Competition on DB Rated

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Sound4

Re: Competition on DB Rated

Post #141 by Sound4 » Sun May 29, 2022 8:54 pm

greg503 wrote:The unchained guy topped off of the back of Ice Dragon's Prison and D Shifter, Floowandereeze can just do that better now

Floowandereeze don't play ice dragon's prison.

greg503

Post #142 by greg503 » Mon May 30, 2022 12:13 am

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:"A" the person topping was beating multiple top tier decks with unchained consistently not just one but multiple.

Did I stutter?

What do you mean?

That that top proves nothing
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #143 by Renji Asuka » Mon May 30, 2022 10:47 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:"A" the person topping was beating multiple top tier decks with unchained consistently not just one but multiple.

Did I stutter?

What do you mean?

It's a non argument as I already covered that, which you seem to ignore. I'm not going to repeat my arguments to you.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Sound4

Post #144 by Sound4 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:01 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Did I stutter?

What do you mean?

It's a non argument as I already covered that, which you seem to ignore. I'm not going to repeat my arguments to you.

You said "a" as in he beat one top tier deck but he was beating multiple top tier decks. Your post does not answer my point.

Sound4

Post #145 by Sound4 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:01 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Did I stutter?

What do you mean?

How? Explain

ScottyAdams

Post #146 by ScottyAdams » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:04 pm

Okay, so the crux of your argument Sound has been "a good pilot can bring the most outta a deck". No shit, Sherlock. This applies to ANY deck in the game.

Also, yes Coder is a good Unchained pilot but 1 event top does not prove its status as a meta or more than a rogue deck. Anyone can have a good run at a tournament, the meta and top decks are defined by how consistenrly they top.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #147 by Lil Oldman » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:08 pm

I want to see Unchained play against Splight
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

greg503

Post #148 by greg503 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:17 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:What do you mean?

How? Explain

"A broken clock is right twice a day"
Meaning:
The phrase even a broken clock is right twice a day means that occasionally, even [thing] considered unreliable can [do what it should/what's correct].

Note: This phrase is also said as ‘even a stopped clock is right twice a day.’ (The word ‘broken’ is sometimes substituted for the word ‘stopped.’)

Origin Of ‘Even a Broken Clock Is Right Twice a Day’
A broken clock is obviously going to be unreliable, as it cannot properly tell you the time. So whenever you look at it, the time it shows will be wrong. Well, mostly, because even a busted clock that has its minute and hour hands stuck in place will still be right twice a day, hence the clock is correct on occasion. This is comparable to a person who, like a broken clock (in that they often give wrong or unreliable information about things), even they can still be correct at times.
This phrase goes back to at least the early 18th century. It was used in a magazine called The Spectator, by Joseph Addison and Richard Steele, from the year 1711:

“If instead of running after the mode, they would continue fixed in one certain habit, the mode would come time or other overtake them, as a clock that stands still is sure to point right once in twelve hours.”
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #149 by Renji Asuka » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:29 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:What do you mean?

You said "a" as in he beat one top tier deck but he was beating multiple top tier decks. Your post does not answer my point.

Did I stutter?

Sound4

Post #150 by Sound4 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:13 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:It's a non argument as I already covered that, which you seem to ignore. I'm not going to repeat my arguments to you.

Did I stutter?

Nice way to avoid an argument. So I assuming that you have no response.

Sound4

Post #151 by Sound4 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:15 pm

ScottyAdams wrote:Okay, so the crux of your argument Sound has been "a good pilot can bring the most outta a deck". No shit, Sherlock. This applies to ANY deck in the game.

Also, yes Coder is a good Unchained pilot but 1 event top does not prove its status as a meta or more than a rogue deck. Anyone can have a good run at a tournament, the meta and top decks are defined by how consistenrly they top.

The Deck just doesn't have good representation. Also yes the top does mean something especially when Christen57, Greg503 and Renji Asuka were all saying unchained was bad and can't top outside of a locals. Once I showed the proof they had no response.

Sound4

Post #152 by Sound4 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:16 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:I want to see Unchained play against Splight

That is in the OCG

Christen57

Post #153 by Christen57 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:34 pm

Sound4 wrote:

That is in the OCG

Splight will come in the TCG soon enough.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #154 by Lil Oldman » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:18 pm

Sound4 wrote:

That is in the OCG

Nice argument avoidance.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

greg503

Post #155 by greg503 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:53 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:You said "a" as in he beat one top tier deck but he was beating multiple top tier decks. Your post does not answer my point.

Did I stutter?

To avoid an argument, you first have to actually make one
Buy Floowandereeze

greg503

Post #156 by greg503 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:58 pm

Sound4 wrote:
ScottyAdams wrote:Okay, so the crux of your argument Sound has been "a good pilot can bring the most outta a deck". No shit, Sherlock. This applies to ANY deck in the game.

The Deck just doesn't have good representation. Also yes the top does mean something especially when Christen57, Greg503 and Renji Asuka were all saying unchained was bad and can't top outside of a locals. Once I showed the proof they had no response.

Repeat after me: Meta game rule 1: The more something is used in competitive play, especially without budget/supply/time restrictions, the more likely it is to be actually good. When something sees almost little to no representation in competitive play, it is bad.
Thus, Unchained is bad until multiple players top with it, or many players enter multiple reputable tourneys with it, which won't happen with the way the archtype is now
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #157 by Renji Asuka » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:01 am

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:You said "a" as in he beat one top tier deck but he was beating multiple top tier decks. Your post does not answer my point.

Did I stutter?

You keep bringing up arguments that were already covered and tried to again.

So shut your bitch ass up.
Last edited by Renji Asuka on Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #158 by troglyte » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:07 am

Guys, you know he's just going to continue ignoring every argument you make, and then pretend like you haven't said anything, right
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #159 by Lil Oldman » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:09 am

troglyte wrote:Guys, you know he's just going to continue ignoring every argument you make, and then project his own illiteracy onto you, right?

True, but I'd rather deal with this drama rather than another politically heavy debate

Renji Asuka

Post #160 by Renji Asuka » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:09 am

troglyte wrote:Guys, you know he's just going to continue ignoring every argument you make, and then pretend like you haven't said anything, right

I'm just sick of the notifications tbh.

Return to “Suggestions”