Undo Command

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
skyelbow

Undo Command

Post #1 by skyelbow » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:13 pm

An undo command for times where an action was done by mistake and can't be undone in a way that their opponent can see that they undid it correctly. The most common scenario for me is when I play Drop Off/Drastic Drop Off and my opponent shuffles their hand after drawing the same time I play it, they can't prove they discarded the correct card. Other times is when someone falsely sends their face down card to their hand, then can't prove they reset the same card they returned.

I'm sure that this feature would be easy to implement because replays being supported implies that previous game states are already saved and can be restored. Additionally, making it a command means no new UI needs to be added. So an undo command would be appreciated.

robinatk

Post #2 by robinatk » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:41 pm

A replay is just a recording, not saving every action.
Why does your opp need to shuffle their hand in the DP? If they do and you had drop off and didn't give you a chance to respond then call a judge. If they accidentally added a set then call a judge they can see the logs. If it's casual either take it as trust or leave.

skyelbow

Post #3 by skyelbow » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:04 pm

I called a judge once for that scenario, and the judge told me that in the future let my opponent know before hand, which I can do, but sometimes puts me at a disadvantage. Although for unrated I just trust. Shuffling your hand to prevent your opponent from knowing if a card you play you just drew or were saving can give you a minor advantage, and since only a fraction of a percent of people play Drop Off so it is understandable that others don't anticipate it.

This feature is not necessary, but would be convenient for both players and judges. And if it is as easy to implement as I first thought, then think it would be a worthwhile thing to add.

DarkPhenix

Post #4 by DarkPhenix » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:14 pm

ha ha good one. Undo button
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Christen57

Post #5 by Christen57 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:41 pm

First of all, you can't shuffle your hand for no reason during the draw phase or standby phase. You can only do it during your main phase while the game state is open. This means if your opponent shuffles their hand right after drawing before you get to play drop off or drastic drop off, they've taken an illegal action and must either screenshot their logs/hand to show you what they drew, or have a judge come and resolve the issue.

A player cannot return a card from their field to the hand for no reason either. If they do, that too is an illegal move and must be fixed either by screenshotting and sending you their logs, by having a judge come and check what the card was, or if they can prove some other way which card they returned they can do that.

Genexwrecker

Post #6 by Genexwrecker » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:21 am

No
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Return to “Suggestions”