Instructions on how to flip your deck without Convulsion of Nature and put cards in the opponent's hand without Exchange

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
WhomAmI

Re: Instructions on how to flip your deck without Convulsion of Nature and put cards in the opponent's hand without Exch

Post #41 by WhomAmI » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:40 am

1. No
2. He spammed hyperlinks using javascript spam to slow my browser down

Any way to get that function?

Christen57

Post #42 by Christen57 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:43 pm

WhomAmI wrote:1. No
2. He spammed hyperlinks using javascript spam to slow my browser down

Any way to get that function?

Save the replay and report the matter on the forum using the Report Abuse page.

eyal282

Post #43 by eyal282 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:27 pm

Christen57 wrote:Currently, in duels and in solo mode, every time you hover your mouse over a card in your hand, duelingbook brings up a little menu listing the things you can do with that card, such as revealing it, declaring it, placing it on the top or bottom of the deck, banishing it, sending it to the graveyard, summoning it (if it's a monster), activating it (if it's a spell/trap), and so on.

After that, duelingbook checks if certain cards, such as Exchange, are face-up on the field with an effect that requires a player to put a card in their opponent's hand. If such a card exists, duelingbook will include in the little menu the option to take that card you hovered your mouse over that is in your hand and put that card in your opponent's hand.

Also, every time you hover your mouse over your deck, duelingbook brings up a little menu listing the things you can do with your deck, such as viewing it, showing it to your opponent, banishing the top card of it face-up or face-down, sending the top card from it to the graveyard, shuffling it, drawing a card from it, and so on.

After that, duelingbook checks if a certain card such as Convulsion of Nature is face-up on the field with an effect that requires you to flip your deck, and if such a card exists, or if no card exists but your deck is still face-up due to being previously flipped face-up, duelingbook will include in the little menu the option to flip your deck.

Also, every time you hover your mouse over a field spell in your deck while viewing said deck, duelingbook brings up a little menu listing the things you can do with that field spell, such as banishing it face-up or face-down, sending it to the graveyard, activating it, adding it to your hand, and so on.

After that, duelingbook checks if a certain card such as Set Rotation is face-up on the field with an effect that requires you to place a field spell in your opponent's field zone, and if such a card exists on the field, duelingbook will include in the little menu the option to place that field spell in your opponent's field zone.

Now let's say you want to put a card in your opponent's hand, flip your deck, place a field spell from your deck in your opponent's field zone, or banish a random card from your extra deck, but don't have any of the required face-up cards on the field necessary to have the option to do any of these tasks, or you do have a face-up card on the field with an effect that requires you to do one of these tasks but Xteven either didn't program or forgot to program that card to be able to let you perform that task.

That's where javascript comes in. With some javascript code, you can make it possible to do all of the above mentioned tasks, and more, without needing any of the required programmed cards face-up on the field to be able to do so.

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=58994-26564203

To use javascript, you need to make sure javascript is enabled and allowed on your browser and on duelingbook, and refresh/reload the page if you need to.

Create a new javascript bookmark, or edit an already-existing one, and name it whatever you want. I will be naming mine "give cards to opponent".

In the URL/Address/Location box, copy and paste this code:

Code: Select all

javascript:function findCard(a) {if (a != "Question" && a != "Jack-In-The-Hand") {return true} else {return false}}

Save your bookmark.

Go to duelingbook, click your bookmark, and then, until you either refresh/reload the duelingbook page, close the tab/browser, or switch to a different tab/browser, you will always be able to perform the aforementioned tasks, solo mode after solo mode, duel after duel, without requiring any specific face-up cards on the field to be able to do so.

Remember how I said that duelingbook normally checks which programmed cards are face-up on the field before making the options available to perform those corresponding tasks? Well, it's hard for me to explain in full detail how this code works, but basically this code tricks duelingbook into thinking that all of the appropriate programmed cards (Convulsion of Nature, Exchange, Set Rotation, and so on) are face-up on the field, even if none of them really are, causing duelingbook to make these options available for you at all times.

Now if any new card gets released in the future (or if there are any already-existing cards on duelingbook) that require a player to flip their deck, put a card in their opponent's hand, put a field spell in their opponent's field zone, or remove a random card from their extra deck, but Xteven either doesn't program or forgets to program that card to let that player perform that required task, players can fall back on this javascript code to acquire the option to do these tasks.

Absolutely superceded.
https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/add ... ppjfnonlic

Christen57

Post #44 by Christen57 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:57 pm

eyal282 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:Currently, in duels and in solo mode, every time you hover your mouse over a card in your hand, duelingbook brings up a little menu listing the things you can do with that card, such as revealing it, declaring it, placing it on the top or bottom of the deck, banishing it, sending it to the graveyard, summoning it (if it's a monster), activating it (if it's a spell/trap), and so on.

After that, duelingbook checks if certain cards, such as Exchange, are face-up on the field with an effect that requires a player to put a card in their opponent's hand. If such a card exists, duelingbook will include in the little menu the option to take that card you hovered your mouse over that is in your hand and put that card in your opponent's hand.

Also, every time you hover your mouse over your deck, duelingbook brings up a little menu listing the things you can do with your deck, such as viewing it, showing it to your opponent, banishing the top card of it face-up or face-down, sending the top card from it to the graveyard, shuffling it, drawing a card from it, and so on.

After that, duelingbook checks if a certain card such as Convulsion of Nature is face-up on the field with an effect that requires you to flip your deck, and if such a card exists, or if no card exists but your deck is still face-up due to being previously flipped face-up, duelingbook will include in the little menu the option to flip your deck.

Also, every time you hover your mouse over a field spell in your deck while viewing said deck, duelingbook brings up a little menu listing the things you can do with that field spell, such as banishing it face-up or face-down, sending it to the graveyard, activating it, adding it to your hand, and so on.

After that, duelingbook checks if a certain card such as Set Rotation is face-up on the field with an effect that requires you to place a field spell in your opponent's field zone, and if such a card exists on the field, duelingbook will include in the little menu the option to place that field spell in your opponent's field zone.

Now let's say you want to put a card in your opponent's hand, flip your deck, place a field spell from your deck in your opponent's field zone, or banish a random card from your extra deck, but don't have any of the required face-up cards on the field necessary to have the option to do any of these tasks, or you do have a face-up card on the field with an effect that requires you to do one of these tasks but Xteven either didn't program or forgot to program that card to be able to let you perform that task.

That's where javascript comes in. With some javascript code, you can make it possible to do all of the above mentioned tasks, and more, without needing any of the required programmed cards face-up on the field to be able to do so.

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=58994-26564203

To use javascript, you need to make sure javascript is enabled and allowed on your browser and on duelingbook, and refresh/reload the page if you need to.

Create a new javascript bookmark, or edit an already-existing one, and name it whatever you want. I will be naming mine "give cards to opponent".

In the URL/Address/Location box, copy and paste this code:

javascript:function findCard(a) {if (a != "Question" && a != "Jack-In-The-Hand") {return true} else {return false}}

Save your bookmark.

Go to duelingbook, click your bookmark, and then, until you either refresh/reload the duelingbook page, close the tab/browser, or switch to a different tab/browser, you will always be able to perform the aforementioned tasks, solo mode after solo mode, duel after duel, without requiring any specific face-up cards on the field to be able to do so.

Remember how I said that duelingbook normally checks which programmed cards are face-up on the field before making the options available to perform those corresponding tasks? Well, it's hard for me to explain in full detail how this code works, but basically this code tricks duelingbook into thinking that all of the appropriate programmed cards (Convulsion of Nature, Exchange, Set Rotation, and so on) are face-up on the field, even if none of them really are, causing duelingbook to make these options available for you at all times.

Now if any new card gets released in the future (or if there are any already-existing cards on duelingbook) that require a player to flip their deck, put a card in their opponent's hand, put a field spell in their opponent's field zone, or remove a random card from their extra deck, but Xteven either doesn't program or forgets to program that card to let that player perform that required task, players can fall back on this javascript code to acquire the option to do these tasks.

Absolutely superceded.

Impressive, though it might still be safer to use my method of doing this than a third-party extension like yours, because with my method, at least people can see all the code they're loading into their duelingbook client and thus know they aren't loading in any code that's malicious, whereas with a third-party extension, since I can't see exactly what code I'm loading in or see every single thing the extension's been programmed to do, I have no idea if any malware or malicious code was snuck into it, or if the extension's doing something malicious behind the scenes.

Is there any way for us to see every bit of code that this extension loads and executes? If not, what's stopping you, or anyone else who decides to create their own custom duelingbook extension like you did just now, from simply updating and changing the extension so it secretly records and logs usernames and passwords that people who install these extensions type to log in, allowing accounts to end up getting hijacked or something?
Last edited by Christen57 on Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eyal282

Post #45 by eyal282 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:01 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Eyal282 wrote:Absolutely superceded.

Impressive, though it might still be safer to use my method of doing this than a third-party extension like yours, because with my method, at least people can see all the code they're loading into their duelingbook client and thus know they aren't loading in any code that's malicious, whereas with a third-party extension, since I can't see exactly what code I'm loading in or see every single thing the extension's been programmed to do, I have no idea if any malware or malicious code was snuck into it, or if the extension's doing something malicious behind the scenes.

Is there any way for us to see every bit of code that this extension loads and executes? If not, what's stopping you, or anyone else who decides to create their own custom duelingbook extension like you did just now, from simply updating the code so it records and logs my username and password that I type to log in, allowing accounts to end up getting hijacked or something?

Dueling Book Unlock Github

After digging recently, I have reasons to believe what you're saying is possible, regarding hijacking. With that in mind, note that edge and chrome store actually monitor extensions, and I imagine the term "password" as a variable is on their internal monitor list.

Christen57

Post #46 by Christen57 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:15 pm

eyal282 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Eyal282 wrote:Absolutely superceded.

Is there any way for us to see every bit of code that this extension loads and executes? If not, what's stopping you, or anyone else who decides to create their own custom duelingbook extension like you did just now, from simply updating the code so it records and logs my username and password that I type to log in, allowing accounts to end up getting hijacked or something?

After digging recently, I have reasons to believe what you're saying is possible, regarding hijacking. With that in mind, note that edge and chrome store actually monitor extensions, and I imagine the term "password" as a variable is on their internal monitor list.

Okay, and to be clear (since I'm not familiar with github), your extension loads/executes just all these codes listed, from "LICENSE" to "onextensionpressed.js"?

eyal282

Post #47 by eyal282 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:17 pm

Christen57 wrote:
eyal282 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Okay, and to be clear (since I'm not familiar with github), your extension loads/executes just all these codes listed, from "LICENSE" to "onextensionpressed.js"?

License is something weird I cannot explain. It basically talks stuff about how you're allowed to sell my extension ( pls don't )
So I make it GPL 3.0, which is something I tend to use.

Others are correct.

onextensionpressed is when you press the extension's icon, this is to enable Pot of Greed sound as an opt in feature.

Keep in mind, nothing is stopping me from uploading fake scripts to github and install a virus in the real extension I provide. The issue is getting it to pass through microsoft edge's screening for 10 versions.

Christen57

Post #48 by Christen57 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:21 pm

Optimized my code to make it both easier to read and faster to run. Here's the updated code.

javascript:function findCard(a) {
   outerloop:
   switch (a[0]) {
      default:
         return true;
         break;
      case "Contract with Don Thousand":
         switch (document.getElementById("view").querySelector("[class='title_txt arial_rounded20']").textContent) {
            default:
               return true;
               break outerloop;
            case "Viewing Deck":
            case "Viewing Extra Deck":
               return false;
               break outerloop;
         }
      case "Gift Exchange":
      case "Jack-In-The-Hand":
      case "Question":
         return false;