Competition on DB Rated

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Sound4

Re: Competition on DB Rated

Post #281 by Sound4 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:29 pm

itsmetristan wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Why don't they need going second cards? You're not always gonna get to go first, so in the duels where you end up going second, you need cards for that, no?

It is the same reason good despia decks don't play hand traps. You want to see branded fusion as much as possible as that is what starts your plays. Also they can easily search branded lost which makes so many handraps and negations in the game useless and with so many non targeting cards like mirrojade and chimera you can easily break an opponents board and setup. You can setup red and Mirrorjade with lost getting so many free draws and pops.

No.

1) Despia is far better at going second without the assistance of handtraps or equalizers than Unchained is. You have consistent access to Albaz, Chimera, Jade, etc. The amount of extenders the deck has access to that can lead to plays that crack boards is night and day compared to Unchained.
2) There is very little deck space available for tech slots, so you want to make it count. Super poly, for example, is one of the ones you play because it synergizes super well with the deck. Unchained doesn't have this issue.

Unchained lacks both of these, making not playing handtraps or equalizers in the main pointless.

You completely missed the point of how unchained works. If you are going 2nd you break the board (dark ruler, raigeki, kaijus etc post siding) and you start build up your own board putting the game into a simplified gamestate as that is when unchained is at its best. Yes Despia is better than Unchained never said it wasn't. I can play through despia boards at times but usually banishment is an issue with super poly.

Sound4

Post #282 by Sound4 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:31 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:The context behind the number doesn't matter, you're still bad at the game.

You see what I mean? Since you ignore context your takes are also bad.

When you LITERALLY ADMITTED you surrender most of your matches because of inconvenience. YOU'RE STILL BAD. Context doesn't matter.

A loss is still a fucking loss.

You're bad, you'll always be bad if you have a below 50% win rate.

I say I am forced to quit a good amount of my matches because there are no judges online. The fact that you said "context doesn't matter" already shows that you don't what you are talking about. Learn context first then talk. Since you clearly have not.

Sound4

Post #283 by Sound4 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:34 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:The context is that you don't want to win and increase your rating, making your actual skill irrelevant

I do want to win and increase and have already shown I can do that.

No, you haven't. All you've done is make excuses for why you DON'T have a good win rate and rating. If you want to win, you would play the matchups, and you would learn to solve disputes on your own instead of being babysat 24/7

Far from it, not everyone wants to be cooperative and prefers to wait for a judge to give confirmation on the ruling since the players can't fully confirm unless they show a reliable source. You really think it is easy actually play rated and know how it feels having to wait for a judge with none online then talk. You talk so much yet you don't even play rated.

Sound4

Post #284 by Sound4 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:52 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
The card you usually search off of Aluber is Branded Fusion, and the card you usually search off of Albion's graveyard effect is Branded in Red, but yes, if you already open up with Branded Fusion, you search out Branded Lost with Aluber.

Unlike Unchained, Branded Despia has a few hand traps that synergize with it, such as Despian Comedy and Tri-Brigade Mercourier. Also, Infinite Impermanence and Typhoon also seem to benefit as they serve as hand traps while also being usable against spells/traps, and on top of that, neither of them are hard once per turn, thus making them safer to draw multiple copies of than the hand traps that are hard once per turn.

Here's my up-to-date decklist.

https://yugiohdeck.github.io/#AAAABNxwoV4F3jdYAjuUXEUX3tlVhdK3uvbBQMlqF+cMFL7r2ltCwkjZJZVJ2QfO57WMkMEAaLwq+2hSBNhUybzm1U4qhKYWuQAV/JFNz6ZGs9Rlvp73jG9rKQ7eLUTKQRdUTeVSvflojjGZzA==;AAAABTrmiNCeAa0TspORWX4Cw0RMRDRNp8qGed6FaZaoHRh8gA==;AAAAAHuhvtBOm54PgQA1KEKDz3dGBTwCfcA=:Untitled

I've decided from now on to share these decks (that I used in rated) using https://yugiohdeck.github.io/ instead of https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=, because when I share decks using the latter method, then edit the deck later on, the URL will instead show the latest/updated version of the deck instead of what the deck was when I copied, pasted, and shared the link, but when I share decks using the latter method, the deck shown will always be the same even if I edit the deck in duelingbook itself later on.

I'm also liking sharing decks this way, instead of like before where I'd just link to a replay of the deck, because now you don't have to fast-forward to the end of any replay and wait for the replay to end to see me banish my entire deck just so you can view the cards I ran, and now, this time, you can also see the full extra and side decks.

For the side deck, I've decided at the moment to run 3 copies each of Gate Blocker and Meowseclick for the Mystic Mine matchup, 3 Zombie World for the Floowandereeze matchup, and 3 Appointer of the Red Lotus, 2 Solemn Judgment, and 1 Dimensional Barrier, all to replace my going-second cards with (Dark Ruler No More, Harpie's Feather Duster, etc) when I'm going first.

Retaliating C is is insane with unchained it literally beats every deck except floowandereeze and eldlich at times.

I haven't seen you use that card in your Unchained replays. Would you like to show us your current decklist using yugiohdeck.github.io?

I literally have no idea what "yugiohdeck.github.io" is. I am wasting my time on some website which I don't even what it is. Literally just click "export deck" and download link and copy it.
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=11112633
Replays of me usibg retaliating c
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=815175-40941759
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=815175-40881747
Keep in mind I only added this is in recently. Since the format is changing.

greg503

Post #285 by greg503 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:45 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I do want to win and increase and have already shown I can do that.

No, you haven't. All you've done is make excuses for why you DON'T have a good win rate and rating. If you want to win, you would play the matchups, and you would learn to solve disputes on your own instead of being babysat 24/7

Far from it, not everyone wants to be cooperative and prefers to wait for a judge to give confirmation on the ruling since the players can't fully confirm unless they show a reliable source. You really think it is easy actually play rated and know how it feels having to wait for a judge with none online then talk. You talk so much yet you don't even play rated.

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=38306-40945705
There were no judges online and I had no problems, seems like it's just a skill issue
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #286 by Renji Asuka » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:55 am

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:You see what I mean? Since you ignore context your takes are also bad.

When you LITERALLY ADMITTED you surrender most of your matches because of inconvenience. YOU'RE STILL BAD. Context doesn't matter.

I say I am forced to quit a good amount of my matches because there are no judges online. The fact that you said "context doesn't matter" already shows that you don't what you are talking about. Learn context first then talk. Since you clearly have not.

You're not "forced to quit a good amount of matches", YOU CHOSE TO.

You're bad because you can't resolve the issues yourself.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Christen57

Post #287 by Christen57 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:21 am

Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Retaliating C is is insane with unchained it literally beats every deck except floowandereeze and eldlich at times.

I haven't seen you use that card in your Unchained replays. Would you like to show us your current decklist using yugiohdeck.github.io?

I literally have no idea what "yugiohdeck.github.io" is. I am wasting my time on some website which I don't even what it is. Literally just click "export deck" and download link and copy it.
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=11112633

Yeah, but you could later on edit or delete this, and if you delete it, this link will say the deck no longer exists.
yugiohdeck.github.io allows you to permanently preserve the decklist so that even if you end up deleting or modifying your deck in the deck constructor, the decklist can still be seen as it was on yugiohdeck.github.io since seen as it was preserved.

In this case, all you have to go is copy the URL which, in this case, is that duelingbook.com/deck?id link you shared, go to https://yugiohdeck.github.io, and where it says "To get started... Paste a supported link" you paste the copied duelingbook.com/deck?id link.

In this case, the decklist gets sorted into this: https://yugiohdeck.github.io/#AAAAAB4BZobxHX9eMLRzPjWv1OVjxMgrSGzI9yc8QBuZokg+13qJxwxvm9mh35+y8W39Ncrt7MZr7w==;AAAABSFExIPw1UySQ6/n6nmUnB0WGsYt5vAi5AM=;AAAAAsWTWNoUgTbgxBR57ujBjvdm/A==:Unchained%203

and will stay the way it is even if you afterwards delete/modify the deck on your end.

itsmetristan

Post #288 by itsmetristan » Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:18 am

Sound4 wrote:
itsmetristan wrote:
Sound4 wrote:It is the same reason good despia decks don't play hand traps. You want to see branded fusion as much as possible as that is what starts your plays. Also they can easily search branded lost which makes so many handraps and negations in the game useless and with so many non targeting cards like mirrojade and chimera you can easily break an opponents board and setup. You can setup red and Mirrorjade with lost getting so many free draws and pops.

No.

1) Despia is far better at going second without the assistance of handtraps or equalizers than Unchained is. You have consistent access to Albaz, Chimera, Jade, etc. The amount of extenders the deck has access to that can lead to plays that crack boards is night and day compared to Unchained.
2) There is very little deck space available for tech slots, so you want to make it count. Super poly, for example, is one of the ones you play because it synergizes super well with the deck. Unchained doesn't have this issue.

Unchained lacks both of these, making not playing handtraps or equalizers in the main pointless.

You completely missed the point of how unchained works. If you are going 2nd you break the board (dark ruler, raigeki, kaijus etc post siding) and you start build up your own board putting the game into a simplified gamestate as that is when unchained is at its best. Yes Despia is better than Unchained never said it wasn't. I can play through despia boards at times but usually banishment is an issue with super poly.

I didn't miss the point. You were comparing Unchained not playing going second cards in the main to Despia not playing handtraps. I explained why that comparison doesn't work. I know how Unchained works. You have plenty of deck space, and your turn 2 isn't actually that great at breaking boards without assistance from generic equalizers such as Evenly, LS, etc. Or mass negation like Drnm or Droplet. You absolutely, 100% should be playing some of these in the main deck, especially once POTE comes out, because Splight and Tearalaments do not care about a single handtrap, meaning it's more effective to just main deck these cards in Unchained. This isn't something Despia can/would necessarily do though, for the reasons I shared in my last reply.

Opting to NOT main these just means you're going to more often than not lose every game one you go second in, unless it's against an equally bad or worse deck.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

Sound4

Post #289 by Sound4 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:37 pm

itsmetristan wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
itsmetristan wrote:
No.

I didn't miss the point. You were comparing Unchained not playing going second cards in the main to Despia not playing handtraps. I explained why that comparison doesn't work. I know how Unchained works. You have plenty of deck space, and your turn 2 isn't actually that great at breaking boards without assistance from generic equalizers such as Evenly, LS, etc. Or mass negation like Drnm or Droplet. You absolutely, 100% should be playing some of these in the main deck, especially once POTE comes out, because Splight and Tearalaments do not care about a single handtrap, meaning it's more effective to just main deck these cards in Unchained. This isn't something Despia can/would necessarily do though, for the reasons I shared in my last reply.

Opting to NOT main these just means you're going to more often than not lose every game one you go second in, unless it's against an equally bad or worse deck.

No I wasn't I was commenting on Christen57 list and why it is simply despia just playing going 2nd cards and explained later on why that isn't needed. I never once compared Unchained and despia. Also it is not the best to play DRNM because of anti spell though it is an amazing which I do side and droplet doesn't go well with unchained as the Deck has a huge issue with card advantage but yes I will be playing those cards in the main once POTE cones to TCG and Unchained will become a lot better once Labyrinth comes to TCG.

Sound4

Post #290 by Sound4 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:38 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:When you LITERALLY ADMITTED you surrender most of your matches because of inconvenience. YOU'RE STILL BAD. Context doesn't matter.

Yes I am forced since not everyone can wait 2+ hours for a judge....

Sound4

Post #291 by Sound4 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:40 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:No, you haven't. All you've done is make excuses for why you DON'T have a good win rate and rating. If you want to win, you would play the matchups, and you would learn to solve disputes on your own instead of being babysat 24/7

There were no judges online and I had no problems, seems like it's just a skill issue

So your singular replay is supposed to show me not resolving issues even though I clearly want to is a "skill issue". Plus you are at 100-200 rating a lot of people are very cooperative at that rating.

greg503

Post #292 by greg503 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:38 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Far from it, not everyone wants to be cooperative and prefers to wait for a judge to give confirmation on the ruling since the players can't fully confirm unless they show a reliable source. You really think it is easy actually play rated and know how it feels having to wait for a judge with none online then talk. You talk so much yet you don't even play rated.

So your singular replay is supposed to show me not resolving issues even though I clearly want to is a "skill issue". Plus you are at 100-200 rating a lot of people are very cooperative at that rating.

My opponent was above 300, and THEY'RE the one that did a "take-back" that I allowed because I knew I was going to win anyways. I simply don't see how you can be encountering so many "I need a judge" moments unless you're either getting the worst opponents, or you're being one of those worst opponents. Given your track record, I'm betting on the latter.
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #293 by Renji Asuka » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:59 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I say I am forced to quit a good amount of my matches because there are no judges online. The fact that you said "context doesn't matter" already shows that you don't what you are talking about. Learn context first then talk. Since you clearly have not.

Yes I am forced since not everyone can wait 2+ hours for a judge....

You're only proving Greg's point.

You don't have the skill or ability to resolve it yourself.

So again, you're a bad player.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Return to “Suggestions”