300 Seconds

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
@@@@

300 Seconds

Post #1 by @@@@ » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:45 pm

In my recent duels, I saw something that I simply found bizarre. Wait 300 seconds for the opponent's reconnection? I honestly think this is a joke, I can not take seriously, wait 300 seconds for opponents who give "rage quit" is inadmissible and unacceptable, not counting the opponents who are AFK during the duel, and when they leave, have to wait another 300 seconds? I wonder whose brilliant idea was this, because this one deserves an Oscar. 90 seconds was already too much, but it was ok, it was an acceptable time, now wait 300 seconds is unacceptable, this makes the ranked matches unusable. Waiting for support to do something, other than reply to this thread, or pretend nothing happened, as most do, out of sheer laziness.

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:28 pm

I agree. It should be reduced to 30 seconds, just like how judges give AFK players 30 seconds to respond before issuing a loss.

Wek

Post #3 by Wek » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:34 am

@@@@ wrote:In my recent duels, I saw something that I simply found bizarre. Wait 300 seconds for the opponent's reconnection? I honestly think this is a joke, I can not take seriously, wait 300 seconds for opponents who give "rage quit" is inadmissible and unacceptable, not counting the opponents who are AFK during the duel, and when they leave, have to wait another 300 seconds? I wonder whose brilliant idea was this, because this one deserves an Oscar. 90 seconds was already too much, but it was ok, it was an acceptable time, now wait 300 seconds is unacceptable, this makes the ranked matches unusable. Waiting for support to do something, other than reply to this thread, or pretend nothing happened, as most do, out of sheer laziness.

I don't think 300 seconds is normal. Pretty sure 90 is what you typically get, wonder if 300 seconds is a glitch.

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:28 am

The timer is 90 and it is fair considering it can take a player 30-60 seconds to disconnect and reconnect. Still shorter than waiting for a judge call.

300 is a glitch
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Christen57

Post #5 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:08 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:The timer is 90 and it is fair considering it can take a player 30-60 seconds to disconnect and reconnect. Still shorter than waiting for a judge call.

300 is a glitch

A player shouldn't need more than 20-30 seconds to reconnect.

Genexwrecker

Post #6 by Genexwrecker » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:12 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:The timer is 90 and it is fair considering it can take a player 30-60 seconds to disconnect and reconnect. Still shorter than waiting for a judge call.

300 is a glitch

There is a delay a lot of the time.

Christen57

Post #7 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:31 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

300 is a glitch

I only need no more than 10 seconds to refresh the duelingbook page and no more 10 seconds to re-enter my name/password after a disconnect.

Also, when you disconnect, it doesn't require you to refresh the duelingbook page or re-enter the password since it just takes you to the main menu screen after a disconnection with your name and password still intact, so you just need literally 1 click to log back in after a disconnect, making it so you really need no more than 5 seconds to get back in after a disconnect.

Renji Asuka

Post #8 by Renji Asuka » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:56 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

I only need no more than 10 seconds to refresh the duelingbook page and no more 10 seconds to re-enter my name/password after a disconnect.

Also, when you disconnect, it doesn't require you to refresh the duelingbook page or re-enter the password since it just takes you to the main menu screen after a disconnection with your name and password still intact, so you just need literally 1 click to log back in after a disconnect, making it so you really need no more than 5 seconds to get back in after a disconnect.

The problem with your argument is, what if something happened to your PC? For instance, say its storming, power went off for a split second, then it takes about 2 - 5 minutes (depending on the PC) to turn it on and reconnect. So having to wait 5 minutes for the opponent to reconnect is perfectly reasonable. At least in my opinion.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Genexwrecker

Post #9 by Genexwrecker » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:13 am

usually when disconnects happen it is either 1 of 2 reasons.
ur internet sucks so git guud scrub
or db is being funky again in which case reconnecting even after refreshing could take a bit.

robinatk

Post #10 by robinatk » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:33 am

It goes to 300 if you both disconnect

Christen57

Post #11 by Christen57 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:33 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:There is a delay a lot of the time.

The problem with your argument is, what if something happened to your PC? For instance, say its storming, power went off for a split second, then it takes about 2 - 5 minutes (depending on the PC) to turn it on and reconnect. So having to wait 5 minutes for the opponent to reconnect is perfectly reasonable. At least in my opinion.

Users have received game losses and even freezes for being AFK that long. Like the other guy said, 90 seconds is already extremely generous. Also if a storm is knocking out your power, you have more important things to worry about at that point than an online card game.

Renji Asuka

Post #12 by Renji Asuka » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:35 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Users have received game losses and even freezes for being AFK that long. Like the other guy said, 90 seconds is already extremely generous. Also if a storm is knocking out your power, you have more important things to worry about at that point than an online card game.

I wouldn't say that, even the lightest of storms can cause a power outage. But again, its just an example.

@@@@

Post #13 by @@@@ » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:42 am

"So having to wait 5 minutes for the opponent to reconnect is perfectly reasonable" my eyes are burning after reading this. This sounds like someone who does not play ranked DB, or has nothing to do all day. You do not know what it is like to wait 15-30 minutes for a judge because of an AFK player. And there are still people who leave the game on purpose, just to make you wait. Not even the oldest and most garbage computer in the world takes 5 minutes to reconnect to DB. Don't forget that people have their daily routine too, so spending 5 minutes dueling and 45 minutes waiting is totally out of the question.

Renji Asuka

Post #14 by Renji Asuka » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:27 am

@@@@ wrote:"So having to wait 5 minutes for the opponent to reconnect is perfectly reasonable" my eyes are burning after reading this. This sounds like someone who does not play ranked DB, or has nothing to do all day. You do not know what it is like to wait 15-30 minutes for a judge because of an AFK player. And there are still people who leave the game on purpose, just to make you wait. Not even the oldest and most garbage computer in the world takes 5 minutes to reconnect to DB. Don't forget that people have their daily routine too, so spending 5 minutes dueling and 45 minutes waiting is totally out of the question.

Don't make assumptions, it only makes an ass out of yourself. And if you're getting this angry over a post, go touch grass.

Christen57

Post #15 by Christen57 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:34 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
@@@@ wrote:"So having to wait 5 minutes for the opponent to reconnect is perfectly reasonable" my eyes are burning after reading this. This sounds like someone who does not play ranked DB, or has nothing to do all day. You do not know what it is like to wait 15-30 minutes for a judge because of an AFK player. And there are still people who leave the game on purpose, just to make you wait. Not even the oldest and most garbage computer in the world takes 5 minutes to reconnect to DB. Don't forget that people have their daily routine too, so spending 5 minutes dueling and 45 minutes waiting is totally out of the question.

Don't make assumptions, it only makes an ass out of yourself. And if you're getting this angry over a post, go touch grass.

What is he "assuming"? He's right. 5 minutes is absurd. 90 seconds is already extremely generous even though people abuse even that and leave on purpose just to make you wait. Genexwrecker confirmed that 300 seconds is most likely a glitch.

Renji Asuka

Post #16 by Renji Asuka » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:24 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

What is he "assuming"? He's right. 5 minutes is absurd. 90 seconds is already extremely generous even though people abuse even that and leave on purpose just to make you wait. Genexwrecker confirmed that 300 seconds is most likely a glitch.

"This sounds like someone who does not play ranked DB, or has nothing to do all day. You do not know what it is like to wait 15-30 minutes for a judge because of an AFK player."

This is his assumption.

Christen57

Post #17 by Christen57 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:58 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Don't make assumptions, it only makes an ass out of yourself. And if you're getting this angry over a post, go touch grass.

"This sounds like someone who does not play ranked DB, or has nothing to do all day. You do not know what it is like to wait 15-30 minutes for a judge because of an AFK player."

This is his assumption.

Have you had to wait long for a judge because of an AFK player?

Renji Asuka

Post #18 by Renji Asuka » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:15 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

This is his assumption.

Remember, an AFK player is far different than a person who d/c'd where you'd just have to wait 5 minutes...

That being said, I remember I had to wait for over an hour before I just left.

Christen57

Post #19 by Christen57 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:46 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:"This sounds like someone who does not play ranked DB, or has nothing to do all day. You do not know what it is like to wait 15-30 minutes for a judge because of an AFK player."

This is his assumption.

Remember, an AFK player is far different than a person who d/c'd where you'd just have to wait 5 minutes...

You should never have to wait more than 20 minutes because by then duelingbook should automatically kick them "due to inactivity".

An AFK player and a disconnected one are both still making you wait, so there is no "far difference" there. You just want disconnected players to be able to make others wait up to 5 minutes which is absurd and too long.

Renji Asuka

Post #20 by Renji Asuka » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:13 am

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

You should never have to wait more than 20 minutes because by then duelingbook should automatically kick them "due to inactivity".

An AFK player and a disconnected one are both still making you wait, so there is no "far difference" there. You just want disconnected players to be able to make others wait up to 5 minutes which is absurd and too long.

I ran into players who were "AFK" and they actually weren't, because they were in someone's DMs (odds are) to prevent them from being D/C'd (didn't see them in public chat). Happened a lot to me on DN and sometimes on DB.

Return to “Suggestions”