The new 'Thumbs Up' button is great!

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Ruundarus

The new 'Thumbs Up' button is great!

Post #1 by Ruundarus » Wed May 26, 2021 10:38 am

Thank you for including a 'Thumbs up' button in order to make it easier to signal your opponent 'OK'.

I don't know much about computer programming but someone had to sit down and add this to the game, it is very much appreciated!

It even shows up in the log too, which is a nice touch.

Would it be possible to get it to show up in the chat log as well? Sometimes my opponent's do not see the Thumbs Up icon appear as it only shows up for a brief moment and it does not make any sound effect.

Thank you for your time.

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Wed May 26, 2021 11:40 am

Imagine implementing more features that gives people more of a reason to not use the chat...
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503

Post #3 by greg503 » Wed May 26, 2021 1:10 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:Imagine implementing more features that gives people more of a reason to not use the chat...

I hear a lot of tournament play is done without much talking
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #4 by Renji Asuka » Wed May 26, 2021 4:14 pm

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Imagine implementing more features that gives people more of a reason to not use the chat...

And I don't appreciate it!

Christen57

Post #5 by Christen57 » Wed May 26, 2021 7:07 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:

Things like these make duels go by faster, just like how my javascript codes let you automatically login without typing in your password and how my javascript code letting you automatically search for any deck just by typing in a part of it's name makes searching for decks a lot faster.

It also helps if you're trying to play duelingbook, but you're like eating/drinking at the same time so you're stuck with just 1 hand.

Renji Asuka

Post #6 by Renji Asuka » Wed May 26, 2021 9:41 pm

Christen57 wrote:

Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:I hear a lot of tournament play is done without much talking

Things like these make duels go by faster, just like how my javascript codes let you automatically login without typing in your password and how my javascript code letting you automatically search for any deck just by typing in a part of it's name makes searching for decks a lot faster.

It also helps if you're trying to play duelingbook, but you're like eating/drinking at the same time so you're stuck with just 1 hand.

To make it go by faster?

Bruh, if you can't afford to have a match, probably shouldn't get into one. Sides with more and more features allowing players to not chat during games, you may as well remove all forms of chat on the site and just turn it into YgoPro.

Christen57

Post #7 by Christen57 » Wed May 26, 2021 9:53 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Renji Asuka wrote:And I don't appreciate it!

To make it go by faster?

Bruh, if you can't afford to have a match, probably shouldn't get into one. Sides with more and more features allowing players to not chat during games, you may as well remove all forms of chat on the site and just turn it into YgoPro.

Not everything has to be chatted out, and not every online simulator has to match YgoPro. I don't get what the issue is here that you're complaining about.

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #8 by Jedx_EX » Thu May 27, 2021 2:09 am

I thought of Duel Links as I read the title.

Renji Asuka

Post #9 by Renji Asuka » Thu May 27, 2021 8:03 am

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

To make it go by faster?

Not everything has to be chatted out, and not every online simulator has to match YgoPro. I don't get what the issue is here that you're complaining about.

Communicating with your opponent is extremely important, throwing in buttons to allow people not to chat will do 2 things, 1 not actually using chat in which case, why even have it, and 2nd, people will bitch because you're not using those said buttons. (I had this happen to me back when Mystic Mine was at full power, used Lilith Effect and my opponent raged because I wouldn't use the green button.)

Like honestly, how hard is it to type your plays out on what you're activating? How hard is it to respond with "okay" or "ok" or even "good to go" when giving your opponent an all clear? It's not actually hard. And yes, I seen people refuse to type in chats then leave after 3 minutes of me waiting on them after asking if a play is good. Meanwhile I seen players just let their combos go off while I tell them I had a response and they still keep playing. Giving more tools to not use the chat renders the chat useless in which case you may as well remove it.

greg503

Post #10 by greg503 » Thu May 27, 2021 12:51 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:To make it go by faster?

Communicating with your opponent is extremely important, throwing in buttons to allow people not to chat will do 2 things, 1 not actually using chat in which case, why even have it, and 2nd, people will bitch because you're not using those said buttons. (I had this happen to me back when Mystic Mine was at full power, used Lilith Effect and my opponent raged because I wouldn't use the green button.)

Like honestly, how hard is it to type your plays out on what you're activating? How hard is it to respond with "okay" or "ok" or even "good to go" when giving your opponent an all clear? It's not actually hard. And yes, I seen people refuse to type in chats then leave after 3 minutes of me waiting on them after asking if a play is good. Meanwhile I seen players just let their combos go off while I tell them I had a response and they still keep playing. Giving more tools to not use the chat renders the chat useless in which case you may as well remove it.

Adding this button did nothing to change the amount of problem players. Some people just don't get it.
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #11 by Christen57 » Thu May 27, 2021 2:24 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:To make it go by faster?

If a card has a special green button for it's effect, you're supposed to use it.

Chatting does not automatically become obsolete or "useless" just because more and more tools like this are existing. Chatting is still used for declaring card names like with the effect of Mind Crush, declaring levels such as with Gagaga Magician's effect, and most importantly resolving judge/ruling disputes.

Yes, back on dueling network, we did have to play like cavemen, typing out pretty much everything, from declaring effects to giving the okay for our opponent to make their plays, but this is dueling book, and it has evolved greatly, with all sorts of new stuff that dueling network never had. Things are evolving and getting better, duels are able to go by faster with new stuff we've never had before, and you're against all of that, against progress, against evolution, for some weird reason.

Duelingbook isn't supposed to be duelingnetwork. It's supposed to be better than that, and it has been.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #12 by Lil Oldman » Thu May 27, 2021 2:26 pm

Christen57 wrote:and you're against all of that, against progress, against evolution, for some weird reason.

Boomers in a nutshell
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Renji Asuka

Post #13 by Renji Asuka » Thu May 27, 2021 2:40 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

If a card has a special green button for it's effect, you're supposed to use it.

Chatting does not automatically become obsolete or "useless" just because more and more tools like this are existing. Chatting is still used for declaring card names like with the effect of Mind Crush, declaring levels such as with Gagaga Magician's effect, and most importantly resolving judge/ruling disputes.

Yes, back on dueling network, we did have to play like cavemen, typing out pretty much everything, from declaring effects to giving the okay for our opponent to make their plays, but this is dueling book, and it has evolved greatly, with all sorts of new stuff that dueling network never had. Things are evolving and getting better, duels are able to go by faster with new stuff we've never had before, and you're against all of that, against progress, against evolution, for some weird reason.

Duelingbook isn't supposed to be duelingnetwork. It's supposed to be better than that, and it has been.

No, I do NOT have to press a Green button, when I can do it manually. Want an automated system? Go to an automated place. That was the WHOLE APPEAL TO DUELING NETWORK, BECAUSE IT WAS MANUAL, because it WAS as IF you're playing in real life. That's the whole point on why I don't like features that can essentially take that appeal away.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #14 by Lil Oldman » Thu May 27, 2021 2:43 pm

Wouldn't using the thumbs up button just be an equivalent to nodding? You arent talking, yet the other person knows what is happening.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Christen57

Post #15 by Christen57 » Thu May 27, 2021 3:05 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Communicating with your opponent is extremely important, throwing in buttons to allow people not to chat will do 2 things, 1 not actually using chat in which case, why even have it, and 2nd, people will bitch because you're not using those said buttons. (I had this happen to me back when Mystic Mine was at full power, used Lilith Effect and my opponent raged because I wouldn't use the green button.)

No, I do NOT have to press a Green button, when I can do it manually. Want an automated system? Go to an automated place. That was the WHOLE APPEAL TO DUELING NETWORK, BECAUSE IT WAS MANUAL, because it WAS as IF you're playing in real life. That's the whole point on why I don't like features that can essentially take that appeal away.

The idea that duelingbook should be just like real life is an arbitrary rule you made up in your head that duelingbook's developers aren't bound by.

An online stimulator can be both manual and fast. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Duelingbook is faster than duelingnetwork ever was, in the sense that you have more and more little buttons to help you do certain things faster and easier, but...

duelingbook is also manual in the sense that you're still manually changing life points, manually overlaying for xyz summons, manually keeping track of counters, manually keeping track of modified attack/defense value, manually tracking the number of standby phases that passed since you activated your Wave-Motion Cannon or Gold Sarcophagus or Final Countdown, manually calculating battle damage, manually banishing the top 5 or whatever cards of your deck for monster's effects like the Adamancipator tuners, manually flipping/tossing coins/dice, and so on.

If you think duelingbook's only appeal is that it's manual, and that it has no other appeal, then that is your opinion. I think duelingbook has many appeals, one of them including the fact that it's somewhat manual, but also the appeal of being fast compared to other manual simulators, the appeal of being able to do more advanced things like automatically resolve Convulsion of Nature or Power Tool Dragon's effect, neither of which you could do back on duelingnetwork, the appeal of being able to make your own custom cards, the appeal of being able to setup your own profile song, the appeal of having far more formats to choose from, the appeal of being able to message and chat with friends, and so on.

Renji Asuka

Post #16 by Renji Asuka » Thu May 27, 2021 5:44 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

The idea that duelingbook should be just like real life is an arbitrary rule you made up in your head that duelingbook's developers aren't bound by.

An online stimulator can be both manual and fast. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Duelingbook is faster than duelingnetwork ever was, in the sense that you have more and more little buttons to help you do certain things faster and easier, but...

duelingbook is also manual in the sense that you're still manually changing life points, manually overlaying for xyz summons, manually keeping track of counters, manually keeping track of modified attack/defense value, manually tracking the number of standby phases that passed since you activated your Wave-Motion Cannon or Gold Sarcophagus or Final Countdown, manually calculating battle damage, manually banishing the top 5 or whatever cards of your deck for monster's effects like the Adamancipator tuners, manually flipping/tossing coins/dice, and so on.

If you think duelingbook's only appeal is that it's manual, and that it has no other appeal, then that is your opinion. I think duelingbook has many appeals, one of them including the fact that it's somewhat manual, but also the appeal of being fast compared to other manual simulators, the appeal of being able to do more advanced things like automatically resolve Convulsion of Nature or Power Tool Dragon's effect, neither of which you could do back on duelingnetwork, the appeal of being able to make your own custom cards, the appeal of being able to setup your own profile song, the appeal of having far more formats to choose from, the appeal of being able to message and chat with friends, and so on.

Wrong, I didn't make it arbitrary rule. Don't assume things, it makes your arguments weaker as they are based on a false pretense. The whole reason DuelingBook existed was because DuelingNetwork was taken down (from my understanding). And there was a reason WHY people liked Dueling Network OVER ygopro. It was essentially simulating the game with 0 automation. The more automated features that exist, the more that appeal diminishes.

Ruundarus

Post #17 by Ruundarus » Thu May 27, 2021 7:13 pm

In terms of player to player social interaction, there is absolutely no difference between pressing an 'ok' button, and typing 'ok' into a chat box.

Anyways, I noticed they added a sound effect to the 'ok' button. Nice!

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #18 by Jedx_EX » Fri May 28, 2021 3:44 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:The idea that duelingbook should be just like real life is an arbitrary rule you made up in your head that duelingbook's developers aren't bound by.

Wrong, I didn't make it arbitrary rule. Don't assume things, it makes your arguments weaker as they are based on a false pretense. The whole reason DuelingBook existed was because DuelingNetwork was taken down (from my understanding). And there was a reason WHY people liked Dueling Network OVER ygopro. It was essentially simulating the game with 0 automation. The more automated features that exist, the more that appeal diminishes.

YGOPRO doesn't have the "ok button", which is different than automation of card movement.

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #19 by | Hanverid | » Fri May 28, 2021 4:23 am

Promoting laziness.
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

Renji Asuka

Post #20 by Renji Asuka » Fri May 28, 2021 10:01 am

Jedx_EX wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:The idea that duelingbook should be just like real life is an arbitrary rule you made up in your head that duelingbook's developers aren't bound by.

YGOPRO doesn't have the "ok button", which is different than automation of card movement.

What if I told you, it kind of does?

I mean opponent say activates a spell card and you have a card in hand that can activate the game literally asks you if you want to chain a card.

Return to “Suggestions”