Microphone Feature For Dueling Book

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Pharaoh-Peter

Microphone Feature For Dueling Book

Post #1 by Pharaoh-Peter » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:25 am

Hello everyone my name is Peter.

I posted a status on my profile about the possibility of having a microphone feature.

I wanted to know if people were open to the idea and the response I got was interesting.

A few people said they would be concerned about people raging or swearing and saying bad things which is true that could happen but at least "HEAR ME OUT"....

Dueling Book could implement this feature for maybe a month or so to test it out and also get polls from the player base to see if people like it or not. It does not hurt to test out new features as I can see they already implemented so many other game modes. Why isn't their a microphone option?

Now my idea was that the session between the 2 duellers would be an "OPTIONAL" feature that could be enabled by either player while also having a mute button OR both players have to agree to use microphone's for it to work. Many other online multiplayer games have microphones but why not Yu-Gi-Oh?

Now in terms of swearing and so forth I suggested that the microphones could record a file of what both players say and if one of them says something inappropriate for example you could have a strike on their account etc that could lead up to temporary suspension/ban depending on the amount of strikes they have. Of course by swearing I mean the "EXTREME" words that are hurtful or offensive. Not simple swear words like dam*, as* (Just my idea)

Again this could all be "OPTIONAL" and their would be mute buttons so you could still duel as normal.

Having this feature especially during Covid might make the interaction more fun or feel as if it were in person. Not only that it could potentially save time in duels for judges. This also could increase the bond between cool players and perhaps help you make more friends on the platform and so may other things.

Now my main question to anyone reading this especially admins is... who do I have to contact to get something like this to happen? Who's in charge of doing these things? I'd really like to reach out. If anyone knows please let me know.

Also leave your feedback on this idea below because i'd love to hear if you would want something like this or how to make it better.

Sincerely

Pharaoh-Peter

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:45 am

"discord voice chat"
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Pharaoh-Peter

Post #3 by Pharaoh-Peter » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:07 am

Genexwrecker wrote:"discord voice chat"

Yeah discord can work but that's better used for friends you already have in private duels. I'm specifically talking about advanced Singles & Matches.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #4 by Darkraiclone » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:31 am

Sounds like a pretty good thing, though I can pretty much see the events of people coming in on a big huge quarrel fight between two duelists. Which could be entertaining if the duel records would be able to record them.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:33 am

Pharaoh-Peter wrote:

Yeah discord can work but that's better used for friends you already have in private duels. I'm specifically talking about advanced Singles & Matches.

No we have no way to monitor that or penalize those who abuse it.

Slitina

Post #6 by Slitina » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:06 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:Sounds like a pretty good thing, though I can pretty much see the events of people coming in on a big huge quarrel fight between two duelists. Which could be entertaining if the duel records would be able to record them.

Oh god just thinking of that makes me imagine how a certain person would rage quit.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #7 by Jedx_EX » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:47 pm

Slitina wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:Sounds like a pretty good thing, though I can pretty much see the events of people coming in on a big huge quarrel fight between two duelists. Which could be entertaining if the duel records would be able to record them.

Oh god just thinking of that makes me imagine how a certain person would rage quit.

Yeah, I have one in mind.

PENMASTER

Post #8 by PENMASTER » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:59 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Pharaoh-Peter wrote:

No we have no way to monitor that or penalize those who abuse it.

i mean its optional and people can take their own records and stuff i don't see why you said something about monitoring yall don't do much of that people have to call and report as we have it now plus the word optional also how would it be abused people can chose to have it and could turn it off and ya know volume buttons
love2hate

Genexwrecker

Post #9 by Genexwrecker » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:26 pm

People who have behavior that break the rules have it adressed when reported. I garuntee you that is the case everytime.

Allowing people to have a microphone to possible harass people and we would have no proof of anything happening to deal with it if they take such behavior into ranked.

This would also mess with how rulings would work on timing issues.

PENMASTER

Post #10 by PENMASTER » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:37 am

same thing if people use discord like you said bro my guy some people use discord on rated I've seen a few cases but like why not say people should record while using it i mean the word optional is there to and disabling it in rated is an option to
love2hate

Return to “Suggestions”