Competition on DB Rated

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Renji Asuka

Re: Competition on DB Rated

Post #261 by Renji Asuka » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:21 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Yet you fail to explain how my evidence works against me. You clearly have no more arguments.
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=815175-40439894
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=815175-40407305
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=815175-40344564
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=815175-40344266
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=815175-40322082
5 straight wins with Unchained vs literally tier 1 and above decks yet unchained is suppost to be "trash".

Which again, ANY DECK CAN BEAT ANY DECK. This argument explains why you win any games. This was already told to you multiple times.

Also if you were a good player, then why isn't your rating in the 1000+? Oh wait, it isn't.

In singles, you have a 28% win rate.

In Match, you have a 42% win rate.

Now tell me exactly how you are good let alone unchained?

Stats don't lie, you have a below 50% win rate.

If unchained WAS good, you'd have an above 50% win rate.

Your own evidence is anecdotal and cannot be considered.

So basically when you have no argument you say "any deck can beat any deck" in am attempt to discredit how good unchained is as you are in denial for no reason. Plus you lack context in terms ofy win rate. First do you seriously think that every single one if those game with unchained? Be seious here as now I think you are trolling. Also a lot of those duels I had to quit and leave because there was no judges online which I can't do anything about.

Math is my argument, and mathematically any deck can beat any deck every once in awhile. Math also discredits your argument of you being a good player let alone unchained being "good". How you lost is irrelevant. If you were a good player, you'd have a higher win rate. That is a fact.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503

Post #262 by greg503 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:59 pm

If you wanted a higher rating/win rate, you wouldn't quit just because there were no judges (in fact, given your history you should want there to be no judges, but that's another topic)
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #263 by Christen57 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:29 am

Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Plus would you mind showing us your decklist post banlist?

My current deck of choice for this current format/meta (fast-forward to the end of the replay to see the whole main deck since I banished it all at the end of the game): https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=58994-40421707

Extra deck consisted of copies of Albion, Brigrand, Chimera, Lubellion, Masquerade, Mirrorjade, and Sprind.

Had to abandon the Destroyer Phoenix Enforcer package since that package proved to be no longer worth running now that Verte got banned.

So basically you are just playing Branded Despia with going 2nd cards? Which they don't need.

Why don't they need going second cards? You're not always gonna get to go first, so in the duels where you end up going second, you need cards for that, no?

Debt

Post #264 by Debt » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:14 am

Renji Asuka wrote:Now tell me exactly how you are good let alone unchained?

Dunning-Kruger

Sound4

Post #265 by Sound4 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:06 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
My current deck of choice for this current format/meta (fast-forward to the end of the replay to see the whole main deck since I banished it all at the end of the game): https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=58994-40421707

Extra deck consisted of copies of Albion, Brigrand, Chimera, Lubellion, Masquerade, Mirrorjade, and Sprind.

Had to abandon the Destroyer Phoenix Enforcer package since that package proved to be no longer worth running now that Verte got banned.

So basically you are just playing Branded Despia with going 2nd cards? Which they don't need.

Why don't they need going second cards? You're not always gonna get to go first, so in the duels where you end up going second, you need cards for that, no?

It is the same reason good despia decks don't play hand traps. You want to see branded fusion as much as possible as that is what starts your plays. Also they can easily search branded lost which makes so many handraps and negations in the game useless and with so many non targeting cards like mirrojade and chimera you can easily break an opponents board and setup. You can setup red and Mirrorjade with lost getting so many free draws and pops.

Sound4

Post #266 by Sound4 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:08 pm

greg503 wrote:If you wanted a higher rating/win rate, you wouldn't quit just because there were no judges (in fact, given your history you should want there to be no judges, but that's another topic)

So you expect me to waste 2+hours of my time waiting for a judge? Yeah no thanks people have better things to do.

Sound4

Post #267 by Sound4 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:12 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Which again, ANY DECK CAN BEAT ANY DECK. This argument explains why you win any games. This was already told to you multiple times.

Also if you were a good player, then why isn't your rating in the 1000+? Oh wait, it isn't.

In singles, you have a 28% win rate.

In Match, you have a 42% win rate.

Now tell me exactly how you are good let alone unchained?

Stats don't lie, you have a below 50% win rate.

If unchained WAS good, you'd have an above 50% win rate.

Your own evidence is anecdotal and cannot be considered.

So basically when you have no argument you say "any deck can beat any deck" in am attempt to discredit how good unchained is as you are in denial for no reason. Plus you lack context in terms ofy win rate. First do you seriously think that every single one if those game with unchained? Be seious here as now I think you are trolling. Also a lot of those duels I had to quit and leave because there was no judges online which I can't do anything about.

Math is my argument, and mathematically any deck can beat any deck every once in awhile. Math also discredits your argument of you being a good player let alone unchained being "good". How you lost is irrelevant. If you were a good player, you'd have a higher win rate. That is a fact.

There is always context behind numbers and you disregarding that context therefore makes your "math argument" flawed. For example, in the sport of basketball a lot of people say that John Stockton is a top 30 player of all time because of his assist and steal totals. However this is clearly lacking context on how he got those numbers. He played in a system and played with a superstar which gave him easy assists. As if you look back through the games it was mostly John stockton just passing the ball too Karl Malone into the post on most possessions. Again context is needed when mentioning numbers.

greg503

Post #268 by greg503 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:56 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:If you wanted a higher rating/win rate, you wouldn't quit just because there were no judges (in fact, given your history you should want there to be no judges, but that's another topic)

So you expect me to waste 2+hours of my time waiting for a judge? Yeah no thanks people have better things to do.

So why would you start a game when no judges?
Buy Floowandereeze

greg503

Post #269 by greg503 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:57 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:So basically when you have no argument you say "any deck can beat any deck" in am attempt to discredit how good unchained is as you are in denial for no reason. Plus you lack context in terms ofy win rate. First do you seriously think that every single one if those game with unchained? Be seious here as now I think you are trolling. Also a lot of those duels I had to quit and leave because there was no judges online which I can't do anything about.

There is always context behind numbers and you disregarding that context therefore makes your "math argument" flawed. For example, in the sport of basketball a lot of people say that John Stockton is a top 30 player of all time because of his assist and steal totals. However this is clearly lacking context on how he got those numbers. He played in a system and played with a superstar which gave him easy assists. As if you look back through the games it was mostly John stockton just passing the ball too Karl Malone into the post on most possessions. Again context is needed when mentioning numbers.

The context is that you don't want to win and increase your rating, making your actual skill irrelevant
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #270 by Renji Asuka » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:39 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:So basically when you have no argument you say "any deck can beat any deck" in am attempt to discredit how good unchained is as you are in denial for no reason. Plus you lack context in terms ofy win rate. First do you seriously think that every single one if those game with unchained? Be seious here as now I think you are trolling. Also a lot of those duels I had to quit and leave because there was no judges online which I can't do anything about.

The context behind the number doesn't matter, you're still bad at the game.

Christen57

Post #271 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:14 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:So basically you are just playing Branded Despia with going 2nd cards? Which they don't need.

It is the same reason good despia decks don't play hand traps. You want to see branded fusion as much as possible as that is what starts your plays. Also they can easily search branded lost which makes so many handraps and negations in the game useless and with so many non targeting cards like mirrojade and chimera you can easily break an opponents board and setup. You can setup red and Mirrorjade with lost getting so many free draws and pops.

The card you usually search off of Aluber is Branded Fusion, and the card you usually search off of Albion's graveyard effect is Branded in Red, but yes, if you already open up with Branded Fusion, you search out Branded Lost with Aluber.

Unlike Unchained, Branded Despia has a few hand traps that synergize with it, such as Despian Comedy and Tri-Brigade Mercourier. Also, Infinite Impermanence and Typhoon also seem to benefit as they serve as hand traps while also being usable against spells/traps, and on top of that, neither of them are hard once per turn, thus making them safer to draw multiple copies of than the hand traps that are hard once per turn.

Here's my up-to-date decklist.

https://yugiohdeck.github.io/#AAAABNxwoV4F3jdYAjuUXEUX3tlVhdK3uvbBQMlqF+cMFL7r2ltCwkjZJZVJ2QfO57WMkMEAaLwq+2hSBNhUybzm1U4qhKYWuQAV/JFNz6ZGs9Rlvp73jG9rKQ7eLUTKQRdUTeVSvflojjGZzA==;AAAABTrmiNCeAa0TspORWX4Cw0RMRDRNp8qGed6FaZaoHRh8gA==;AAAAAHuhvtBOm54PgQA1KEKDz3dGBTwCfcA=:Untitled

I've decided from now on to share these decks (that I used in rated) using https://yugiohdeck.github.io/ instead of https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=, because when I share decks using the latter method, then edit the deck later on, the URL will instead show the latest/updated version of the deck instead of what the deck was when I copied, pasted, and shared the link, but when I share decks using the latter method, the deck shown will always be the same even if I edit the deck in duelingbook itself later on.

I'm also liking sharing decks this way, instead of like before where I'd just link to a replay of the deck, because now you don't have to fast-forward to the end of any replay and wait for the replay to end to see me banish my entire deck just so you can view the cards I ran, and now, this time, you can also see the full extra and side decks.

For the side deck, I've decided at the moment to run 3 copies each of Gate Blocker and Meowseclick for the Mystic Mine matchup, 3 Zombie World for the Floowandereeze matchup, and 3 Appointer of the Red Lotus, 2 Solemn Judgment, and 1 Dimensional Barrier, all to replace my going-second cards with (Dark Ruler No More, Harpie's Feather Duster, etc) when I'm going first.

Renji Asuka

Post #272 by Renji Asuka » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:49 pm

*hides my Despia Albaz Dark World deck* >_>

Sound4

Post #273 by Sound4 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:15 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

The card you usually search off of Aluber is Branded Fusion, and the card you usually search off of Albion's graveyard effect is Branded in Red, but yes, if you already open up with Branded Fusion, you search out Branded Lost with Aluber.

Unlike Unchained, Branded Despia has a few hand traps that synergize with it, such as Despian Comedy and Tri-Brigade Mercourier. Also, Infinite Impermanence and Typhoon also seem to benefit as they serve as hand traps while also being usable against spells/traps, and on top of that, neither of them are hard once per turn, thus making them safer to draw multiple copies of than the hand traps that are hard once per turn.

https://yugiohdeck.github.io/#AAAABNxwoV4F3jdYAjuUXEUX3tlVhdK3uvbBQMlqF+cMFL7r2ltCwkjZJZVJ2QfO57WMkMEAaLwq+2hSBNhUybzm1U4qhKYWuQAV/JFNz6ZGs9Rlvp73jG9rKQ7eLUTKQRdUTeVSvflojjGZzA==;AAAABTrmiNCeAa0TspORWX4Cw0RMRDRNp8qGed6FaZaoHRh8gA==;AAAAAHuhvtBOm54PgQA1KEKDz3dGBTwCfcA=:Untitled

I've decided from now on to share these decks (that I used in rated) using https://yugiohdeck.github.io/ instead of https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=, because when I share decks using the latter method, then edit the deck later on, the URL will instead show the latest/updated version of the deck instead of what the deck was when I copied, pasted, and shared the link, but when I share decks using the latter method, the deck shown will always be the same even if I edit the deck in duelingbook itself later on.

I'm also liking sharing decks this way, instead of like before where I'd just link to a replay of the deck, because now you don't have to fast-forward to the end of any replay and wait for the replay to end to see me banish my entire deck just so you can view the cards I ran, and now, this time, you can also see the full extra and side decks.

For the side deck, I've decided at the moment to run 3 copies each of Gate Blocker and Meowseclick for the Mystic Mine matchup, 3 Zombie World for the Floowandereeze matchup, and 3 Appointer of the Red Lotus, 2 Solemn Judgment, and 1 Dimensional Barrier, all to replace my going-second cards with (Dark Ruler No More, Harpie's Feather Duster, etc) when I'm going first.

Retaliating C is is insane with unchained it literally beats every deck except floowandereeze and eldlich at times.

Sound4

Post #274 by Sound4 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:15 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Math is my argument, and mathematically any deck can beat any deck every once in awhile. Math also discredits your argument of you being a good player let alone unchained being "good". How you lost is irrelevant. If you were a good player, you'd have a higher win rate. That is a fact.

You see what I mean? Since you ignore context your takes are also bad.

Sound4

Post #275 by Sound4 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:17 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Math is my argument, and mathematically any deck can beat any deck every once in awhile. Math also discredits your argument of you being a good player let alone unchained being "good". How you lost is irrelevant. If you were a good player, you'd have a higher win rate. That is a fact.

The context is that you don't want to win and increase your rating, making your actual skill irrelevant

I do want to win and increase and have already shown I can do that.

Sound4

Post #276 by Sound4 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:18 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:

So why would you start a game when no judges?

Judges are usually online at midnight in my times so I have no choice.

Christen57

Post #277 by Christen57 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:00 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:It is the same reason good despia decks don't play hand traps. You want to see branded fusion as much as possible as that is what starts your plays. Also they can easily search branded lost which makes so many handraps and negations in the game useless and with so many non targeting cards like mirrojade and chimera you can easily break an opponents board and setup. You can setup red and Mirrorjade with lost getting so many free draws and pops.

Retaliating C is is insane with unchained it literally beats every deck except floowandereeze and eldlich at times.

I haven't seen you use that card in your Unchained replays. Would you like to show us your current decklist using yugiohdeck.github.io?

greg503

Post #278 by greg503 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:34 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:There is always context behind numbers and you disregarding that context therefore makes your "math argument" flawed. For example, in the sport of basketball a lot of people say that John Stockton is a top 30 player of all time because of his assist and steal totals. However this is clearly lacking context on how he got those numbers. He played in a system and played with a superstar which gave him easy assists. As if you look back through the games it was mostly John stockton just passing the ball too Karl Malone into the post on most possessions. Again context is needed when mentioning numbers.

I do want to win and increase and have already shown I can do that.

No, you haven't. All you've done is make excuses for why you DON'T have a good win rate and rating. If you want to win, you would play the matchups, and you would learn to solve disputes on your own instead of being babysat 24/7
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #279 by Renji Asuka » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:14 am

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:There is always context behind numbers and you disregarding that context therefore makes your "math argument" flawed. For example, in the sport of basketball a lot of people say that John Stockton is a top 30 player of all time because of his assist and steal totals. However this is clearly lacking context on how he got those numbers. He played in a system and played with a superstar which gave him easy assists. As if you look back through the games it was mostly John stockton just passing the ball too Karl Malone into the post on most possessions. Again context is needed when mentioning numbers.

You see what I mean? Since you ignore context your takes are also bad.

When you LITERALLY ADMITTED you surrender most of your matches because of inconvenience. YOU'RE STILL BAD. Context doesn't matter.

A loss is still a fucking loss.

You're bad, you'll always be bad if you have a below 50% win rate.

itsmetristan

Post #280 by itsmetristan » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:46 am

Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:So basically you are just playing Branded Despia with going 2nd cards? Which they don't need.

No.

1) Despia is far better at going second without the assistance of handtraps or equalizers than Unchained is. You have consistent access to Albaz, Chimera, Jade, etc. The amount of extenders the deck has access to that can lead to plays that crack boards is night and day compared to Unchained.
2) There is very little deck space available for tech slots, so you want to make it count. Super poly, for example, is one of the ones you play because it synergizes super well with the deck. Unchained doesn't have this issue.

Unchained lacks both of these, making not playing handtraps or equalizers in the main pointless.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

Return to “Suggestions”