Admins turning a blind eye to toxic players in the community.

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Ryotto

Admins turning a blind eye to toxic players in the community.

Post #1 by Ryotto » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:00 pm

I don't know where else to vent, and I was redirected to the forums by several players.
Recently I've come across many players who give off the aura of nothing more than "I want to ruin your day"
One guy in particular is named ChaosDarknessDragon.

Here's the most recent PM log that I received from him.
https://imgur.com/3FUXoAr

I've reported him twice now, on two separate occasions and I've gotten no response, and saw no action being taken.

Is this the kind of community that DB wants to support and grow?

sk Ruler

Post #2 by sk Ruler » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:45 am

yes this is the type of behavior we support and intent to grow

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:59 am

There will always be idiots, troll, and arrogant motherf**kers on any internet forum. Simply report em, and then ignore em.

Although, I have doubts that this "offender" will get banned because 1) The First Amendment of the United States grants people the right to free speech, so he is entitled to say whatever he wants and get away with it, and 2) I do not really think he is trying to be malicious in anyway. He may just be calling you out for something wrong.

Twisted Soul

Post #4 by Twisted Soul » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:35 am

That's not even serious dude just block them thats why there is a block feature.
Until we meet again.

Hyde

Post #5 by Hyde » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:47 am

Not everyone needs to be banned cause of things they say. I mean sure, it gets annoying that people can PM you and harrass you but that is why there is a BLOCK button. If you don't know how this works, just type their name into the online users list as if you would PM them and instead of opening the chat select block user from the list of options. This will not work if you were the last one to send them a message though. If they aren't online then go to view profile and type their username in there and click the blue BLOCK option. easy. Once blocked they can't enter your duels or see any of your messages. They can't leave comments on your profile or even see any status you post. BLOCK does not work for rated though. If you enter the rated pool and see that they are your opponent there is nothing for you to do except play or quit. My advice is if you don't like em, block em. Will save you more headaches then waiting for a ban.

Shaodow2893

Post #6 by Shaodow2893 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:20 pm

ban chaos and dragonic

tjarkvos

Post #7 by tjarkvos » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:32 pm

I also feel like some people should be punished, maybe even banned. If I recall correctly i have reported 3 or 4 people. I only saw one of them was frozen for a little time but i dont know if that is because of me or someone else. I did not get a response on the forum.
One of the people I reported was just calling me lots of names and telling me i should die of cancer. All of that was completely unprovoked. This is the only person who got frozen for a week or 2. I assume he did the same thing to other people.
Another guy who I reported was intentionally cheating and i had solid proof. I have dueled him multiple times now. Luckily he only cheated against me that one time but I have no idea why nothing happened to him.
The last guy I reported was wasting more than 3 hours in 1 match. I reported him yesterday but I am afraid nothing will happen in this case either.

I think people will leave db if toxic players like these are allowed to do whatever they want.

Silverdude

Post #8 by Silverdude » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:17 pm

bruh AFk players are the worst.

Silverdude

Post #9 by Silverdude » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:26 pm

https://imgur.com/GpvNR5M like what is this

NoahC92
Mood:

Post #10 by NoahC92 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:33 pm

Silverdude wrote:https://imgur.com/GpvNR5M like what is this

Handled
RC-1, PC-1, & DC-1 certified KDE judge
DN Admin 2/14/16 until shutdown
DB Judge since 6/12/17

NoahC92
Mood:

Post #11 by NoahC92 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:44 pm

I understand that there is a lot of frustration for the userbase over things like this and there is not much transparency between the staff and the users that are upset. I'll try to clear some of that up.

The first thing that users need to understand is that rules here on DB are much looser and tolerant than the rules on DN were. There are multiple reasons for this so I'll do my best to explain. On Dueling Network, there was really nothing a user could do about being harassed other than reporting the harassment to staff and waiting for the harasser to be banned. On Duelingbook, you have the option to block someone that is bothering you. We have given you some control over situations like this. It is because of this that we tend to be so lenient on harassment issues. Does it feel good to be harassed and made fun of? Absolutely not. However, we give you the block option so that you do not have to have communication with someone you don't want to. We don't just start handing out bans over things like this because we've given you some power over what you have to tolerate on the site. There's another facet to this whole thing too. Dueling Network was very strict about words they deemed to be offensive and harassing. On Duelingbook, we understand that there are certain aspects to playing games online that are just inherent to the medium. Being called a "faggot" or a "retard" or other similar terms, again, while not nice, is just par for the course in an online form. Just because you take offense to something does not mean it is something we deem to be so offensive that action needs taken against the user.

The thing that the staff has not done a good enough job of is conveying that last point to the userbase. It's not that we are turning a blind eye to your problems. Things you find problematic are not things that we have deemed problematic.
DB Judge since 6/12/17

{DaRk_KinGs}Maverick

Post #12 by {DaRk_KinGs}Maverick » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:37 am

That's a well put statement thanks for clearing that up Noah
Can i just add not entirely the same, but i run a clan and on our website we feature a "banlist" that is there to "expose" if you like any obvious trolls etc, I know a few clans do this so if your looking for better community that might be an option.

tjarkvos

Post #13 by tjarkvos » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:16 pm

I understand you are lenient with rude people and im totally cool with that. However I do think the people who are intentionally cheating should be punished. These are 2 examples of players who can not be ignored in my opinion.
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=19765-4049316 He cheated when there was no judge and left as soon as a judge came online.
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=19765-5302678 He constantly started ruling arguments in which he was wrong and wasted hours waiting for a judge when there was none.
I am not 100% sure my opponent from the second replay was cheating intentionally but what he was doing was ridiculously toxic.

NoahC92
Mood:

Post #14 by NoahC92 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:06 am

This thread is not the appropiate place to discuss and review individual cases. You are aware we have an abuse report system in place here on the forums right? When something like this happens and there is no judge on to handle it, you could help us help you by taking a minute to submit an abuse report.
DB Judge since 6/12/17

Shaodow2893

Post #15 by Shaodow2893 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:35 pm

ChaosDarknessDragon changed his password to dragonic darkness entity even if he is blocked he can still troll by hosting a bad note on advanced

Return to “Suggestions”