:59 pm

Accelerate with waiting times/calls for the arrival of the judges, because waiting from 2 to 6 hours of rated game is a lot.
(From what I remember, last year, the availability of the judges was great, not now.)
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

lanmater

Post #72 by lanmater » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:12 pm

Would love to see that the tab content changed when someone tries to join a duel/waiting for me to accept. I'm often on a different tab when waiting for someone to duel with. I would find that to be a great quality of life feature.

Genexwrecker

Post #73 by Genexwrecker » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:09 pm

lanmater wrote:Would love to see that the tab content changed when someone tries to join a duel/waiting for me to accept. I'm often on a different tab when waiting for someone to duel with. I would find that to be a great quality of life feature.

There is an alert that sounds when ur paired. Even that is a bit much. If the duel is so unimportant that you dont need to be present for the match up then you shouldnt get an alert.

Genexwrecker

Post #74 by Genexwrecker » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:10 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:Accelerate with waiting times/calls for the arrival of the judges, because waiting from 2 to 6 hours of rated game is a lot.
(From what I remember, last year, the availability of the judges was great, not now.)

There is nothing I can do about that. The player-base themselves control that

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #75 by DarwisBellium92 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:21 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:Accelerate with waiting times/calls for the arrival of the judges, because waiting from 2 to 6 hours of rated game is a lot.

There is nothing I can do about that. The player-base themselves control that

Sigh
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

SaintMarcuz
Mood:

Post #76 by SaintMarcuz » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:03 am

Could you implement the option of Reveal Hand on Click and Echo, like You would for Heavenly lord of the sky prison?

Jeb_

Post #77 by Jeb_ » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:04 am

Suggestions:
1. Add a new way to ban banevaders (harder to evade i.e. Webgl hashes + useragent + hardware information)

2. Remove the harassment policies or readjust them to be less vague.

3. Unmute Vendetta

4. Figure out a way to remove EXE forever / Give him a villain arc.

5. Remove About Me "orientation", Duelingbook is suppose to be a child's platform -- I do not think such things should exist like that.

6. Add a way to email DB to remove your account (to comply with GDPR).

7. Add a way to comply with law enforcement (Because we don't have that)

8. Add a Xteven's dev notes / patch logs to see what was changed and remove that whitebox when you're logging in with the button "What's New" with every update, even if minor.

9. Add an inbuilt API for basic rulings i.e. db.ygorganization.com/search# + cardname / cardid from the import resource: https://static.duelingbook.com/cards.json (ex. https://db.ygorganization.com/card#13977)

10. Make posting any IPv4, IPv6 and MAC address get hidden from Main Menu (filtering).

11. Add dislikes (low prio) and make a new filter for showing posts you actually want e.x. friends + similar so adding people is finally useful.

12. Make a new export feature to list all card names in a .txt file with cardid + card names (split by 2)

13. Make Klubba read every custom card and singlehandedly manage the custom cards and its standards (Klubba do no wrong), approving any new additions to the cardpool (even if private).

14. Allow satire.

15. Ability to replace card text (for Infernoid or others)

16. Rig drawing cards so people who play Invoked can never have Invocation, Meltdown or Aleister even if they drew/added it to their hand.

17. Add back browse users.

18. Add a council that serialized finding manga sources.

19. Add a calculator to DB.

20. add a unique identifier so you can tell if a card is a custom card easier i.e. card?id=%NUM%CC or make them embed like this but the entire card: https://i.imgur.com/h42wmUG.png

Some satire in these suggestions.
Last edited by Jeb_ on Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

greg503

Post #78 by greg503 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:26 am

I want default art for Custom cards, where if you don't upload an image, the art square now has the card's name or something instead of nothing. It will make playing with/against artless customs a bit more readable, since a lot of players use the art to tell which card is which.
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #79 by Cromat » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:37 pm

Did you disable the ATK/DEF modifiers (by clicking them)? I cannot modifier Tokens or Continuous Trap Cards ATK and/or DEF points etc.

Christen57

Post #80 by Christen57 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:40 pm

Can we get the option to join both the singles pool and match pool at the same time in advanced rated? Sometimes I just want to play somebody in ranked and don't care if I battle 'em in a best of 1 or best of 3.

Right now, if I join the best-of-1 pool, but everyone else is in the best-of-3 pool at the moment, I won't get paired up with an opponent and will have to wait long periods of time until someone joins my pool. The same is true if I join the best-of-3 pool while everyone else is in the best-of-1 pool at the moment.

I'd like to join some sort of hybrid pool where the game tries to pair me up with someone either from the best-of-1 pool (where I would play a best of 1 with that person) or from the best-of-3 pool (where I would play a best of 3 with that person), whoever the game can pair me up with first. That lets me get into a game faster, instead of being allowed to join only one pool at a time.

Return to “Suggestions”