"Delete Account" feature OR at the very least, a "fake account" trace program.

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
parhelia_0000
Mood:

"Delete Account" feature OR at the very least, a "fake account" trace program.

Post #1 by parhelia_0000 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:09 am

Yep, the title says just that. I really wish I didn't have to make this thread; however, it has to be done because apparently people are falsely accusing me of making fake accounts to stalk others when I haven't done that. This all transpired because of how someone kept on not allowing me to have my End Phase effects during a custom card format tag duel, and even argued that turns should be 30 seconds or less when it's clear that this individual hasn't played any real-life YGO tournaments where turns can actually go longer than just 30 seconds.

Seriously, DuelingBook needs to have a fake account tracing program where emails associated with accounts are traced to the respective IP addresses. You'll see this kind of BS stop the moment people realize that their IP is gonna get flagged when they try to use multiple alt accounts on DuelingBook.

Now, regarding the Delete Account feature - I know people are gonna say "just log off and don't use the account, bro." However, just not using the account kinda feels like a "strings attached" situation where people can still attack you even IF you don't use the account itself. In fact, I've actually had to deal with another case outside of DB where people attacked my real-life social media accounts without me having to give them ANY information related to the social media accounts. This is a risk that I do not wish to take.

So yeah. I want this bullying to stop. I never made, and never will make, any fake accounts on DB. Admins are free to do an IP trace program on me if they want, 'cause I can prove to them right now that I've been defamed on DB. So my message to admins is this - either create an ongoing IP trace program that prevents fake accounts from joining in the first place, or please give us, the users, the ability to close our own accounts on our own accord, 'cause clearly, the game experience has soured due to defamation caused by one person who thinks that his way of playing Yugioh should be the only way.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:33 am

You realize that this is used, but only to make sure people don't ban evade. Alts are a part of any account-based online platform
Buy Floowandereeze

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #3 by parhelia_0000 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:35 am

greg503 wrote:You realize that this is used, but only to make sure people don't ban evade. Alts are a part of any account-based online platform

Yes; however, I feel like this function needs to be expanded to include ANY AND ALL alt accounts. I'm being falsely accused of making fake accounts to stalk someone when I never did make any fake accounts, and yet people are threatening to "expose" me on YouTube and even report me to the admins as well. This is seriously concerning where people are using forged evidence to try and get me banned, and as a result, my experience with DB is souring.

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:10 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:Yep, the title says just that.

Admins can already terminate accounts and check if any single user's IP address uses more than 1 account.

I really wish I didn't have to make this thread; however, it has to be done because apparently people are falsely accusing me of making fake accounts to stalk others when I haven't done that.

There's no such thing as "making fake accounts". Every account made is simply someone's main account or their alternate account.

This all transpired because of how someone kept on not allowing me to have my End Phase effects during a custom card format tag duel, and even argued that turns should be 30 seconds or less when it's clear that this individual hasn't played any real-life YGO tournaments where turns can actually go longer than just 30 seconds.

Who's making these accusations? I've seen so far no one except Rocket2 ever accuse you of being someone else.

Now, regarding the Delete Account feature - I know people are gonna say "just log off and don't use the account, bro." However, just not using the account kinda feels like a "strings attached" situation where people can still attack you even IF you don't use the account itself. In fact, I've actually had to deal with another case outside of DB where people attacked my real-life social media accounts without me having to give them ANY information related to the social media accounts. This is a risk that I do not wish to take.

It isn't in any way duelingbook's fault you're being harassed on a separate platform, and duelingbook doing what you're saying it should do here wouldn't in any way fix this problem. If you don't want people googling your username and finding accounts of yours with that same username on other social media platforms, simply avoid using that exact same username across duelingbook and other social media accounts.

So yeah. I want this bullying to stop. I never made, and never will make, any fake accounts on DB. Admins are free to do an IP trace program on me if they want, 'cause I can prove to them right now that I've been defamed on DB. So my message to admins is this - either create an ongoing IP trace program that prevents fake accounts from joining in the first place, or please give us, the users, the ability to close our own accounts on our own accord, 'cause clearly, the game experience has soured due to defamation caused by one person who thinks that his way of playing Yugioh should be the only way.

We can't yet say whether or not this was defamation because in order for a statement to legally be defamation, all of the following criteria must be met:

1. First, the "statement" can be spoken, written, pictured, or even gestured. Because written statements last longer than spoken statements, most courts, juries, and insurance companies consider libel more harmful than slander.
  2. "Published" means that a third party heard or saw the statement -- that is, someone other than the person who made the statement or the person the statement was about. "Published" doesn't necessarily mean that the statement was printed in a book -- it just needs to have been made public through social media, television, radio, speeches, gossip, or even loud conversation. Of course, it could also have been written in magazines, books, newspapers, leaflets, or on picket signs.
  3. A defamatory statement must be false -- otherwise it's not considered damaging. Even terribly mean or disparaging things are not defamatory if the shoe fits. Most opinions don't count as defamation because they can't be proved to be objectively false. For instance, when a reviewer says, "That was the worst book I've read all year," she's not defaming the author, because the statement can't be proven to be false.
  4. The statement must be "injurious." Since the whole point of defamation law is to take care of injuries to reputation, those suing for defamation must show how their reputations were hurt by the false statement -- for example, the person lost work; was shunned by neighbors, friends, or family members; or was harassed by the press. Someone who already had a terrible reputation most likely won't collect much in a defamation suit.

So far, none of these criteria have been met. We don't know what exactly the statement was, nor do we know where the statement was made, since you haven't yet showed us the replay/log where this statement was made, so the first criteria isn't met and the second criteria also isn't met since the defamatory statements weren't yet published anywhere we could see it.
As for the third criteria, while I would personally agree you aren't the kind of person to make alternate accounts or stalk anyone, just doing IP checks alone won't be enough to prove in court that you don't make alternate accounts since it can be argued that you used a VPN to mask your IP address before making said alternate account.
As for the fourth criteria, it isn't enough to simply say "people attacked my real-life social media accounts" or that "the game experience has soured" because of what this person said. You need to show that you suffered actual tangible damages from this specific statement this random person made on this random yugioh simulator in order to meet this last defamation criteria.

Source: https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/defamation-law-made-simple-29718.html

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:03 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:
greg503 wrote:You realize that this is used, but only to make sure people don't ban evade. Alts are a part of any account-based online platform

Yes; however, I feel like this function needs to be expanded to include ANY AND ALL alt accounts. I'm being falsely accused of making fake accounts to stalk someone when I never did make any fake accounts, and yet people are threatening to "expose" me on YouTube and even report me to the admins as well. This is seriously concerning where people are using forged evidence to try and get me banned, and as a result, my experience with DB is souring.

if they arent ur accounts and you are not stalking anybody then just ignore the people threatening to report you. They are just trolls and I assure you that from what I have seen of you and your accounts you have done none of what they claim if they report u its just gonna get dismissed.

as for accounts we do not delete your accounts nor plan to give you the option to delete accounts. Account deletion is absurdly rare to ever do and is usually the most extreme case possible.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #6 by parhelia_0000 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:32 pm

Christen57 wrote:Who's making these accusations? I've seen so far no one except Rocket2 ever accuse you of being someone else.

Do you happen to know Angelfeather? 'Cause he's been encouraging several other people to attack me with false accusations that I've been making fake/alt accounts to stalk on him.

Renji Asuka

Post #7 by Renji Asuka » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:55 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:Who's making these accusations? I've seen so far no one except Rocket2 ever accuse you of being someone else.

Do you happen to know Angelfeather? 'Cause he's been encouraging several other people to attack me with false accusations that I've been making fake/alt accounts to stalk on him.

So just block everyone that attacks you and move on.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Sound4

Post #8 by Sound4 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:19 pm

Ip Address tracking is only legal for B2B purposes. In the US IP addresses are considered personal data referring to individuals but when an IP belongs to a business, its considered public information. Doing a fake account or alt account trace program to their respective IP addresses is not. legal.https://www.leadforensics.com/tracking- ... -it-legal/

greg503

Post #9 by greg503 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:50 pm

Sound4 wrote:Ip Address tracking is only legal for B2B purposes. In the US IP addresses are considered personal data referring to individuals but when an IP belongs to a business, its considered public information. Doing a fake account or alt account trace program to their respective IP addresses is not. legal.https://www.leadforensics.com/tracking- ... -it-legal/

Good thing VPN Ip addresses belong to a business then...
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #10 by Sound4 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:57 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Ip Address tracking is only legal for B2B purposes. In the US IP addresses are considered personal data referring to individuals but when an IP belongs to a business, its considered public information. Doing a fake account or alt account trace program to their respective IP addresses is not. legal.https://www.leadforensics.com/tracking- ... -it-legal/

Good thing VPN Ip addresses belong to a business then...

Ok

Return to “Suggestions”