Delete Custom Cards Format for Good. (Formerly: Establish an Automatic Custom Card Review System)

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Lil Oldman
Mood:

Re: Delete Custom Cards Format for Good. (Formerly: Establish an Automatic Custom Card Review System)

Post #61 by Lil Oldman » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:48 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:This is my open letter to Xteven, Genexwrecker and other administrators:

I don't know what was going through your mind when you created the custom card format in DB, but troglyte, PENMASTER and I believe that the format has created more negativity than positivity in the game. We're seeing too many incidents time and again where people bring in broken cards that ruin the format for others, forcing people like me to make broken cards just to be able to survive that format or just lose. Attempts were made to balance the format by many others, to no avail. The majority of custom card servers never make it through the first few months for this very reason.

It's not just a small handful of people who ruin the custom card format for the rest of us anymore. Now, the toxicity has spread throughout, with more and more people creating broken custom cards to the point where custom card format can be renamed "broken card format." It's turned from a fair competition of fair and balanced games into "who can create the most ridiculous, broken card" contest. Attempts were made to convince these people to balance their cards; however, such reasoning only fell on deaf ears, with people arguing that "it's custom cards, I can do whatever I want."

Even for an unranked format, this is too much toxicity that the rest of us have to deal with. Nobody should have to deal with this toxicity in the game, and troglyte, PENMASTER and I believe that this has gone on for far too long.

On behalf of the rest of DB community that want this platform to thrive and survive as a healthier Yugioh website, I am strongly urging the admins, including Xteven, to strongly consider shutting down the custom card format and purging any and all custom cards that have been made thus far in the game. I understand that the custom card lovers will not want to see this happen; however, this is a recommendation that I am not making lightly. PENMASTER, troglyte, dzeeff, and many others all feel that it'll do more harm than good in terms of long-term logistics to try and keep custom cards format alive. We feel that it is best for the admins to focus their attention towards formats that are official, rather than try to create other formats that will only serve as places where people can spread toxicity and hate towards others.

The recent replay that I've posted above should serve as proof that toxic players ruining the custom cards for others has also soured my relationship with the custom card format. As much as I'd love to see the custom cards remain on the website, I must take the need of others' mental health and enjoyment of the game into consideration. Yugioh should be a game where people can have fun, and unfortunately, custom card format does not do any good to contribute to such cause. Please consider.

Thank you,
parhelia_0000

Lmao
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #62 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:54 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:This is my open letter to Xteven, Genexwrecker and other administrators:

I don't know what was going through your mind when you created the custom card format in DB, but troglyte, PENMASTER and I believe that the format has created more negativity than positivity in the game. We're seeing too many incidents time and again where people bring in broken cards that ruin the format for others, forcing people like me to make broken cards just to be able to survive that format or just lose. Attempts were made to balance the format by many others, to no avail. The majority of custom card servers never make it through the first few months for this very reason.

It's not just a small handful of people who ruin the custom card format for the rest of us anymore. Now, the toxicity has spread throughout, with more and more people creating broken custom cards to the point where custom card format can be renamed "broken card format." It's turned from a fair competition of fair and balanced games into "who can create the most ridiculous, broken card" contest. Attempts were made to convince these people to balance their cards; however, such reasoning only fell on deaf ears, with people arguing that "it's custom cards, I can do whatever I want."

Even for an unranked format, this is too much toxicity that the rest of us have to deal with. Nobody should have to deal with this toxicity in the game, and troglyte, PENMASTER and I believe that this has gone on for far too long.

On behalf of the rest of DB community that want this platform to thrive and survive as a healthier Yugioh website, I am strongly urging the admins, including Xteven, to strongly consider shutting down the custom card format and purging any and all custom cards that have been made thus far in the game. I understand that the custom card lovers will not want to see this happen; however, this is a recommendation that I am not making lightly. PENMASTER, troglyte, dzeeff, and many others all feel that it'll do more harm than good in terms of long-term logistics to try and keep custom cards format alive. We feel that it is best for the admins to focus their attention towards formats that are official, rather than try to create other formats that will only serve as places where people can spread toxicity and hate towards others.

The recent replay that I've posted above should serve as proof that toxic players ruining the custom cards for others has also soured my relationship with the custom card format. As much as I'd love to see the custom cards remain on the website, I must take the need of others' mental health and enjoyment of the game into consideration. Yugioh should be a game where people can have fun, and unfortunately, custom card format does not do any good to contribute to such cause. Please consider.

Thank you,
parhelia_0000

Lmao

The admins will be doing themselves a favor by deleting the custom cards format. No more having to deal with CrystalMusic in the custom card format, no more arguments about card balance, no more having to complain about players who use custom cards as an excuse to attack others, etc.

In the long-term logistics, it's better that the custom cards format be purged. By trying to keep the custom card format alive, you're fighting a losing battle where eventually, only the toxic players will reign supreme in that format ANYWAY. It's better off that we shut it down before things get further out of hand.

Wek

Post #63 by Wek » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:31 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:If you still don't believe that custom cards needs to be deleted, please watch this replay. This just proves that you cannot reason with people who refuse to learn. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-36059412

If this replay doesn't prove that custom cards needs to be shut down, I don't know what will. 'Cause as long as there's no one policing the custom card pool, we'll always have to dread of these toxic players who ruin the entire format for the rest of us. It's better off that we shut it down for good.

Yeah, that parhelia_0000 troll could be a problem. A monster that can summon itself, bring out something from deck, then something from extraeck, then draw a card, all at once? An equip with turn skipping capacities that is also a searcher? Very OP. Not sure why that other guy bothered to duel them, but hey, if two trolls want to mess around, whatever. :lol:

But hey, it's not as though this part is wrong. "This just proves that you cannot reason with people who refuse to learn." ;) Anyways, eventually this is going to be no better than the various Sound4 threads, so I guess squeeze whatever lulz you want to out of this before it gets too boring.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #64 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:33 pm

Wek wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:If you still don't believe that custom cards needs to be deleted, please watch this replay. This just proves that you cannot reason with people who refuse to learn. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-36059412

If this replay doesn't prove that custom cards needs to be shut down, I don't know what will. 'Cause as long as there's no one policing the custom card pool, we'll always have to dread of these toxic players who ruin the entire format for the rest of us. It's better off that we shut it down for good.

Yeah, that parhelia_0000 troll could be a problem. A monster that can summon itself, bring out something from deck, then something from extraeck, then draw a card, all at once? An equip with turn skipping capacities that is also a searcher? Very OP. Not sure why that other guy bothered to duel them, but hey, if two trolls want to mess around, whatever. :lol:

But hey, it's not as though this part is wrong. "This just proves that you cannot reason with people who refuse to learn." ;) Anyways, eventually this is going to be no better than the various Sound4 threads, so I guess squeeze whatever lulz you want to out of this before it gets too boring.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #65 by Lil Oldman » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:36 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:

Thank you,
parhelia_0000

Lmao

The admins will be doing themselves a favor by deleting the custom cards format. No more having to deal with CrystalMusic in the custom card format, no more arguments about card balance, no more having to complain about players who use custom cards as an excuse to attack others, etc.

In the long-term logistics, it's better that the custom cards format be purged. By trying to keep the custom card format alive, you're fighting a losing battle where eventually, only the toxic players will reign supreme in that format ANYWAY. It's better off that we shut it down before things get further out of hand.

All staff in dB and most users in general know that Customs isn't a healthy format. Fact is, it never was supposed to, nor is an actual format. The feature is a toy for people to mess around with, Genex even stated this themselves.

Saying "Oh, mods will get rid of annoying users like ___ or ___ or even ___ if they take out customs." is just stupid. Stupid users that break the rules should be dealt with, regardless of where they lurk. By that logic then just take down dB entirely, disregard all the people who enjoy or do good with the platform.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #66 by Lil Oldman » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:37 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Wek wrote:

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #67 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:39 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Lmao

All staff in dB and most users in general know that Customs isn't a healthy format. Fact is, it never was supposed to, nor is an actual format. The feature is a toy for people to mess around with, Genex even stated this themselves.

Saying "Oh, mods will get rid of annoying users like ___ or ___ or even ___ if they take out customs." is just stupid. Stupid users that break the rules should be dealt with, regardless of where they lurk. By that logic then just take down dB entirely, disregard all the people who enjoy or do good with the platform.

Perhaps Genex should've thought this through better. You need to understand that this toy is being used for malicious purposes in so many ways. 99% of the customs being broken or insta-win is already bad enough. We don't need that toxicity to linger about and ruin everyone else's enjoyment of DB this way. Either way, custom card format is gonna go down in flames anyway. It's better off that custom cards be shut down in our own terms to ensure that the toxicity is contained in some ways. At least it'll be better than doing nothing and allowing this toxicity to continue.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #68 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:43 pm

And in order to lead by example to prove a point, I will, effective immediately, be pulling all custom cards I've made out of DB. This means I'll be deleting all of the custom cards I've made thus far, just to prove to everyone that I'm not a hypocrite.

PENMASTER

Post #69 by PENMASTER » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:46 pm

ok so i see my joke post about deleting customs being used for stuff and I'm here to say customs just highlights a lot of bad bits of the community and just leave games with trolls unless you wanna fuck with them like what I do sometimes or just stay out of it customs is a joke we can all agree there no fixing them just ignore it and move on although if you really wanna have fun playing customs just play with close friends that you know arent stupid only real way to not run into most of those problems most of this format is self inflicted pain at least everyone else but a few people know this also when I make 1 joke post it doesn't mean people should just hop on and treat it like a real point and then quote me as a supporter an actual thing I think is customs should be moved to something you don't instantly see in the duel room like just switch it and traditional
love2hate

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #70 by Lil Oldman » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:46 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:The admins will be doing themselves a favor by deleting the custom cards format. No more having to deal with CrystalMusic in the custom card format, no more arguments about card balance, no more having to complain about players who use custom cards as an excuse to attack others, etc.

Perhaps Genex should've thought this through better. You need to understand that this toy is being used for malicious purposes in so many ways. 99% of the customs being broken or insta-win is already bad enough. We don't need that toxicity to linger about and ruin everyone else's enjoyment of DB this way. Either way, custom card format is gonna go down in flames anyway. It's better off that custom cards be shut down in our own terms to ensure that the toxicity is contained in some ways. At least it'll be better than doing nothing and allowing this toxicity to continue.

Honey, the thing went down in flames in day 1 and look at us, we are fine. Some users are enjoying the feature in their own way, what a greek tragedy, as long as they aren't hurting anyone, then they are allowed to have fun, you and your broken decks certainly did.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #71 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:52 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:All staff in dB and most users in general know that Customs isn't a healthy format. Fact is, it never was supposed to, nor is an actual format. The feature is a toy for people to mess around with, Genex even stated this themselves.

Honey, the thing went down in flames in day 1 and look at us, we are fine. Some users are enjoying the feature in their own way, what a greek tragedy, as long as they aren't hurting anyone, then they are allowed to have fun, you and your broken decks certainly did.

If you guys insist on keeping the custom card format alive, I want no part of it. I'll be deleting all of my custom cards in the coming days.

Enjoy the format while you can, 'cause nothing lasts forever.

PENMASTER

Post #72 by PENMASTER » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:57 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:Perhaps Genex should've thought this through better. You need to understand that this toy is being used for malicious purposes in so many ways. 99% of the customs being broken or insta-win is already bad enough. We don't need that toxicity to linger about and ruin everyone else's enjoyment of DB this way. Either way, custom card format is gonna go down in flames anyway. It's better off that custom cards be shut down in our own terms to ensure that the toxicity is contained in some ways. At least it'll be better than doing nothing and allowing this toxicity to continue.

If you guys insist on keeping the custom card format alive, I want no part of it. I'll be deleting all of my custom cards in the coming days.

Enjoy the format while you can, 'cause nothing lasts forever.

after like 4 pages of banter and 10-page posts you've finally found the answer
love2hate

Wek

Post #73 by Wek » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:05 pm

PENMASTER wrote: when I make 1 joke post it doesn't mean people should just hop on and treat it like a real point and then quote me as a supporter

Don't worry, parhelia_0000 is just one user. I wouldn't be too worried about what they think. :D Most of us know better than to take them seriously, so them dragging around names in their quotes isn't going to mess with much.

Wek

Post #74 by Wek » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:09 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:And in order to lead by example to prove a point, I will, effective immediately, be pulling all custom cards I've made out of DB. This means I'll be deleting all of the custom cards I've made thus far, just to prove to everyone that I'm not a hypocrite.

parhelia_0000 wrote:If you guys insist on keeping the custom card format alive, I want no part of it. I'll be deleting all of my custom cards in the coming days.

We went from "effective immediately" to "in the coming days" :o

Wonder if it'll be "in the coming weeks" next 8-)

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #75 by parhelia_0000 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:05 am

Wek wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:And in order to lead by example to prove a point, I will, effective immediately, be pulling all custom cards I've made out of DB. This means I'll be deleting all of the custom cards I've made thus far, just to prove to everyone that I'm not a hypocrite.

parhelia_0000 wrote:If you guys insist on keeping the custom card format alive, I want no part of it. I'll be deleting all of my custom cards in the coming days.

We went from "effective immediately" to "in the coming days" :o

Wonder if it'll be "in the coming weeks" next 8-)

And you were saying?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #76 by Lil Oldman » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:29 am

Wow

greg503

Post #77 by greg503 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:42 am

Thank you,
parhelia_0000

I don't know if these other people actually agree, we'll have to wait and (hopefully) see.
Buy Floowandereeze

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #78 by parhelia_0000 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:44 am

greg503 wrote:

Thank you,
parhelia_0000

I don't know if these other people actually agree, we'll have to wait and (hopefully) see.

It won't matter. I'm done with Yugioh at this point.

Wek

Post #79 by Wek » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:00 am

greg503 wrote:

I don't know if these other people actually agree, we'll have to wait and (hopefully) see.[/quote]

What do you mean (hopefully)? It's not like it matters either way, though Penmaster already commented that they had been making a joke.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #80 by Lil Oldman » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:01 am

welp, can't wait for an objetion.lol thing to come out from this mess.

Return to “Suggestions”