Edison ranked

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
l8rsk8rboi

Re: Edison ranked

Post #21 by l8rsk8rboi » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:21 pm

50 edison pods fired at YCS Pasadena this weekend, compared to 11 goat pods. Just tossing it out there.

Genexwrecker

Post #22 by Genexwrecker » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:58 am

l8rsk8rboi wrote:50 edison pods fired at YCS Pasadena this weekend, compared to 11 goat pods. Just tossing it out there.

We added edison tournaments in the rotation for our official events. Thats where this is staying atm. Edison ranked is currently still out of the question.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Christen57

Post #23 by Christen57 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:52 am

What are "pods"?

Tristan

Post #24 by Tristan » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:19 pm

greg503 wrote:
Tristan wrote:Since Edison format has had official tournament irl is there any more chance of a dedicated Edison section? If not why does Goat Format have one?

Because GOAT is THE retro format

Not according to Konami

greg503

Post #25 by greg503 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:33 am

Tristan wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Tristan wrote:Since Edison format has had official tournament irl is there any more chance of a dedicated Edison section? If not why does Goat Format have one?

Because GOAT is THE retro format

Not according to Konami

You mean the company that runs a 1 format game?
Buy Floowandereeze

PENMASTER

Post #26 by PENMASTER » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:01 am

greg503 wrote:
Tristan wrote:
greg503 wrote:Because GOAT is THE retro format

Not according to Konami

isnt it 2 format cause ocg and there's other officially supported formats but they support for them is scarce like speed duels
love2hate

greg503

Post #27 by greg503 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:56 am

PENMASTER wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Tristan wrote:Not according to Konami

isnt it 2 format cause ocg and there's other officially supported formats but they support for them is scarce like speed duels

TCG
OCG
Master Duel (aka OCG 2)
Speed Duels
Duel Links (yes it's different)
Rush Duels (which NEEDS an import Konami)
Last edited by greg503 on Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buy Floowandereeze

Spawn of the Devil
Mood:

Post #28 by Spawn of the Devil » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:20 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
l8rsk8rboi wrote:50 edison pods fired at YCS Pasadena this weekend, compared to 11 goat pods. Just tossing it out there.

We added edison tournaments in the rotation for our official events. Thats where this is staying atm. Edison ranked is currently still out of the question.

Why would you not add something that is clearly been asked for? Even if not ranked atm, could we at least get a dedicated Edison section? it would make for a larger presence for the format and would make it so much easier and convenient to find opponents. Its been talked about for a year, why not just do it?

Genexwrecker

Post #29 by Genexwrecker » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:49 pm

Spawn of the Devil wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

Why would you not add something that is clearly been asked for? Even if not ranked atm, could we at least get a dedicated Edison section? it would make for a larger presence for the format and would make it so much easier and convenient to find opponents. Its been talked about for a year, why not just do it?

It is not my choice to make. I just relay and catalogs the suggestions and their answers. More format sections are not being considered at the moment. Different format tournaments is our compromise.

SPA-ghetto pizza

Post #30 by SPA-ghetto pizza » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:53 am

KITTYTROUBLE WHY DID U FREEZE ME CLAIMING I DID SOMETHING ABOUT TRIPLE TACTICS TALENT WHEN I WAS ALREADY FROZEN FOR 3 DAYS IT COULDNT POSSIBLY BE ME.

FROZE ME FOR NO VALID REASON

Daniel Crouse

Post #31 by Daniel Crouse » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:42 am

Edison this past weekend had an official Konami event with almost 300 people, it's is now almost 3x the popularity of Goats, and is almost at the same amount of users as modern on DB.
Why the massive disrespect to Edison players from DB? Edison is by far the biggest retro format now and It's only going to grow more and more.
I personally know multiple people at my locals who refuse to support DB financially because DB won't support us. I personally would donate if they started to support us like we've supported them for years. The community even worked hard to meet the demands of the signatures for the petition and even after meeting those numbers DB still refuses to support the Edison community. At this point it's just blatant disrespect from DB.

Genexwrecker

Post #32 by Genexwrecker » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:33 pm

Daniel Crouse wrote:Edison this past weekend had an official Konami event with almost 300 people, it's is now almost 3x the popularity of Goats, and is almost at the same amount of users as modern on DB.
Why the massive disrespect to Edison players from DB? Edison is by far the biggest retro format now and It's only going to grow more and more.
I personally know multiple people at my locals who refuse to support DB financially because DB won't support us. I personally would donate if they started to support us like we've supported them for years. The community even worked hard to meet the demands of the signatures for the petition and even after meeting those numbers DB still refuses to support the Edison community. At this point it's just blatant disrespect from DB.

Its the other way around. The players are not supporting and representing edison on duelingbook. The edison community talks a big game but just dont log into duelingbook. A ranked ladder requires a large player base to function. We currently only have a thousand people online at a given time and just barely enough of those people play ranked tcg matches for the pool to function. Fact is there is simply not enough player demand and support to create a functional edison ranked pool.

Genexwrecker

Post #33 by Genexwrecker » Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:02 pm

Not to mention I gave an edison poll to over 1000 active users and less than 50 bothered to vote

Sound4

Post #34 by Sound4 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:24 pm

Daniel Crouse wrote:Edison this past weekend had an official Konami event with almost 300 people, it's is now almost 3x the popularity of Goats, and is almost at the same amount of users as modern on DB.

I couldn't agree more. DB has no respect for its players.

Sound4

Post #35 by Sound4 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:27 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:

Its the other way around. The players are not supporting and representing edison on duelingbook. The edison community talks a big game but just dont log into duelingbook. A ranked ladder requires a large player base to function. We currently only have a thousand people online at a given time and just barely enough of those people play ranked tcg matches for the pool to function. Fact is there is simply not enough player demand and support to create a functional edison ranked pool.

I reply to private messages that YOU judges send me and ask questions and you judges and admins don't even bother responding? That is a different level of disrespect. No wonder not any donate to DB.

Sound4

Post #36 by Sound4 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:27 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:Not to mention I gave an edison poll to over 1000 active users and less than 50 bothered to vote

on which platform?

Genexwrecker

Post #37 by Genexwrecker » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:38 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

I reply to private messages that YOU judges send me and ask questions and you judges and admins don't even bother responding? That is a different level of disrespect. No wonder not any donate to DB.

You sent me messages on a matter that was already explained and done with and where you were directly told there was no further appeal. Im not going to respond to such messages on a matter I politely closed for you. Not answering all the messages I get is not disrespectful.

Daniel Crouse

Post #38 by Daniel Crouse » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:47 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:

You know this is false. You can go on DB right now and see more Edison players than Goat players by over double. (At this exact moment there's 96 people playing Edison compared to 42 on Goats and 108 Modern.) Every major online event is hosted on DB for Edison so I'm failing to understand what you mean by us not supporting DB. There isn't another website Edison players are using at this moment The user base is massive and it's growing exponentially. It's extremely clear that you and those who run DB have a personal bias vs Edison players because you've run out of excuses to throw at us.
So you're upset that Edison players aren't (more) active? Well, maybe support them with a ladder and they will be. Think about it. Why would you be active on a site that doesn't even entertain the idea of supporting a ladder for you?
Also, what are you talking about with the petition? Y'all asked for 1000 signatures and the petition got almost 4K. https://www.change.org/p/duelingbook-com-edison-section-for-duelingbook-com?recruiter=1165241862&recruited_by_id=en1d3700-2c04-11eb-b9c5-49ce2801b809&utm_source=share_petition&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_content=cl_sharecopy_30530672_en-EN%3A5 You wanted signatures, you got them.

Renji Asuka

Post #39 by Renji Asuka » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:57 pm

Daniel Crouse wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

You know this is false. You can go on DB right now and see more Edison players than Goat players by over double. (At this exact moment there's 96 people playing Edison compared to 42 on Goats and 108 Modern.) Every major online event is hosted on DB for Edison so I'm failing to understand what you mean by us not supporting DB. There isn't another website Edison players are using at this moment The user base is massive and it's growing exponentially. It's extremely clear that you and those who run DB have a personal bias vs Edison players because you've run out of excuses to throw at us.
So you're upset that Edison players aren't (more) active? Well, maybe support them with a ladder and they will be. Think about it. Why would you be active on a site that doesn't even entertain the idea of supporting a ladder for you?
Also, what are you talking about with the petition? Y'all asked for 1000 signatures and the petition got almost 4K. https://www.change.org/p/duelingbook-com-edison-section-for-duelingbook-com?recruiter=1165241862&recruited_by_id=en1d3700-2c04-11eb-b9c5-49ce2801b809&utm_source=share_petition&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_content=cl_sharecopy_30530672_en-EN%3A5 You wanted signatures, you got them.

YGO Omega has edison format, so this idea there is no other place to play it is a lie.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Daniel Crouse

Post #40 by Daniel Crouse » Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:47 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Daniel Crouse wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Its the other way around. The players are not supporting and representing edison on duelingbook. The edison community talks a big game but just dont log into duelingbook. A ranked ladder requires a large player base to function. We currently only have a thousand people online at a given time and just barely enough of those people play ranked tcg matches for the pool to function. Fact is there is simply not enough player demand and support to create a functional edison ranked pool.

YGO Omega has edison format, so this idea there is no other place to play it is a lie.

It's not a lie when something isn't well known and established. I've never even heard of YGO Omega and I'm sure many others who play Edison haven't either. Most of us are older players who once played on DN and came back to yugioh specifically for Edison.
But if what you're saying is true and they are actually supporting Edison then we should support them and I'll reach out to the organizers of RBET and other massive Edison events and see if this is a viable option to replace DB.

Return to “Suggestions”