Mute system needs a fix

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Last Laugh

Re: Mute system needs a fix

Post #21 by Last Laugh » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:30 am

Yes genex please explain why everybody keeps saying this and does not know how long the mute is, respectfully ofc.

Genexwrecker

Post #22 by Genexwrecker » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:51 am

You guys seem to be getting muted and getting timed out mixed up with each other.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

skellingtron2

Post #23 by skellingtron2 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:36 am

Genexwrecker wrote:You haven’t read what was posted before they receive a very visible penalty and plenty of warning to knock it off before a mute is put in place. The mute is when you are out of second chances after we have communicated or already frozen you for spamming on mm

this is the most bs lie ive ever read, my other account, skellingtron, has been muted for almost 2 years without having ever been frozen, banned, or told that i was doing anything wrong

Genexwrecker

Post #24 by Genexwrecker » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:34 am

skellingtron2 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:You haven’t read what was posted before they receive a very visible penalty and plenty of warning to knock it off before a mute is put in place. The mute is when you are out of second chances after we have communicated or already frozen you for spamming on mm

this is the most bs lie ive ever read, my other account, skellingtron, has been muted for almost 2 years without having ever been frozen, banned, or told that i was doing anything wrong

What happened 2 years ago isn’t really a factor here.

Avianne

Post #25 by Avianne » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:35 am

Genexwrecker wrote:You guys seem to be getting muted and getting timed out mixed up with each other.

Is this your way of saying "I don't know how to answer your question" and just unable to prove our arguments invalid? You actually made me laugh
"Blind as a bee, bold like a bird"-Avianne

skellingtron2

Post #26 by skellingtron2 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:55 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
skellingtron2 wrote:

What happened 2 years ago isn’t really a factor here.

ah yes, dismissing other people's points without giving any explanation of why, the classic way of admitting defeat without actually doing so

anyways, if you use freezes as a makeshift warning system for mutes, then based on what literally everyone else says, you're clearly the only admin who does that, and you should not be trying to pass it of as common procedure, for the sake of both your own and other admins' credibility

DarkPhenix

Post #27 by DarkPhenix » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:40 am

Can we just give this a rest. All this senseless arguing is stupid and annoying. Stop trying to find little holes to exploit about the rules. If xteven wanted rules that were completely fool proof, they would have hired a lawyer to write them, but where is the fun in that?
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Last Laugh

Post #28 by Last Laugh » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:31 am

No offense genex but I don't think what you said is true.

People should have the right to know why they got muted and a mute should not be permenant, that is a JOKE

Christen57

Post #29 by Christen57 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:28 pm

Last Laugh wrote:No offense genex but I don't think what you said is true.

People should have the right to know why they got muted and a mute should not be permenant, that is a JOKE

I don't think mutes should exist at all. I think freezes/bans are more appropriate. At least then you know that you're frozen/banned.

Last Laugh

Post #30 by Last Laugh » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:20 pm

I agree tbh

PENMASTER

Post #31 by PENMASTER » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:31 pm

DarkPhenix wrote:Can we just give this a rest. All this senseless arguing is stupid and annoying. Stop trying to find little holes to exploit about the rules. If xteven wanted rules that were completely fool proof, they would have hired a lawyer to write them, but where is the fun in that?

rules arent fun the only fun thing is people like you making up the rules and giving bs reasons to say we arent gonna do shit and cant explain shit I've seen so many bs things and I've snapped with them and went to full debunk mode so how is it fun to leave loopholes and room for human error he should hire a lawyer to fix the rules cause yall cant
love2hate

PENMASTER

Post #32 by PENMASTER » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:33 pm

also give it a rest is bs to like the dark cyborg talk instead of letting people talk it out an end of a decision yall locked the thread you might as well not reply now cause anything yall say will be picked apart by us as it should
love2hate

Genexwrecker

Post #33 by Genexwrecker » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:52 am

applying freezes for offenses on main menu that fall under the spam category(aka anything abusing mm) is how things should always first be handled and is the only way a judge should handle the situation, unless what you did is extremely horrendus or merely ask the person to remove the posts and/or delete them. Your posts no longer being visible is the result of breaking the posting rules with no intent to stop.

I merely share what I am allowed to share on the subject not just what I know but what I can publicly speak about. How gettiing muted worked 2 years ago is completely different to how it is handled nowadays and that is why that really doesnt factor in to this discussion.

end of the day there is a very very very very simple thing users can do to avoid any kind of confusion.

"follow the rules and policies you agreed to when logging in". You dont have to worry about getting timed out. You dont have to worry about your posts not being visible, you dont have to worry about getting frozen.

As for how mutes are handled and how they are handled in the future is not something I can neither share nor influance.(believe me I have tried to get something on the penalty page about it).

Also darkphenix what you posted was pretty disrespectful if you dont have anything to add to the conversation that is either positive or involved in the topic itself it would be best not to post. The users in this thread have a fair argument they are upset cause there is a penalty system that is not made clear to the userbase. They have their reasons for not making it a black and white system but it has caused reasoanble frustration and earned harsh warranted criticism from the users.

PENMASTER

Post #34 by PENMASTER » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:00 am

Genexwrecker wrote:applying freezes for offenses on main menu that fall under the spam category(aka anything abusing mm) is how things should always first be handled and is the only way a judge should handle the situation, unless what you did is extremely horrendus or merely ask the person to remove the posts and/or delete them. Your posts no longer being visible is the result of breaking the posting rules with no intent to stop.

I merely share what I am allowed to share on the subject not just what I know but what I can publicly speak about. How gettiing muted worked 2 years ago is completely different to how it is handled nowadays and that is why that really doesnt factor in to this discussion.

end of the day there is a very very very very simple thing users can do to avoid any kind of confusion.

"follow the rules and policies you agreed to when logging in". You dont have to worry about getting timed out. You dont have to worry about your posts not being visible, you dont have to worry about getting frozen.

As for how mutes are handled and how they are handled in the future is not something I can neither share nor influance.(believe me I have tried to get something on the penalty page about it).

Also darkphenix what you posted was pretty disrespectful if you dont have anything to add to the conversation that is either positive or involved in the topic itself it would be best not to post. The users in this thread have a fair argument they are upset cause there is a penalty system that is not made clear to the userbase. They have their reasons for not making it a black and white system but it has caused reasoanble frustration and earned harsh warranted criticism from the users.

thank you for the real answer this time its really good and one more i think mutes should be appealable but this is a great thing to say but that's the last thing i have to say
love2hate

Genexwrecker

Post #35 by Genexwrecker » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:36 am

PENMASTER wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:applying freezes for offenses on main menu that fall under the spam category(aka anything abusing mm) is how things should always first be handled and is the only way a judge should handle the situation, unless what you did is extremely horrendus or merely ask the person to remove the posts and/or delete them. Your posts no longer being visible is the result of breaking the posting rules with no intent to stop.

thank you for the real answer this time its really good and one more i think mutes should be appealable but this is a great thing to say but that's the last thing i have to say

Sorry if my answers before were confusing I have to be careful about what I say in regards to this matter and how I say it.

Avianne

Post #36 by Avianne » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:40 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:

Sorry if my answers before were confusing I have to be careful about what I say in regards to this matter and how I say it.

Yeah thank you for something real that only you are saying this is how it works when it isn't even the case when anything can be left up to interpretation and a judge/admin can mute, freeze, and ban someone over the most pitiful of things. It's just corruption and an unfair system and the fact that the reason behind this can not be shared practically making anything you do un-appealable.

And I'm only complaining because you keep information like the reason why action was taken to yourselves. It should not be that private and should at least be shared with the person that is being held accountable as well. Making it harder to appeal, and hell you can even ban someone over nothing and get away with it entirely. It is both corrupt, and entirely unfair.

Last Laugh

Post #37 by Last Laugh » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:09 pm

Genexwrecker, mute is an issue and I feel that it's being abused and you're like the only judge who uses the forums so please tell me why MM still exsists when there has been a slaughter of MM users by mutes this last week alone. I know feel anxious I'm gonna be next :(

masterhyperion97, Xanax, Hatterene, !Thanos, notfrenchy

like MM is just shit so is there anything u can do to help these poor souls?

Avianne

Post #38 by Avianne » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:11 pm

The mute system is an issue but they don't care, they don't give you the right to know or the ability to even appeal it and it can be over something pity but the whole thing is a joke and shouldn't exist to begin with.

But they don't care because they are idiotic and corrupt because they don't know how to manage a site and refuse to admit to that fact. So they don't need a reason, they don't need to tell you shit. The only thing they will show you is the middle finger and walk out on you.

Who knows, maybe if they put their heads together then they might actually start co-operating with us and actually give us a reason why action was taken against our account and give us the ability to mute it. I might as well hack someone and get them muted and watch them suffer.

They don't do second chances, and they don't give you a reason why. That's how they are and how fucked up the system is. So might as well live with it since this isn't our site but theirs.

greg503

Post #39 by greg503 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:27 pm

Well, the Main Menu isn't the main feature of the site, so it isn't the worst punishment for most people.
Buy Floowandereeze

Avianne

Post #40 by Avianne » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:30 pm

greg503 wrote:Well, the Main Menu isn't the main feature of the site, so it isn't the worst punishment for most people.

It's a service people come here to use as well you dang ding bat

Return to “Suggestions”