New Duel Section

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Lil Oldman
Mood:

New Duel Section

Post #1 by Lil Oldman » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:55 am

Separate Customs into Normal Customs and Rush Customs or a way to distinct them from one another in the duel room, it could spark the curiosity of some custom creators into that terrain, because how it is now, it is close to impossible to get a proper duel with Rush Customs.
Checky edit: Maybe not an entire section, but maybe a small checkbox (idk how they are called) that says Rush duel, like how there is a Tag and Classic checkbox.
Last edited by Lil Oldman on Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:23 am

get more people who actually play rush duels and this will move up from the negative bottom of the priority ladder
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Renji Asuka

Post #3 by Renji Asuka » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:24 am

Genexwrecker wrote:get more people who actually play rush duels and this will move up from the negative bottom of the priority ladder

Why not make events to try and get people interested in Rush Duels?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:03 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:get more people who actually play rush duels and this will move up from the negative bottom of the priority ladder

Because it isn’t ygo

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:09 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

Because it isn’t ygo

Is that what you thought about Speed Duels as well?
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #6 by Renji Asuka » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:44 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

Because it isn’t ygo

You do realize Rush Duels is yugioh right?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #7 by troglyte » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:34 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

Because it isn’t ygo

I don't want Rush Duels to be whatever you think YGO is. Do you SEE what modern YGO is right now? It's a trash heap. It is a cancerous tumor that has has grown far beyond being fixable. Every year they have to power creep their old cards just to maintain interest in the game. And then they ban those very cards when everyone buys them. Pendulums may be a spectacular failure, but Links are just flat out boring. They add nothing fresh or new to the game. They're just the poor man's Synchros, another combo piece on your way to your 10-minute turn 1 board. Every viable deck nowadays has devolved into going first, and stopping your opponent from playing the game, regardless if you're playing aggro or control. I've given up on modern YGO.

Rush Duels has been the breath of fresh air that I needed. I actually have fun while playing both casually and competitively. I actually get excited to see what new support is being announced. It's a format where all the toxic fat has been cut out and you can focus on fighting your opponent. Aggro decks actually feel like aggro decks. There's a good amount of control/tempo strategies. And pulling off combos doesn't take 5 minutes! You can now spend that time wondering what traps your opponent has set. It's fast-paced, it's dynamic, it's interactive, and there's a healthy amount of deck archetypes to choose from, even with a little over a year's worth of cards in the format.

The Rush Duel Fanboy has spoken. Support Rush Duels!
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

greg503

Post #8 by greg503 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:52 pm

troglyte wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Why not make events to try and get people interested in Rush Duels?

Because it isn’t ygo

I don't want Rush Duels to be whatever you think YGO is. Do you SEE what modern YGO is right now? It's a trash heap. It is a cancerous tumor that has has grown far beyond being fixable. Every year they have to power creep their old cards just to maintain interest in the game. And then they ban those very cards when everyone buys them. Pendulums may be a spectacular failure, but Links are just flat out boring. They add nothing fresh or new to the game. They're just the poor man's Synchros, another combo piece on your way to your 10-minute turn 1 board. Every viable deck nowadays has devolved into going first, and stopping your opponent from playing the game, regardless if you're playing aggro or control. I've given up on modern YGO.

Rush Duels has been the breath of fresh air that I needed. I actually have fun while playing both casually and competitively. I actually get excited to see what new support is being announced. It's a format where all the toxic fat has been cut out and you can focus on fighting your opponent. Aggro decks actually feel like aggro decks. There's a good amount of control/tempo strategies. And pulling off combos doesn't take 5 minutes! You can now spend that time wondering what traps your opponent has set. It's fast-paced, it's dynamic, it's interactive, and there's a healthy amount of deck archetypes to choose from, even with a little over a year's worth of cards in the format.

For something called "Rush Duels" they sure don't end in 3 turns like Yugioh does
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #9 by Genexwrecker » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:26 am

troglyte wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Why not make events to try and get people interested in Rush Duels?

Because it isn’t ygo

If you can get 100 active db users playing in rush duels I will pitch it to xteven myself.

Return to “Suggestions”