New more judge

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Sound4

Re: New more judge

Post #41 by Sound4 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:02 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Wrong, you do, and should read the rulebook before you even start playing.

Not everyone reads the rulebook as it may be to long so they play a duel ad start learning the rules and how to play.

And they get set to beginner on here

You do know this can be irl as well right?

Renji Asuka

Post #42 by Renji Asuka » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:58 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Not everyone reads the rulebook as it may be to long so they play a duel ad start learning the rules and how to play.

You're literally the reason why warning labels and instructions exist, because your stupidity knows no bounds.

I don't think you get the point.
OBJECTION!

No, you didn't get the point. How can you play a game you have no idea what the rules are?

Its just like you trying to cook a recipe that is stated on the box and you choose to not to read how your oven works so you just press all the buttons and hope for the best.

Do not enter a game (any game) without reading the rules. This is a fundamental. Otherwise, how else are you supposed to know how a game works?

Why would you play Magic the Gathering without reading a rulebook if you never played before?

Why would you play the Pokemon TCG without reading a rulebook if you never played before?

You end up disrupting the flow of a game because you refused to put in time into the game to know its rules.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Wek

Post #43 by Wek » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:09 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Not everyone reads the rulebook as it may be to long so they play a duel ad start learning the rules and how to play.

Ans that is just bad choice making. Do you not read the traffic laws or rules of the road before driving a car?

This example isn't a good one. Traffic laws are a lot more difficult and complex which you will obviously need to read the ryles in order to understand. And besides my point can still apply here were you can still learn traffic laws and rules the more you observe and experience those things. Traffic laws are a lot more extreme and nothing compared to just a game like yugioh.

If you actually knew the rules to this game, you would not be so sure about that. :twisted: :P

Genexwrecker

Post #44 by Genexwrecker » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:23 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

Ans that is just bad choice making. Do you not read the traffic laws or rules of the road before driving a car?

This example isn't a good one. Traffic laws are a lot more difficult and complex which you will obviously need to read the ryles in order to understand. And besides my point can still apply here were you can still learn traffic laws and rules the more you observe and experience those things. Traffic laws are a lot more extreme and nothing compared to just a game like yugioh.

It is a very real example. lets break down this silly response if the example is so bad.

Traffic laws are a lot more difficult and complex which you will obviously need to read the ryles in order to understand.
^So are the rules and guidelines and penalties of most games you play especially online games or videogames.

And besides my point can still apply here were you can still learn traffic laws and rules the more you observe and experience those things.
^You will never be able to get a drivers permit or license if you dont read the laws or rules of the road that simply isnt how it works. not only that you will never keep the license even if you do manage to aquire it cause you know none of the laws just by watching people drive and will break them.

Traffic laws are a lot more extreme and nothing compared to just a game like yugioh
^It is not extreme the traffic laws are very complex and you need a basic understanding of them to be able to drive a car or any motor vehicle. Same applies to most videogames and card games you need to know and have a basic undertanding of how it works or you will incurr penalties and possible removal of your license of participation at events.

The example I gave is a very perfect comparison and is very simple logic that you can apply to anything you wish to do. If you go through life without knowing basic rules ur not going to get very far. You need to read the rules and laws you need to follow for things irl and online it is just that simple. If this is not something you can accept then I advise not using the internet you will just get yourself into trouble.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

greg503

Post #45 by greg503 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:47 pm

Sound4 wrote:Traffic laws are a lot more difficult and complex which you will obviously need to read the ryles in order to understand. And besides my point can still apply here were you can still learn traffic laws and rules the more you observe and experience those things. Traffic laws are a lot more extreme and nothing compared to just a game like yugioh.

Then tell me how the game determines which trigger effects trigger first.
Buy Floowandereeze

TheRoyalAu
Mood:

Post #46 by TheRoyalAu » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:27 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Ans that is just bad choice making. Do you not read the traffic laws or rules of the road before driving a car?

It is a very real example. lets break down this silly response if the example is so bad.

Traffic laws are a lot more difficult and complex which you will obviously need to read the ryles in order to understand.
^So are the rules and guidelines and penalties of most games you play especially online games or videogames.

And besides my point can still apply here were you can still learn traffic laws and rules the more you observe and experience those things.
^You will never be able to get a drivers permit or license if you dont read the laws or rules of the road that simply isnt how it works. not only that you will never keep the license even if you do manage to aquire it cause you know none of the laws just by watching people drive and will break them.

Traffic laws are a lot more extreme and nothing compared to just a game like yugioh
^It is not extreme the traffic laws are very complex and you need a basic understanding of them to be able to drive a car or any motor vehicle. Same applies to most videogames and card games you need to know and have a basic undertanding of how it works or you will incurr penalties and possible removal of your license of participation at events.

The example I gave is a very perfect comparison and is very simple logic that you can apply to anything you wish to do. If you go through life without knowing basic rules ur not going to get very far. You need to read the rules and laws you need to follow for things irl and online it is just that simple. If this is not something you can accept then I advise not using the internet you will just get yourself into trouble.

I couldn't agree more with this.

I have had my South Australia Learner's Permit for 8 year's and still haven't progressed to my P's, but I have a fundamental understanding of the road rules.

Still, what does the Traffic Law have anything to do with Yu-Gi-Oh! Sound4?

It doesn't as Yu-Gi-Oh! is way different, and if you refuse to learn the basic fundamental's of gameplay, you will lose all the time due to the amount of penalties you'll incur.

So I highly recommend that you learn the rulebook of Yu-Gi-Oh! before you play a single card in the future.

Genex, I recommend a beginner status for Sound4, but that is at your discretion.
RC-1 Approved (04/22/2021).
Official Konami Judge and DC - 1 Approved (05/17/2021).

TheRoyalAu
Mood:

Post #47 by TheRoyalAu » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:29 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Traffic laws are a lot more difficult and complex which you will obviously need to read the ryles in order to understand. And besides my point can still apply here were you can still learn traffic laws and rules the more you observe and experience those things. Traffic laws are a lot more extreme and nothing compared to just a game like yugioh.

First trigger effect in the chain, but if more trigger effects have been activated, resolve the chain backwards as always.
RC-1 Approved (04/22/2021).
Official Konami Judge and DC - 1 Approved (05/17/2021).

greg503

Post #48 by greg503 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:43 pm

TheRoyalAu wrote:
greg503 wrote:

First trigger effect in the chain, but if more trigger effects have been activated, resolve the chain backwards as always.

I meant the general order, which can be described as 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4, replacing 1 through 4 with traits about the trigger and who owns it.
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #49 by Sound4 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:56 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Ans that is just bad choice making. Do you not read the traffic laws or rules of the road before driving a car?

Are you even readimg what I am saying? When have I ever said I don't read rules in order to do a certain thing?
You don't get the point here. You learn basic rules while you go through school that is why when you apply for a drivers licence they expect you to know the basics as you should have already learnt it. I never said watching I mean observing.
https://medium.com/design-mind/observe- ... 30cdaeb76a
Here is a link on how observing will be able to help you out with many things in life. I don't think you really get the point here. You said 90% of people have proven to you that they didn't read the rulebook and passed RC-1. I replied saying that just because they didn't read the rulebook doesn't mean they know nothing of yugioh you learn more and more of the game the more you play. It is literally said that you need a basic knowledge of the rules which most people do have.

Sound4

Post #50 by Sound4 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:08 pm

TheRoyalAu wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:This example isn't a good one. Traffic laws are a lot more difficult and complex which you will obviously need to read the ryles in order to understand. And besides my point can still apply here were you can still learn traffic laws and rules the more you observe and experience those things. Traffic laws are a lot more extreme and nothing compared to just a game like yugioh.

I have had my South Australia Learner's Permit for 8 year's and still haven't progressed to my P's, but I have a fundamental understanding of the road rules.

It doesn't as Yu-Gi-Oh! is way different, and if you refuse to learn the basic fundamental's of gameplay, you will lose all the time due to the amount of penalties you'll incur.

So I highly recommend that you learn the rulebook of Yu-Gi-Oh! before you play a single card in the future.

Genex, I recommend a beginner status for Sound4, but that is at your discretion.

Is this a joke or are you doing this on purpose? Have you even read a single thing I said? I literally just said earlier that you can learn yugioh irl as well or you can watch tutorials and observe. You missed the entire point of my post and didn't read. For example, "So I highly recommend that you learn the rulebook of Yu-Gi-Oh! before you play a single card in the future." You are acting like I have not read the rulebook and just went on played yugioh with knowing fundamentals. This basically proves you have not read a single thing I said. Also if you have previous threads then you will know I always use yugioh wiki or the official rulebook when it comes to yugioh to confirm or prove something.

Sound4

Post #51 by Sound4 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:09 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You're literally the reason why warning labels and instructions exist, because your stupidity knows no bounds.

I don't think you get the point.
OBJECTION!

No, you didn't get the point. How can you play a game you have no idea what the rules are?

Its just like you trying to cook a recipe that is stated on the box and you choose to not to read how your oven works so you just press all the buttons and hope for the best.

Do not enter a game (any game) without reading the rules. This is a fundamental. Otherwise, how else are you supposed to know how a game works?

Why would you play Magic the Gathering without reading a rulebook if you never played before?

Why would you play the Pokemon TCG without reading a rulebook if you never played before?

You end up disrupting the flow of a game because you refused to put in time into the game to know its rules.

Read my replies to Genexwrecker and TheRoyalAU I have alread answered this. Read properly please.

greg503

Post #52 by greg503 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:44 pm

Sound4 wrote:
TheRoyalAu wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:It is a very real example. lets break down this silly response if the example is so bad.

Is this a joke or are you doing this on purpose? Have you even read a single thing I said? I literally just said earlier that you can learn yugioh irl as well or you can watch tutorials and observe. You missed the entire point of my post and didn't read. For example, "So I highly recommend that you learn the rulebook of Yu-Gi-Oh! before you play a single card in the future." You are acting like I have not read the rulebook and just went on played yugioh with knowing fundamentals. This basically proves you have not read a single thing I said. Also if you have previous threads then you will know I always use yugioh wiki or the official rulebook when it comes to yugioh to confirm or prove something.

Secondhand knowledge may be enough to judge locals as an RC-1, but DB rated asks for judges that know the rules inside and out, and reading the rulebook is a massive part of that.
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #53 by Genexwrecker » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:12 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:This example isn't a good one. Traffic laws are a lot more difficult and complex which you will obviously need to read the ryles in order to understand. And besides my point can still apply here were you can still learn traffic laws and rules the more you observe and experience those things. Traffic laws are a lot more extreme and nothing compared to just a game like yugioh.

Are you even readimg what I am saying? When have I ever said I don't read rules in order to do a certain thing?
You don't get the point here. You learn basic rules while you go through school that is why when you apply for a drivers licence they expect you to know the basics as you should have already learnt it. I never said watching I mean observing.
Here is a link on how observing will be able to help you out with many things in life. I don't think you really get the point here. You said 90% of people have proven to you that they didn't read the rulebook and passed RC-1. I replied saying that just because they didn't read the rulebook doesn't mean they know nothing of yugioh you learn more and more of the game the more you play. It is literally said that you need a basic knowledge of the rules which most people do have.
not reading the rulebook means one is not qualified to judge this isnt a debate.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Sound4

Post #54 by Sound4 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:09 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:It is a very real example. lets break down this silly response if the example is so bad.

not reading the rulebook means one is not qualified to judge this isnt a debate.

You really missed the point here.

greg503

Post #55 by greg503 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:07 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Are you even readimg what I am saying? When have I ever said I don't read rules in order to do a certain thing?

You really missed the point here.

No u
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #56 by Renji Asuka » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:40 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I don't think you get the point.
OBJECTION!

Read my replies to Genexwrecker and TheRoyalAU I have alread answered this. Read properly please.

All you have done is dismiss what is being told to you because it was an inconvenience to what you want to claim. If you didn't read the rulebook, you don't know how to play, period.

greg503

Post #57 by greg503 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:09 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote: OBJECTION!

All you have done is dismiss what is being told to you because it was an inconvenience to what you want to claim. If you didn't read the rulebook, you don't know how to play, period.

*don't know how to judge
Buy Floowandereeze

troglyte
Mood:

Post #58 by troglyte » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:26 pm

Whether you judge or duel, you absolutely need to have a basic knowledge of the game. A great source for this basic knowledge is the rulebook.

But the rulebook doesn't answer every question. This is where judges come in. It's their duty to understand the more complex aspects of the game in order settle ruling disputes.

Duelists can play without knowing every complex ruling, but there is no good reason to not learn them.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Renji Asuka

Post #59 by Renji Asuka » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:37 am

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Read my replies to Genexwrecker and TheRoyalAU I have alread answered this. Read properly please.

*don't know how to judge

A person shouldn't be a judge if they don't know how to play the game, and if you don't read the rulebook of any game you shouldn't be playing said game.

Sound4

Post #60 by Sound4 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:48 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote: OBJECTION!

I have not dismissed anything I have replied to everything that you and the other are saying. You didn't get the point of this conversation if you did then you would have known that I said in the of Genexwrecker but you didn't read.

Return to “Suggestions”