Instructions on how to flip your deck without Convulsion of Nature and put cards in the opponent's hand without Exchange

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Christen57

Instructions on how to flip your deck without Convulsion of Nature and put cards in the opponent's hand without Exchange

Post #1 by Christen57 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:06 pm

Currently, in duels and in solo mode, every time you hover your mouse over a card in your hand, duelingbook brings up a little menu listing the things you can do with that card, such as revealing it, declaring it, placing it on the top or bottom of the deck, banishing it, sending it to the graveyard, summoning it (if it's a monster), activating it (if it's a spell/trap), and so on.

After that, duelingbook checks if certain cards, such as Exchange, are face-up on the field with an effect that requires a player to put a card in their opponent's hand. If such a card exists, duelingbook will include in the little menu the option to take that card you hovered your mouse over that is in your hand and put that card in your opponent's hand.

Also, every time you hover your mouse over your deck, duelingbook brings up a little menu listing the things you can do with your deck, such as viewing it, showing it to your opponent, banishing the top card of it face-up or face-down, sending the top card from it to the graveyard, shuffling it, drawing a card from it, and so on.

After that, duelingbook checks if a certain card such as Convulsion of Nature is face-up on the field with an effect that requires you to flip your deck, and if such a card exists, or if no card exists but your deck is still face-up due to being previously flipped face-up, duelingbook will include in the little menu the option to flip your deck.

Also, every time you hover your mouse over a field spell in your deck while viewing said deck, duelingbook brings up a little menu listing the things you can do with that field spell, such as banishing it face-up or face-down, sending it to the graveyard, activating it, adding it to your hand, and so on.

After that, duelingbook checks if a certain card such as Set Rotation is face-up on the field with an effect that requires you to place a field spell in your opponent's field zone, and if such a card exists on the field, duelingbook will include in the little menu the option to place that field spell in your opponent's field zone.

Now let's say you want to put a card in your opponent's hand, flip your deck, place a field spell from your deck in your opponent's field zone, or banish a random card from your extra deck, but don't have any of the required face-up cards on the field necessary to have the option to do any of these tasks, or you do have a face-up card on the field with an effect that requires you to do one of these tasks but Xteven either didn't program or forgot to program that card to be able to let you perform that task.

That's where javascript comes in. With some javascript code, you can make it possible to do all of the above mentioned tasks, and more, without needing any of the required programmed cards face-up on the field to be able to do so.

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=58994-26564203

To use javascript, you need to make sure javascript is enabled and allowed on your browser and on duelingbook, and refresh/reload the page if you need to.

Create a new javascript bookmark, or edit an already-existing one, and name it whatever you want. I will be naming mine "give cards to opponent".

In the URL/Address/Location box, copy and paste this code:

Code: Select all

javascript:function findCard(a) {if (a != "Question" && a != "Jack-In-The-Hand") {return true} else {return false}}

Save your bookmark.

Go to duelingbook, click your bookmark, and then, until you either refresh/reload the duelingbook page, close the tab/browser, or switch to a different tab/browser, you will always be able to perform the aforementioned tasks, solo mode after solo mode, duel after duel, without requiring any specific face-up cards on the field to be able to do so.

Remember how I said that duelingbook normally checks which programmed cards are face-up on the field before making the options available to perform those corresponding tasks? Well, it's hard for me to explain in full detail how this code works, but basically this code tricks duelingbook into thinking that all of the appropriate programmed cards (Convulsion of Nature, Exchange, Set Rotation, and so on) are face-up on the field, even if none of them really are, causing duelingbook to make these options available for you at all times.

Now if any new card gets released in the future (or if there are any already-existing cards on duelingbook) that require a player to flip their deck, put a card in their opponent's hand, put a field spell in their opponent's field zone, or remove a random card from their extra deck, but Xteven either doesn't program or forgets to program that card to let that player perform that required task, players can fall back on this javascript code to acquire the option to do these tasks.

james123
Mood:

Post #2 by james123 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:20 pm

Looks kinda Illegal but fun at the Same time! If they see you in rated with these Scripts, something's bad gonna happen...

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:41 pm

james123 wrote:Looks kinda Illegal but fun at the Same time! If they see you in rated with these Scripts, something's bad gonna happen...

Nah it's perfectly legal and already possible to set spells/traps from your hand to the monster zone, put cards in your opponent's hand, put field spells in your opponent's field zone, and banish random cards from the extra deck, as long as you have the appropriate programmed face-up card on the field. This code simply makes it so you don't need any of those face-up cards on the field to be able to do these things.

KTeknis

Post #4 by KTeknis » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:34 am

Kinda remind me when I face an opponent In Custom Card who have a card that makes the opponent Banish 3 random ED card face down, like Pot of Extravagance. He banished a copy of Pot of Extravagance at the start of the duel, then when he activate that effect, he place that Extravagance into the field and hand it to me for me to activate.

I can see this script might find some uses in Custom Cards.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #5 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:06 am

KTeknis wrote:Kinda remind me when I face an opponent In Custom Card who have a card that makes the opponent Banish 3 random ED card face down, like Pot of Extravagance. He banished a copy of Pot of Extravagance at the start of the duel, then when he activate that effect, he place that Extravagance into the field and hand it to me for me to activate.

I can see this script might find some uses in Custom Cards.

thing is though they should already make some of these options for customs.
b

KTeknis

Post #6 by KTeknis » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:15 am

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:thing is though they should already make some of these options for customs.

Probably, but tbh I'm kinda pessimistic that It would happen.

Although there's one thing I wondered, It seems that the script makes it so that the game treats as if all cards that allow extra actions like Convulsion of Nature, Magical Hats, etc is face-up on the field, but the script seems to exclude Question and Jack in the Hand.

Also, is it possible to enable actions that are card specific with script too, like Time Thief Redoer's topdeck yoink, or Extravagance's Banish Random ED Cards.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #7 by Jedx_EX » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:15 pm

KTeknis wrote:
Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:thing is though they should already make some of these options for customs.

Although there's one thing I wondered, It seems that the script makes it so that the game treats as if all cards that allow extra actions like Convulsion of Nature, Magical Hats, etc is face-up on the field, but the script seems to exclude Question and Jack in the Hand.

Also, is it possible to enable actions that are card specific with script too, like Time Thief Redoer's topdeck yoink, or Extravagance's Banish Random ED Cards.

Before this, I made Custom Cards that match the name of "Green Button" cards that are kept in the Extra Deck, (but I hardly ever used them).

Convulsion of Nature:
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2230821
Jack-In-The-Hand:
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2231738
Magical Hats:
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2230890
Pot of Extravagance:
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2231753
Question:
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2226303
Set Rotation:
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2230833

Christen57

Post #8 by Christen57 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:57 pm

KTeknis wrote:

Question is a Normal Spell card with an effect that says "When activating this card, your opponent cannot check cards in the Graveyard."

Now, every time a player clicks on a graveyard, duelingbook first checks if Question is face-up on the field. If not, duelingbook let's that player view that graveyard as normal, but if it is face-up on the field, duelingbook blocks that player from viewing that graveyard (nothing happens when they click the graveyard, it doesn't show up) until Question is removed from the field.

The reason I excluded Question is because when I didn't exclude it, the code would trick duelingbook into thinking that all of the programmed cards that allow specific actions like Convulsion of Nature and whatnot are face-up on the field, but it would also trick duelingbook into thinking that Question was face-up on the field, causing duelingbook to never allow me to view any graveyard.

Question had to be excluded when running this code or else duelingbook would permanently block me from viewing the graveyard in any of my duels or solo mode.

I also ended up having to exclude Jack-In-The-Hand because when I didn't exclude that, duelingbook would include the option to add a card in your hand to your opponent's hand twice.

As you can see, there's the option to add the card to the opponent's hand for Exchange, and a second option to add the card to the opponent's hand for Jack-In-The-Hand.

I didn't think it would be necessary to have 2 options that do the exact same thing, so I excluded Jack-In-The-Hand so only 1 option to put the card in the opponent's hand would appear instead of 2.

Nothiccupcake

Post #9 by Nothiccupcake » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:58 pm

Whenever I try editing a bookmark it doesn't show address nor location box

Christen57

Post #10 by Christen57 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:00 pm

Nothiccupcake wrote:Whenever I try editing a bookmark it doesn't show address nor location box

What browser are you using?

Christen57

Post #12 by Christen57 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:23 pm

Nothiccupcake wrote:I'm using chrome

You should be able to edit a bookmark on google chrome by right-clicking on it and clicking "Edit..."

You should be able to create any bookmark on google chrome by right clicking an empty part of the bookmark bar, then clicking "Bookmark manager" to open up the bookmark manager page, then clicking the 3 dots at the top right corner of the screen and then clicking "Add new bookmark".

The URL box is where you would paste the code in this case. Some browsers such as google chrome call it the URL box. Other browsers such as Firefox call it the Location box, but they're still the same.

Nothiccupcake

Post #13 by Nothiccupcake » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:26 pm

Oh yea it works, thanks. Now how do I know the list of commands I can add outside of the exchange one?

Nothiccupcake

Post #14 by Nothiccupcake » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:27 pm

Oh wait you added everything nvm

Nothiccupcake

Post #15 by Nothiccupcake » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:32 pm

Is there a way to set monsters in the spell/trap zones like artifacts?

Christen57

Post #16 by Christen57 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:05 pm

Nothiccupcake wrote:Is there a way to set monsters in the spell/trap zones like artifacts?

I looked into that, and unfortunately, no, I can't seem to make that possible at the moment.

However, if you include the phrase "You can Set this card from your hand to your Spell" in any monster's effect, even if it's a custom card, ritual monster, or even a normal monster, duelingbook should allow you to set it to the spell/trap zone.

When hovering your mouse over any monster in your hand, even if it's a ritual or normal monster, duelingbook checks if the phrase "You can Set this card from your hand to your Spell" is anywhere in that monster's text. If it is, you will see the option to set it to your spell/trap zone, as shown here: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=58994-26594144

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #17 by Jedx_EX » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:45 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Nothiccupcake wrote:Is there a way to set monsters in the spell/trap zones like artifacts?

I looked into that, and unfortunately, no, I can't seem to make that possible at the moment.

However, if you include the phrase "You can Set this card from your hand to your Spell" in any monster's effect, even if it's a custom card, ritual monster, or even a normal monster, duelingbook should allow you to set it to the spell/trap zone.

When hovering your mouse over any monster in your hand, even if it's a ritual or normal monster, duelingbook checks if the phrase "You can Set this card from your hand to your Spell" is anywhere in that monster's text. If it is, you will see the option to set it to your spell/trap zone, as shown here: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=58994-26594144

I haven't played Artifacts, so I thought they only check for names. Thanks for the revelation. What else do they check for in cards?

Christen57

Post #18 by Christen57 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:02 pm

Jedx_EX wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

I haven't played Artifacts, so I thought they only check for names. Thanks for the revelation. What else do they check for in cards?

After looking at duelingbook's code, here are some other things checked.

When hovering your mouse over any spell/trap in your graveyard, duelingbook checks to see if it's name is any of the following:

"First-Aid Squad"
"Paleozoic Olenoides"
"Paleozoic Hallucigenia"
"Paleozoic Canadia"
"Paleozoic Pikaia"
"Paleozoic Eldonia"
"Paleozoic Dinomischus"
"Paleozoic Marrella"
"Paleozoic Leanchoilia"
"The Phantom Knights of Dark Gauntlets"
"The Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil"
"The Prime Monarch"

If that spell/trap is any of these names, you will see the option to special summon it from the graveyard in addition to the other options when hovering your mouse over it, even if it's a custom card. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=58994-26629922

Another thing duelingbook checks is if any card, even if it's a custom card, has the phrase "This card can attack while in face-up Defense Position" anywhere in it's text. If it does, you will be able to declare attacks with it while it's in defense position. This is to allow Superheavy Samurai monsters and whatnot to attack while they're in defense position if they have effects that say they can. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=58994-26630160

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #19 by Jedx_EX » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:15 pm

If I thought about it, I wouldn't have forgotten about the "TrapMons" or "SuperheavySams", but thank you for your time answering our questions.

robinatk

Post #20 by robinatk » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:07 am

When using Card of Fate I can only select 1 card, any chance this can be 3 such as Crowley? 1 is a bit useless as you can just search deck and add to hand
Any cards that let you check the top 3 cards of your own deck and add 1 to hand and then place back in any order?

Return to “Suggestions”