Format Specific Duels

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Format Specific Duels

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:51 am

Ok so as we all know we are able to host in advanced, traditional, unlimited, goat, speed, rush or custom card duels right... my idea is simple: allow us to pick a particular ban list to apply to the duel.

So how does this work? Simple:
1: cards from 2002 to whatever year the format is from will be allowed to be used in said duel. For example if one wants the duel with the 9/1/07 ban list then all cards released from 2002 to 2007 are fair game. anything from 2008 to current date are not allowed. (its a more complicated than "simple" when you consider having to look up the ban list and every cards release date)

2: whatever format was selected, the duel will follow that ban list.

for example if i picked 9/1/07 ban/limited list then the following cards would not be allowed in ones deck if they intend to join as they were banned at that time - heres a link to provide the ban list of that 9/1/07: https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/September_2007_Lists_(TCG)
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End, Chaos Sorcerer, Cyber Jar, Cyber-Stein, Fiber Jar, Magical Scientist, Makyura the Destructor, Sinister Serpent, Thousand-Eyes Restrict, Tribe-Infecting Virus, Tsukuyomi, Victory Dragon, Witch of the Black Forest, Yata-Garasu, Butterfly Dagger - Elma, Change of Heart, Confiscation, Dark Hole, Delinquent Duo, Graceful Charity, Harpie's, Feather Duster, Last Will, Metamorphosis, Mirage of Nightmare, Monster Reborn, Painful Choice, Pot of Greed, Raigeki, Snatch Steal, The Forceful Sentry, Exchange of the Spirit, Imperial Order, Last Turn, Ring of Destruction, Time Seal.

The Following cards were limited in 9/1/07:
Breaker the Magical Warrior, Card Trooper, D.D. Warrior Lady, Dark Magician of Chaos, Dandylion, Destiny HERO - Disk Commander, Elemental HERO Stratos, Exodia the Forbidden One, Green Baboon Defender of the Forest, Left Arm of the Forbidden One, Left Leg of the Forbidden One, Magician of Faith, Marshmallon, Morphing Jar, Neo-Spacian Grand Mole, Night Assailant, Right Arm of the Forbidden One, Right Leg of the Forbidden One, Sangan, Snipe Hunter, Spirit Reaper, Treeborn Frog, Twin-Headed Behemoth, Book of Moon, Brain Control, Card Destruction, Chain Strike, Dimension Fusion, Fissure, Future Fusion, Giant Trunade, Gold Sarcophagus, Heavy Storm, Level Limit - Area B, Limiter Removal, Mage Power, Magical Stone Excavation, Megamorph, Mystical Space Typhoon, Overload Fusion, Premature Burial, Scapegoat, Smashing Ground, Swords of Revealing Light, United We Stand, Call of the Haunted, Ceasefire, Crush Card Virus, Gravity Bind, Magic Cylinder, Mind Crush, Mirror Force, The Transmigration Prophecy, Torrential Tribute, Trap Dustshoot, Ultimate Offering, Wall of Revealing Light. So anyone who had more than one copy of any of these cards would be able to join one who hosting under the 9/1/07 format.

The Following cards were semi limited in 9/1/07:
Apprentice Magician, Destiny HERO - Malicious, Green Gadget, Jinzo, Manticore of Darkness, Mask of Darkness, Red Gadget, Yellow Gadget, Creature Swap, Nobleman of Crossout, Pot of Avarice, Reinforcement of the Army, Reckless Greed, Royal Decree. So anyone who had more than two copies of any of these cards would be able to join one who is hosting under the 9/1/07 format.

now granted this would require the staff of DB to research every single banlist, this would also make it easier to make sure people are following said requested ban list, and allow people to duel under their favorite format ban lists and allow players to enjoy yugioh based on a time that they liked the most.

i know you could just say said format in your duel note but most times people dont even read duel notes so why put something in a duel not if ppl arent going to read it? this idea i posted would make it so people would have to obey the forbidden/limited list as the host selected.

heck if this helps: ill just look up as many lists as possible. i already have 3 bookmarked:
- September 1, 2007 - https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/September_2007_Lists_(TCG)
- March 1, 2008 - https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/March_2008_Lists_(TCG)
- September 1, 2009 - https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/September_2009_Lists_(TCG)
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:44 am

Just don't complain when you get bodied by the meta of those formats, and don't try to ban even more from those formats like you always do
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:19 am

greg503 wrote:Just don't complain when you get bodied by the meta of those formats, and don't try to ban even more from those formats like you always do

then ill just include "no meta" in my duel notes!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #4 by NiwatoriFTW » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:41 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
greg503 wrote:Just don't complain when you get bodied by the meta of those formats, and don't try to ban even more from those formats like you always do

then ill just include "no meta" in my duel notes!

That's essentially what greg503 lastly told you not to do, but whatever, I guess.

Return to “Suggestions”