Physical card collection database

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Latrow

Physical card collection database

Post #1 by Latrow » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:57 pm

Hi,

Today I was going through my cards. Even tho it's not a big collection, it's getting hard to manage them all. An idea of working on an excel came to my mind, but that seems like a lot of work (even tho I will most likely end up doing it). So I thought about the possibility of having this in duelingbook, and how comfortable would that be.
Initial idea is to just add the card names + number of copies + rarity, but prolly could also have more fancy stuff, like exporting to .xls or other formats.

I'm probably not the first to ask but, do you plan on adding that in the future?
I would use it a lot.

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:30 am

No
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:46 pm

What exactly are you asking for? You're asking for an option to import a specific deck you have as a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet file?

Renji Asuka

Post #4 by Renji Asuka » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:10 pm

Christen57 wrote:What exactly are you asking for? You're asking for an option to import a specific deck you have as a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet file?

They want to be able to create a list of cards they have on Dueling Book then be able to export it into a xml file.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:19 pm

I think he means just a giant decklist representing his entire collection
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #6 by Christen57 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:26 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:What exactly are you asking for? You're asking for an option to import a specific deck you have as a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet file?

They want to be able to create a list of cards they have on Dueling Book then be able to export it into a xml file.

greg503 wrote:I think he means just a giant decklist representing his entire collection

Can't you already do that without implementing anything else into duelingbook? If you want to take a deck and put all the cards in it into an Excel spreadsheet, you can just open up Microsoft Excel and enter the name of each card in it, one by one.

greg503

Post #7 by greg503 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:37 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

greg503 wrote:I think he means just a giant decklist representing his entire collection

Can't you already do that without implementing anything else into duelingbook? If you want to take a deck and put all the cards in it into an Excel spreadsheet, you can just open up Microsoft Excel and enter the name of each card in it, one by one.

Yes, but they want to use the DB interface and search, because they're lazy
Buy Floowandereeze

ICannotPlayYu-Gi-Oh!

Post #8 by ICannotPlayYu-Gi-Oh! » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:53 pm

It is not feasible whatsoever for DB to keep track of the cards you have IRL. You'd be best off by just making the Excel Sheet.

Latrow

Post #9 by Latrow » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:38 pm

Some of you guys need to calm down. It was a suggestion. As i said i will prolly just do a fking excel and thats it.
Also ty for the ones who answered nicely.
I see now that is not feasible as prior said to save it on their database. Still think that there could be a way tho

Genexwrecker

Post #10 by Genexwrecker » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:16 pm

Latrow wrote:Some of you guys need to calm down. It was a suggestion. As i said i will prolly just do a fking excel and thats it.
Also ty for the ones who answered nicely.
I see now that is not feasible as prior said to save it on their database. Still think that there could be a way tho

Yea the responses after me “the mod” said no were harsh and uneeded. The feature simply isnt going to happen as we struggle go just keep more decks organized in the deck constructor and even now we still have issues with users decks disappearing if they make too many. It just isnt something we are prepared to handle and even consider. Optimizing the constructor feature comes first.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Return to “Suggestions”