[Deprecated] Instructions on how to summon your spells/traps that are in your hand, deck, graveyard, and banished

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it

Re: Instructions on how to give control of cards in spell/trap/field zones and summon spells/traps from the hand/deck/gr

Post #21 by 26973556 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:21 pm

Christen57 wrote:
26973556 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

What if I remove all cases on the javascript or replace them?

What other cases do you want removed/replaced?

The ability to swap cards from my hand, the all the skills (including looking at my opponent's topdeck) but I can't figure out how do to do that such as the Necklace event.

Christen57

Post #22 by Christen57 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:29 pm

26973556 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
26973556 wrote:

What if I remove all cases on the javascript or replace them?

The ability to swap cards from my hand, the all the skills (including looking at my opponent's topdeck) but I can't figure out how do to do that such as the Necklace event.

Skills? Are you referring to speed duels? I thought you were talking about customs. Also, what do you mean by "swapping cards from hand"?

Post #23 by 26973556 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:56 pm

Christen57 wrote:
26973556 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Skills? Are you referring to speed duels? I thought you were talking about customs. Also, what do you mean by "swapping cards from hand"?

I want to have skills in Customs and be able to change cards entirely but do not know how.

if (moderator >= 2 && isIn(card, player1.hand_arr) >= 0) {
menu.push({label:"Swap",data:"Swap"}); -> Swapping cards for mods only (requires card IDs)

menu.push({label:"Look at cards",data:"Necklace event"}); -> Make this work for any format.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Christen57

Post #24 by Christen57 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:23 am

26973556 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
26973556 wrote:

I want to have skills in Customs and be able to change cards entirely but do not know how.

menu.push({label:"Swap",data:"Swap"}); -> Swapping cards for mods only (requires card IDs)

menu.push({label:"Look at cards",data:"Necklace event"}); -> Make this work for any format.

By "Necklace event," do you mean Necklace of Command?

Post #25 by 26973556 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:23 am

Christen57 wrote:
26973556 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

By "Necklace event," I mean Millennium Necklace from the Speed Duels, I want to apply those cards in customs without having them in my possession.

greg503

Post #26 by greg503 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:32 am

So what one of the Goddess cards does (the one played in Mine Burn)
Buy Floowandereeze

Post #27 by 26973556 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:40 pm

greg503 wrote:

Yes, just you can see the entire Main Deck.

if (card.data("cardfront").data("name") == "Goddess Skuld's Oracle" && player2.main_arr.length >= 40) {
menu.push({label:"Look at cards",data:"Oracle event"});
}
I think it's like this and the Oracle event is just so you can approve the resolution.

Also the effect of Number 89 to view your opponent's Extra Deck:
if (isIn(card, player1.banished_arr) < 0) {
menu.push({label:"Banish",data:"Banish"});
if (findCard([
"Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Evening Twilight",
"Blue Duston",
"Chaos Scepter Blast",
"Eater of Millions",
"Elemental HERO Nebula Neos",
"Evening Twilight Knight",
"Evenly Matched",
"Banquet of Millions",
"Gizmek Orochi, the Serpentron Sky Slasher",
"Lightforce Sword",
"Necro Fusion",
"Network Trap Hole",
"Number 89: Diablosis the Mind Hacker",
"PSY-Frame Overload",
"Small World",
"Super Koi Koi",
"Transmission Gear",
"Treasure Panda",
"Wind-Up Zenmaintenance",
"Xyz Override"
//], true) || isIn(card, player1.main_arr) >= 0 || card.data("face_down")) {
], true) || isIn(card, player1.main_arr) >= 0 || isIn(card, player1.extra_arr) >= 0 || card.data("face_down")) {
menu.push({label:"Banish FD",data:"Banish FD"});

I think if I remove all cases for this part, you can activate it as even if it's not in your possession.

Christen57

Post #28 by Christen57 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:06 pm

26973556 wrote:
greg503 wrote:

Yes, just you can see the entire Main Deck.

if (card.data("cardfront").data("name") == "Goddess Skuld's Oracle" && player2.main_arr.length >= 40) {
menu.push({label:"Look at cards",data:"Oracle event"});
}
I think it's like this and the Oracle event is just so you can approve the resolution.

Okay, I know what you're talking about now. You're trying to trigger the effect of Goddess Skuld's Oracle to request permission to both see and rearrange the top 3 cards of the opponent's deck without actually having the card itself on the field. The easiest way to do this would be to create a new bookmark, name it whatever you want (I'll name mine "goddess skuld's oracle"), and in the address/URL/Location box (whatever it's called on your browser), copy and paste this code:

javascript:cardMenuClicked(Card(), "Oracle event");

Then save your bookmark.

After that, whenever you're in a duel and you want to "resolve Goddess Skuld's Oracle's effect" without actually having the card itself on the field, click the javascript bookmark.

As you can see, I did this in solo mode, so obviously I can't be granted "permission" to resolve the effect since I didn't have an opponent who can choose to grant the permission on their end, but I also tested this against an actual opponent and it worked. They were able to choose either to accept or to reject the request even though I didn't have Goddess Skuld's Oracle itself on the field.

Also the effect of Number 89 to view your opponent's Extra Deck:
if (isIn(card, player1.banished_arr) < 0) {
menu.push({label:"Banish",data:"Banish"});
if (findCard([
"Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Evening Twilight",
"Blue Duston",
"Chaos Scepter Blast",
"Eater of Millions",
"Elemental HERO Nebula Neos",
"Evening Twilight Knight",
"Evenly Matched",
"Banquet of Millions",
"Gizmek Orochi, the Serpentron Sky Slasher",
"Lightforce Sword",
"Necro Fusion",
"Network Trap Hole",
"Number 89: Diablosis the Mind Hacker",
"PSY-Frame Overload",
"Small World",
"Super Koi Koi",
"Transmission Gear",
"Treasure Panda",
"Wind-Up Zenmaintenance",
"Xyz Override"
//], true) || isIn(card, player1.main_arr) >= 0 || card.data("face_down")) {
], true) || isIn(card, player1.main_arr) >= 0 || isIn(card, player1.extra_arr) >= 0 || card.data("face_down")) {
menu.push({label:"Banish FD",data:"Banish FD"});

I think if I remove all cases for this part, you can activate it as even if it's not in your possession.

This has nothing to do with resolving an effect to look at rearrange the top 3 cards of your opponent's deck. Duelingbook got an update some time ago so that, when hovering your cursor over your card, the option to banish it face-down won't appear unless it's one of those names listed.

Also, you don't need a special button for Number 89: Diablosis the Mind Hacker as you can simply ask the opponent to show you their extra deck, and then you can name the card you want them to banish from it.

Post #29 by 26973556 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:06 pm

Christen57 wrote:
26973556 wrote:
greg503 wrote:So what one of the Goddess cards does (the one played in Mine Burn)

I now how to do this I just do not know how to swap cards.

For example: javascript:cardMenuClicked(Card(), "Necklace event");

The one I'm struggling on is this:

}
}
menu.push({label:"Swap",data:"Swap"});
}
}
}
showMenu(card, menu);
}

It most likely needs a different format as this script could not work:
javascript:cardMenuClicked(Card(), "Swap");

Christen57

Post #30 by Christen57 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:25 am

26973556 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
26973556 wrote:

I now how to do this I just do not know how to swap cards.

For example: javascript:cardMenuClicked(Card(), "Necklace event");

The one I'm struggling on is this:

}
}
menu.push({label:"Swap",data:"Swap"});
}
}
}
showMenu(card, menu);
}

It most likely needs a different format as this script could not work:
javascript:cardMenuClicked(Card(), "Swap");

Yeah, this right here:

if (moderator >= 2 && isIn(card, player1.hand_arr) >= 0)

Means you have to at least be a judge or something for "Swap" to work. I don't think duelingbook allows just anyone to use Swap.

Post #31 by 26973556 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:37 pm

Christen57 wrote:
26973556 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Yeah, this right here:

Means you have to at least be a judge or something for "Swap" to work.

Probably why it doesn't work with the standard javascript... any ideas?

Christen57

Post #32 by Christen57 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:29 pm

26973556 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
26973556 wrote:
Yeah, this right here:

Means you have to at least be a judge or something for "Swap" to work.

Probably why it doesn't work with the standard javascript... any ideas?

No. It must be limited to judges, so you'd have to become a judge to use this feature.

Post #33 by 26973556 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:40 pm

Christen57 wrote:
No. It must be limited to judges, so you'd have to become a judge to use this feature.

Alright, but how do I use it if I use a change card archetype? I can asked my friend to borrow their account. If I did this, how would I use a javascript to do that because when I did it I couldn't Duel and I don't know why but it said I was forbidden while on Duty.

Sorry for any bad quality images, I'm going to buy a new phone that isn't android soon.

greg503

Post #34 by greg503 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:24 pm

26973556 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Alright, but how do I use it if I use a change card archetype? I can asked my friend to borrow their account. If I did this, how would I use a javascript to do that because when I did it I couldn't Duel and I don't know why but it said I was forbidden while on Duty.

Sorry for any bad quality images, I'm going to buy a new phone that isn't android soon.

I'd say now would be a good time to just stop. This is dangerous territory that could get you banned.
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #35 by Christen57 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:55 pm

26973556 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

I think the only way this could work is if you're judging someone else's duel and you, for whatever reason, need to Swap their card with something else. I don't know enough about Swap to say if it was even intended to be used by duelists themselves.

greg503 wrote:
26973556 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

I'd say now would be a good time to just stop. This is dangerous territory that could get you banned.

What is?

Post #36 by 26973556 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:30 pm

Alright, that makes sense.

james123
Mood:

Post #37 by james123 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:11 pm

Why not update your code so we can Go Artifact on any Monster? (Set monsters in our S/T Zone). This would help for Custom Artifact Monsters

Christen57

Post #38 by Christen57 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:04 pm

james123 wrote:Why not update your code so we can Go Artifact on any Monster? (Set monsters in our S/T Zone). This would help for Custom Artifact Monsters

I believe duelingbook checks if your monster has the phrase "You can Set this card from your hand to your Spell" anywhere in it's effect, and if so, will automatically give you that option to set the card to your spell/trap zone.

james123
Mood:

Post #39 by james123 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:59 pm

Christen57 wrote:
james123 wrote:Why not update your code so we can Go Artifact on any Monster? (Set monsters in our S/T Zone). This would help for Custom Artifact Monsters

I believe duelingbook checks if your monster has the phrase "You can Set this card from your hand to your Spell" anywhere in it's effect, and if so, will automatically give you that option to set the card to your spell/trap zone.

Tried it for myself and It works, now tell speedsterduelist to replace "You can Set this card from your hand in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Spell Card." with "You can Set this card from your hand to your Spell/Trap Zone as a Spell card." on those cards www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=10544760
Proof that this trick works www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=90641-38333031
and another proof after speedy updated some of his cards www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=90641-38334740
Last edited by james123 on Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Christen57

Post #40 by Christen57 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:02 pm

james123 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Tried it for myself and It works, now tell speedsterduelist to replace "You can Set this card from your hand in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Spell Card." with "You can Set this card from your hand to your Spell/Trap Zone as a Spell card." on those cards www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=10544760
Proof that this trick works www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=90641-38333031

You don't even need "card" at the end there. You can just say "from your hand to your Spell & Trap Zone as a Spell" period.

Return to “Suggestions”