Folders in the Deck Construstor

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
StratoYGO

Folders in the Deck Construstor

Post #1 by StratoYGO » Wed May 19, 2021 12:32 am

I can't be the first one to have thought of this, but folders in the Deck Constructors would be SUPER useful, especially for those of us with hundreds of decks built on this website. Also, speaking of the Deck Constructor, a menu for different banlists to be applied would be very cool. Some players who are bored of current format may want to play a legacy format such as Goat or Edison, and having the banlist enforced in the Deck Constructor would be a very cool feature.

PENMASTER

Post #2 by PENMASTER » Wed May 19, 2021 1:32 am

yea thats great and it doesnt seem like it would be hard to implement and I've seen some people that build a lot of decks and having folders you can name and stuff would be an amazing feature and I don't see any downsides to it
love2hate

Genexwrecker

Post #3 by Genexwrecker » Wed May 19, 2021 1:45 am

The deck constructor currently has some limitations that if lifted cause problems with the site. until that can be lifted without causing issues with the site more deck organization is gonna be a bit off in the distance.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:19 am

StratoYGO wrote:I can't be the first one to have thought of this, but folders in the Deck Constructors would be SUPER useful, especially for those of us with hundreds of decks built on this website. Also, speaking of the Deck Constructor, a menu for different banlists to be applied would be very cool. Some players who are bored of current format may want to play a legacy format such as Goat or Edison, and having the banlist enforced in the Deck Constructor would be a very cool feature.

One way you can alleviate this issue would be to give each of your deck specific prefixes depending on what you would use them for.

For example, say you have a total of 9 decks, 2 of them being casual decks that you use to play casually, 3 of them being competitive decks that you use to play competitively, and 4 of them being custom decks that have custom cards in them. Instead of naming your decks deck1, deck2, deck3, deck4, deck5, deck6, deck7, deck8, and deck9, you could name your decks something like:

casual deck1
casual deck2
competitive deck1
competitive deck2
competitive deck3
custom deck1
custom deck2
custom deck3
custom deck4

So when you want to check out your casual decks, you scroll down to all your decks with the "casual" prefix. If you want to check out your competitive decks, you scroll down to all your decks with the "competitive" prefix, and if you want to check out your custom decks, you scroll down to all your decks with the "custom" prefix.

I know you want to just have a folder for all casual decks, a folder for all competitive decks, and a folder for all custom decks, but this solution I just described is the closest thing to that.

Also I too have hundreds of decks in my deck constructor, and when I want to quickly search for a deck and load it, instead of manually scrolling through hundreds of decks to see the one I want, I run a javascript bookmark code that lets me enter any part of the name of the deck I want to load, and it loads it automatically without me having to manually scroll for it. https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14836

Genexwrecker wrote:The deck constructor currently has some limitations that if lifted cause problems with the site. until that can be lifted without causing issues with the site more deck organization is gonna be a bit off in the distance.

Why not add an official feature to let people quickly search for a deck and load it automatically by typing in that deck's name instead of manually scrolling through all their decks for it?

Currently, if I have deck1, deck2, deck3, and so on, all way up to deck1000, and I'm currently at deck1 but want to automatically load and access deck777, I have to spend like 10 to 20 seconds carefully scroll through decks 2 through 776, being careful not to accidentally scroll past deck777, until I reach deck777, when instead I could just type in 777 and it will take me straight to that deck, all within less than 2 seconds.

If I can program an unofficial feature like this into a bookmark on my browser, the developers can definitely program an official feature like this into the system.

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Wed May 19, 2021 4:58 pm

Oh stuff like that has been programmed before but certain features once implemented cause the site to crash. That is why certain features have been removed. Deck organizing if fairly high on the priority list.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Christen57

Post #6 by Christen57 » Thu May 20, 2021 12:54 am

Genexwrecker wrote:Oh stuff like that has been programmed before but certain features once implemented cause the site to crash. That is why certain features have been removed. Deck organizing if fairly high on the priority list.

My code to quickly search for decks isn't crashing duelingbook. You're probably just doing it wrong.

Return to “Suggestions”