To Make Duelingbook Automatic but not entirely like Dueling Nexus:

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Shooting_Star25

To Make Duelingbook Automatic but not entirely like Dueling Nexus:

Post #1 by Shooting_Star25 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:16 am

I am new to this setting and rule and all from someone on discord but I liked dueling nexus a lot better because it was easier and less technical since it was all automatic than manual. I hope someone like me who is really smart and all but I also have short-comings to all of this hard technicality way of dueling. I do however don't complain about the other stuff except when you duel inside one of the sections and you have to do it manually and not automatically. I hope this can help me, others, and you as staff and website to see the future is technology and not manual labor. I hope people can understand and cooperate and want the same easy way of playing and you, the staff, can see this website duels needs improvements in our recent time.

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:34 am

So you basically are wanting it to be like ygopro?

No thanks bruh.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Shooting_Star25

Post #3 by Shooting_Star25 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:38 am

This is my own proper way of telling you guys without being mean except this to Renji but to others this is how I feel: "Thank you for commenting on this motioned topic of mine. I didn't plan this to be like ygopro or dueling nexus but we should focus on the times we are living which is mostly technology based and not manual labored or manual in general. I wish others will look at my request in positive light and understand the generation/era we are in "NOW" and not the type we are which we aren't such as the "PAST". I will mention that I only wanted the motion in duels against someone and not any where else on the website.". I wonder if you all really want to live in our parents' days in life, if you want to easily cheat, or if you guys actually want this motion of mine in duels only to be actually legit and fair than the opposite as in unfair, unequal, etc. Please think it over and please comment however you feel of my motion mainly that is above all this.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #4 by Lil Oldman » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:55 am

This is a Simulator not a Videogame. That's why it is manual. People simply enjoy this.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Shooting_Star25

Post #5 by Shooting_Star25 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:25 am

Lil Oldman wrote:This is a Simulator not a Videogame. That's why it is manual. People simply enjoy this.

I don't think you think that way truly. This way is more devious than the others. Being automatic isn't taking the fairness and equality into question but it is actually the manual way that is causing those issues. I learned on discord on my server and others that on here people can find ways to cheat and be unjust towards others. I don't see how this manual way of playing is at all truthful compare to the automatic way in dueling. I am saying "ONLY IN DUELING MODE" and "NOT IN ANYTHING ELSE". I guess you all are cheaters who don't know where to draw lines or you are an old timer in disguise. One or the other. Which is it?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #6 by Lil Oldman » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:39 am

Shooting_Star25 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:This is a Simulator not a Videogame. That's why it is manual. People simply enjoy this.

I don't think you think that way truly. This way is more devious than the others. Being automatic isn't taking the fairness and equality into question but it is actually the manual way that is causing those issues. I learned on discord on my server and others that on here people can find ways to cheat and be unjust towards others. I don't see how this manual way of playing is at all truthful compare to the automatic way in dueling. I am saying "ONLY IN DUELING MODE" and "NOT IN ANYTHING ELSE". I guess you all are cheaters who don't know where to draw lines or you are an old timer in disguise. One or the other. Which is it?

dB is manual because it is a simulator. People have their own reasons to enjoy playing manually. Either it allows players to learn how certain decks work, it can make custom cards easier to play, it can act as a substitute to the experience IRL dueling brings or it can allow people to cheat. Regardless, the manual factor is the selling point of dB.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

Shooting_Star25

Post #7 by Shooting_Star25 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:57 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
Shooting_Star25 wrote:

dB is manual because it is a simulator. People have their own reasons to enjoy playing manually. Either it allows players to learn how certain decks work, it can make custom cards easier to play, it can act as a substitute to the experience IRL dueling brings or it can allow people to cheat. Regardless, the manual factor is the selling point of dB.

You do know this is middle of 2021 and not 1990s or 2000s, right?

Snailsoup

Post #8 by Snailsoup » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:10 pm

I completely disagree with this change. DB just like DN where created with the intent of recreating as much as possible the experience of playing YGO over the internet. Being manual and giving appropriate tools of communication is the way to go in order to really emulate the feeling of playing YGO with your own cardboard. The little automations like remembering you to activate your handtraps all the time, always remembering your effects, not only hinders your ability to learn those mechanichs, also gives important information to your opponent, especially this last formats with cards like Nibiru. DB proposes a solution for a certain type of play that an automated system cant fulfill. I agree that people that play on DB are more attracted to the features in order to learn the game on a more organic way, because they expect posibly bring this deck lists to their locals or Regionals, YCS, whatever.

Slitina

Post #9 by Slitina » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:10 pm

Duelingbook like Lil_Oldman said, it's main selling point is manual, Your the one who doesn't understand you are like, "I'm new to this manual work i want an auto simulator," In addition, this simulator was supposed to reenact how it's like to play the game in person. What's next? your locals be automatic instead of "manual", Eventho we are in 2021 manual labor is still a thing.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Shooting_Star25

Post #10 by Shooting_Star25 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:14 pm

Snailsoup wrote:I completely disagree with this change. DB just like DN where created with the intent of recreating as much as possible the experience of playing YGO over the internet. Being manual and giving appropriate tools of communication is the way to go in order to really emulate the feeling of playing YGO with your own cardboard. The little automations like remembering you to activate your handtraps all the time, always remembering your effects, not only hinders your ability to learn those mechanichs, also gives important information to your opponent, especially this last formats with cards like Nibiru. DB proposes a solution for a certain type of play that an automated system cant fulfill. I agree that people that play on DB are more attracted to the features in order to learn the game on a more organic way, because they expect posibly bring this deck lists to their locals or Regionals, YCS, whatever.

This way of dueling is boring and long, it could be quicker and such if we have it automatic than manual. Manual, we have to command every step we do.

Snailsoup

Post #11 by Snailsoup » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:18 pm

Shooting_Star25 wrote:
Snailsoup wrote:I completely disagree with this change. DB just like DN where created with the intent of recreating as much as possible the experience of playing YGO over the internet. Being manual and giving appropriate tools of communication is the way to go in order to really emulate the feeling of playing YGO with your own cardboard. The little automations like remembering you to activate your handtraps all the time, always remembering your effects, not only hinders your ability to learn those mechanichs, also gives important information to your opponent, especially this last formats with cards like Nibiru. DB proposes a solution for a certain type of play that an automated system cant fulfill. I agree that people that play on DB are more attracted to the features in order to learn the game on a more organic way, because they expect posibly bring this deck lists to their locals or Regionals, YCS, whatever.

This way of dueling is boring and long, it could be quicker and such if we have it automatic than manual. Manual, we have to command every step we do.

Playing IRL is long and boring too for you if you think that way. Some of us enjoy playing like this, because actaually have our own cardboard and play it, and there its other group that maybe dont have cardboard, but enjoy this type of play because emulates the experience closer than the automated systems. If you dont prefer this type of play is cool. There are more options on automated systems than manual systems, you can try those instead of DB.

robinatk

Post #12 by robinatk » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:27 pm

Shooting_Star25 wrote:

If you want to play something automated then go do so, there are plenty other emulators. And you'll be a worse player because of it, if you are relying on triggers and rulings of a simulator (which by the way every simulator does not have the correct rulings for every interaction) to play the game then you do not know how to play the game correctly.
The reason you want something automatic is because you don't know how to play, otherwise this wouldn't be an issue.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #13 by Lil Oldman » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:39 pm

Shooting_Star25 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
Shooting_Star25 wrote:I don't think you think that way truly. This way is more devious than the others. Being automatic isn't taking the fairness and equality into question but it is actually the manual way that is causing those issues. I learned on discord on my server and others that on here people can find ways to cheat and be unjust towards others. I don't see how this manual way of playing is at all truthful compare to the automatic way in dueling. I am saying "ONLY IN DUELING MODE" and "NOT IN ANYTHING ELSE". I guess you all are cheaters who don't know where to draw lines or you are an old timer in disguise. One or the other. Which is it?

You do know this is middle of 2021 and not 1990s or 2000s, right?

What does the year have to do with anything? The "manual simulation" market is there and if dB doesn't take it someone else will.

Wek

Post #14 by Wek » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:35 pm

Dueling Nexus is trash though. Why would we want to be more like it? The only Yugioh platform to ever possibly be better than Duelingbook was Duelingnetwork. Manual is far better than automatic platforms. Automatic platforms have numerous glitches/rulings errors they have to fix, and you can't do anything about them until they do. Manual you can just play by the rules and avoid this problem entirely. If someone makes a rulings mistake they can be told they are wrong and the game corrected, a computer won't listen and someone has to do fix it later. Automatic platforms are stuck with OCG rulings and differences, and there's no way they can catch every distinction between the TCG and OCG. Some cards simply don't work on the site. There's no reason to try to emulate bad simulators. If anything it is Nexus and their like that are outdated, and should adapt a more manual function in the future. The stiff measures of automatic platforms are just inefficient for proper play and the best simulators, as always, have been the far more adaptable manual ones. When new cards come in, a manual platform can just insert them, no problem. An automatic platform has to figure out all of the relevant rules. If a ruling is changed, manual is already up to date, nothing has to be changed. Automatic platforms have to rewrite their cards and until then they will continue making that mistake over and over until they catch and fix their cards based on the change.

XtevensChannel

Post #15 by XtevensChannel » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:25 pm

I'll see what I can do

Renji Asuka

Post #16 by Renji Asuka » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:51 pm

XtevensChannel wrote:I'll see what I can do

Please, for the love of god, don't entertain the OP.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Wek

Post #17 by Wek » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:57 pm

XtevensChannel wrote:I'll see what I can do

I wouldn't bother wasting time over this. DB is basically the best Yugioh platform without question because it is manual. Don't want to go damaging that advantage. There are far better things DB needs to actually do instead of taking a step backwards.

greg503

Post #18 by greg503 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:59 pm

Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #19 by Genexwrecker » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:13 pm

We would never make db automatic that said i cannot say anything more than xteven did on something that is in the works. It isnt automatic db but we are working on something for people of a different mindset.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #20 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:53 am

Shooting_Star25 wrote:I am new to this setting and rule and all from someone on discord but I liked dueling nexus a lot better because it was easier and less technical since it was all automatic than manual. I hope someone like me who is really smart and all but I also have short-comings to all of this hard technicality way of dueling. I do however don't complain about the other stuff except when you duel inside one of the sections and you have to do it manually and not automatically. I hope this can help me, others, and you as staff and website to see the future is technology and not manual labor. I hope people can understand and cooperate and want the same easy way of playing and you, the staff, can see this website duels needs improvements in our recent time.

Or, you could just play edopro.

You seem to have forgotten duelingbook was literally made to play yugioh manually online. Either go back to nexus, or just play official yugioh video games. Don't waste your time.
b

Return to “Suggestions”