Competition on DB Rated

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Genexwrecker

Re: Competition on DB Rated

Post #21 by Genexwrecker » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:52 am

69-90 rating - has negative boosted their way to permanant beginner status
90-100 rating - lost first few games brand new to the site
100-200 rating - Has not played yet this format needs to learn how the new list works
200-300 rating - is practicing with their decks
300-400 rating - have found decks they like for the format and are trying to improve them
500-600 rating - still incompetent at meta play but fairs well against other rogue decks
600-700 rating - learning their deck sucks compared to the meta
700-800 rating - Has learned the side deck exists
800-900 rating - thinks mst negates
900-1000 rating - Has learned some core mechanics and is now learnining a meta deck
1000-1100 rating - Has learned the meta deck and has officially started the top player rating grind
1100-1200 rating - ego has set in from crushing the other decks that are bad match ups for that quick rating jump
1200 -1500 rating - plays against nothing but 1-2 decks and sweats every game
1500+ rating - Officially in the very top teir of players on duelingbook for the format but still thinks mst negates.

Here is a breakdown of differently ranked players from my experience of taking calls and watching games and from my own time in the rated pool. most i ever got to was 600
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

KTeknis

Post #22 by KTeknis » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:15 am

A little question: How many rating do we usually get on our first rated match? (When we're still 100/0)
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Christen57

Post #23 by Christen57 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:25 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:1100-1200 rating - ego has set in from crushing the other decks that are bad match ups for that quick rating jump
1200 -1500 rating - plays against nothing but 1-2 decks and sweats every game

Me in a nutshell. :D

Wek

Post #24 by Wek » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:28 pm

itsmetristan wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
itsmetristan wrote:There is absolutely nothing we can do for that. If you want to start facing better decks, you need to win more. What people play at what rating is out of our control.

How do I play more when I consistently run into boring decks? It doesn't give you the motivation to play. I find this weird as when I play on Nexus I run into way better decks consistently.

Nobody is forcing you to play on DB. If you don't want to play enough to rank up, don't expect to consistently face good decks. It's the same for any game with a ranking system. You can't expect to consistently see good players at the lower ranks.

Tbf, not every ranking system resets their ratings. DB has a bit of an extended fluff period rating climb wise you'd have to deal with every format. I think the reset each time gets a bit extreme.

I don't disagree with the idea you have to win your way up in general though.

Sound4

Post #25 by Sound4 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:30 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:I find it funny. You act as if Unchained is Rogue Tier...then proceed to make this thread....

I can't even...

Yet Unchained is Rogue. There is nothing suggesting that it isn't.

There's nothing suggesting Metaphys isn't rouge either then :lol:

Metaphys isn't bad they are just missing a few cards.

Sound4

Post #26 by Sound4 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:33 pm

itsmetristan wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
itsmetristan wrote:There is absolutely nothing we can do for that. If you want to start facing better decks, you need to win more. What people play at what rating is out of our control.

How do I play more when I consistently run into boring decks? It doesn't give you the motivation to play. I find this weird as when I play on Nexus I run into way better decks consistently.

Nobody is forcing you to play on DB. If you don't want to play enough to rank up, don't expect to consistently face good decks. It's the same for any game with a ranking system. You can't expect to consistently see good players at the lower ranks.

Hslf of your post wasn't what I was talking about. I am asking to get played against better competition it seems like to me you just get picked who you are up against on who gets linked up with you first. As in the Prank Kid player with over 1000 rating I beat with unchained I should have never played against him in the first place as he way higher rating. So there is an inconsistentcy in the rating pool.

Sound4

Post #27 by Sound4 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:34 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:I find it funny. You act as if Unchained is Rogue Tier...then proceed to make this thread....

I can't even...

Yet Unchained is Rogue. There is nothing suggesting that it isn't.

Unchained isn't rogue, it's trash tier lmao

By your own suggestion you wouldn't be allowed to play Unchained in Ranked lmao

You say you tested Unchained but you say it is bad. You need to understand the Deck correctly in order to play it correctly. Plus you need to have good ratios.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #28 by Lil Oldman » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:52 pm

Sound4 wrote:
itsmetristan wrote:
Sound4 wrote:How do I play more when I consistently run into boring decks? It doesn't give you the motivation to play. I find this weird as when I play on Nexus I run into way better decks consistently.

Hslf of your post wasn't what I was talking about. I am asking to get played against better competition it seems like to me you just get picked who you are up against on who gets linked up with you first. As in the Prank Kid player with over 1000 rating I beat with unchained I should have never played against him in the first place as he way higher rating. So there is an inconsistentcy in the rating pool.

Just climb ladder then. You are currently in bottom to mid ladder
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

greg503

Post #29 by greg503 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:45 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Yet Unchained is Rogue. There is nothing suggesting that it isn't.

There's nothing suggesting Metaphys isn't rouge either then :lol:

Then play it in a tournament
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #30 by Renji Asuka » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:36 am

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Yet Unchained is Rogue. There is nothing suggesting that it isn't.

Unchained isn't rogue, it's trash tier lmao

You say you tested Unchained but you say it is bad. You need to understand the Deck correctly in order to play it correctly. Plus you need to have good ratios.

Unchained is still trash bruh. Also you can try and polish shit, but it is still shit.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Sound4

Post #31 by Sound4 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:27 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Unchained isn't rogue, it's trash tier lmao

Unchained is still trash bruh. Also you can try and polish shit, but it is still shit.

Actually I have found the best Unchained deck which is consistent and it is really good.

Sound4

Post #32 by Sound4 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:28 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:There's nothing suggesting Metaphys isn't rouge either then :lol:

Then play it in a tournament

No thanks.

Sound4

Post #33 by Sound4 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:28 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
itsmetristan wrote:Nobody is forcing you to play on DB. If you don't want to play enough to rank up, don't expect to consistently face good decks. It's the same for any game with a ranking system. You can't expect to consistently see good players at the lower ranks.

It is not that simple.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #34 by Lil Oldman » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:03 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Hslf of your post wasn't what I was talking about. I am asking to get played against better competition it seems like to me you just get picked who you are up against on who gets linked up with you first. As in the Prank Kid player with over 1000 rating I beat with unchained I should have never played against him in the first place as he way higher rating. So there is an inconsistentcy in the rating pool.

It is not that simple.

Did you mean: "I am not good enough to climb ladder"?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

Genexwrecker

Post #35 by Genexwrecker » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:20 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Hslf of your post wasn't what I was talking about. I am asking to get played against better competition it seems like to me you just get picked who you are up against on who gets linked up with you first. As in the Prank Kid player with over 1000 rating I beat with unchained I should have never played against him in the first place as he way higher rating. So there is an inconsistentcy in the rating pool.

It is not that simple.

The only way to climb db ranked is to as the kids say "git guud"
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Renji Asuka

Post #36 by Renji Asuka » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:05 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:You say you tested Unchained but you say it is bad. You need to understand the Deck correctly in order to play it correctly. Plus you need to have good ratios.

Actually I have found the best Unchained deck which is consistent and it is really good.

Unchained and good doesn't belong in the same sentence.

Also you can't climb in ranked? Maybe you shouldn't be trying to climb with Unchained. Oh wait, didn't you say Unchained is "really good and consistent"? So which is it? Why aren't you a higher rank if the deck was "really good and consistent"?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Sound4

Post #37 by Sound4 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:17 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Unchained is still trash bruh. Also you can try and polish shit, but it is still shit.

Unchained and good doesn't belong in the same sentence.

Also you can't climb in ranked? Maybe you shouldn't be trying to climb with Unchained. Oh wait, didn't you say Unchained is "really good and consistent"? So which is it? Why aren't you a higher rank if the deck was "really good and consistent"?

Remember when I said that the DB shuffling system was not good? After that I changed my deck completely and didn't play on rated for a while to test out what goes well in the Deck and make it more consistent. Plus yes I can climb in ranked if I played against better deck as that is when I have the most fun. That duel against the Prank Kid ayer was really fun as he was playing a meta deck and we were competing.

Sound4

Post #38 by Sound4 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:18 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Just climb ladder then. You are currently in bottom to mid ladder

It is not that simple.

The only way to climb db ranked is to as the kids say "git guud"

I think I am pretty good I got to Diamond in Nexus with Unchained.

Sound4

Post #39 by Sound4 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:18 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Just climb ladder then. You are currently in bottom to mid ladder

It is not that simple.

No

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #40 by Lil Oldman » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:21 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
Sound4 wrote:It is not that simple.

No

Well clearly, you did.

Return to “Suggestions”