Dark Magical Cirlce

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
robinatk

Dark Magical Cirlce

Post #1 by robinatk » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:52 pm

Please add a button to resolve dark magical circle
I always draw my cards as there is no way of cheating and the amount of queues I have to be sat in where my opponent calls a judge because some people banish is unbelievable.
If there are any other cards banished face down there is no way to verify which cards are banished from circle and therefore should not be the way to resolve the card, at the moment drawing and then stacking your deck before revealing is the only way to have a log of which cards were adding from circle.
Please, for my sanity.... add a button to resolve this with a special green button.

DarkPhenix

Post #2 by DarkPhenix » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:57 pm

For Dueling Book you banish 3 of your top cards of your deck face down. If your opponent adds a card throught this effect, they must reveal it. Additionally, it is really easy to verify, as the cards are the top 3 banished cards, its not like they are mixed up. You and your opponent just need to pay attention in the duel and everything will be savvy
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

robinatk

Post #3 by robinatk » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:30 pm

This is a very poor way to resolve the card, if you have any other cards banished face down there is 0 verifcation on dueling book on which order the banished cards are in. Drawing is the only way currently that has logs.
Scenario: you activate desires and banish 10, you activate circle and banish 3, which of the 13 cards were banished from circle and how do you prove this to your opponent?

DarkPhenix

Post #4 by DarkPhenix » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:36 pm

Well, its pretty simple. You banished 10 cards face down. The next 3 cards are the cards from the Dark Magical Circle. The cards get banished on top of the pile, so its really not that difficult.

robinatk

Post #5 by robinatk » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:38 pm

There's no way on dueling book to verify the order of banished cards, if I added card 7/13 to the top of the deck this does not appear in the log and just says "added a card from banished to top of deck".
So how do I verify which are the correct cards?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #6 by Lil Oldman » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:38 pm

I think he means what happens when the opponent says, "Show me that that's the actual card. from the 13, that card is from the newest 3."
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

DarkPhenix

Post #7 by DarkPhenix » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:41 pm

Precisely, they are literally the top 3 on the banished pile.

robinatk

Post #8 by robinatk » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:42 pm

But you cannot verify WHICH are the top 3... the logs will just say that "A" card was added and there are no visual queues either.
If my opponent asks for proof it was one of the latest 3 there is no way to show that.
This is why I have to wait in a queue for 30 minutes, people do not understand how dueling book works.

DarkPhenix

Post #9 by DarkPhenix » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:44 pm

You are not supposed know the cards that are rearranged via Dark Magical Circle. The only time the opponent needs to reveal something is if he adds one of the eligible cards specified by Dark Magical Circle to his hand. Otherwise, all you have to know is that he banished 3 cards and put them back onto the top of his deck in the order of his choosing.

robinatk

Post #10 by robinatk » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:45 pm

You're clearly not understanding. There is NO way to prove that the cards you stack are from the 3 cards banished from circle or if they were any of the 10 cards banished from desires. There are no visual queues. There is nothing in the logs.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #11 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:22 am

robinatk wrote:You're clearly not understanding. There is NO way to prove that the cards you stack are from the 3 cards banished from circle or if they were any of the 10 cards banished from desires. There are no visual queues. There is nothing in the logs.

People who actually know how to play will do this properly, just listen to the judge. And honestly, if you're using desires in a dark magician deck its probably a bad deck or bad player.
b

robinatk

Post #12 by robinatk » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:45 pm

Desires isn't the only card that banishes face down, Evenly matched does it too and I can't tell my opponent not to play it because I am using Dark Magical Circle.
I've ended up making a video to educate people:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBc0Vcr ... l=Robinatk

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #13 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:09 pm

robinatk wrote:Desires isn't the only card that banishes face down, Evenly matched does it too and I can't tell my opponent not to play it because I am using Dark Magical Circle.
I've ended up making a video to educate people:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBc0Vcr ... l=Robinatk

Or, listen to the fucking judge. Pretty simple.
b

DarkPhenix

Post #14 by DarkPhenix » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:29 pm

Hello Robinatk,

KDE Policy states that when a duel is ongoing, a Judge is not to be called for cheating unless there is reasonable evidence pointing that way. Basically, a player is trustworthy until something warrants suspicion. In this case, resolving Dark Magical Circle the traditional method (banishing the top 3 cards of your deck face down) is perfectly fine. There is no reason to suspect your opponent is cheating and a Judge should not be called when an opponent starts to resolve that card.

On Duelingbook, every user gets the luxury of viewing replays. If a player suspects another player of cheating, but does not have enough evidence to accuse that player, they may check after the game, and report that user if they cheated (they would be frozen for cheating).

Additionally, most users also look at the banished pile while their opponent is resolving Dark Magical Circle. A player can see if you choose a different card other than the top 3 cards of the banished pile if they are paying attention.

You might ask, well what about IRL. My answer is that irl, you can excavate cards separately from your GY or Banished Pile, so its not an issue. In DB, we have replays so we can verify our opponents did not cheat.

Hopefully this helped,

Sincerely,

DarkPhenix

GayNProud

Post #15 by GayNProud » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:57 pm

DarkPhenix: you absolutely have no idea what you are taking about. robinatk is correct. I have been in situations where I was not able to verify if my opponent returned the correct banished facedown cards. You saying that this can be observed "clearly" is false, and you decided to backpedal in your last reply by resorting to the replay and trust arguments. And added a cuter intro and outro to make it sound smart. The gaslighting and lack of accountability as a response to a simple request the OP is making is astonishing.

re robinatk: I feel you. I have a suggestion. How about you banish a face-up card on the field (the easiest option is Dark Magical Circle itself) before banishing your top 3 cards facedown? This way, you will separate whatever other facedown banished cards from the last three.

robinatk

Post #16 by robinatk » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:58 pm

Yes DarkPhenix you are incorrect, I'm not talking about irl this is a duelingbook forum, in irl you would not excavate the cards, that is a mechanic on it's on, you would look at the top 3 whilst not mixing with your hand. I also cannot provide a replay whilst in the middle of a rated duel, that argument are so very flawed. There is no way to tell which cards are banished fd from circle and which are not, even if you look at the banish zone. If any card is banished fd and my opponent banishes fd for circle that in itself is reason for me to say that my opponent is cheating and they have absolutely no proof to say they aren't, I emplor you to check for yourself or watch my video explaining how wrong you are.

Neo_Fire_Sonic my reasoning is that a judge shouldn't have to be called, all they say is there is no issue and leave. 30 minutes wasted because people are uneducated.

The problem with banishing a card face up and then banishing 3 fd is because, I don't have to... it's more effort to do something perfectly legal by drawing cards as long as you don't shuffle the hand before placing cards on top of the deck and revealing the added card.

I've asked for a button to be added however am always met with "you don't need a button as the card interacts with your own deck"
Pot of desires has a button (you can /banish 5 in chat 2 times, what is this banish 10 button for?)
Crowley, the first Propheseer has a button (I can send 3 cards to the GY and either play can roll a die providing they have assigned number)
Both these examples are much easier to resolve than Dark Magical Circle on a website.

Genexwrecker

Post #17 by Genexwrecker » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:19 pm

Draw the cards if you have something to add discard it and return the rest. You basically do the same thing irl and it’s extremely easy to see your opponent returned the correct cards
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

robinatk

Post #18 by robinatk » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:45 pm

I feel like you're all missing the point of the post. I don't need advise on how to resolve the card, I do it correctly with everything legal and logged. My issues is that other people don't understand that banishing 3 cards from the top of deck fd is a bad habit to resolve this card (evidenced by DarkPhenix not understanding despite being told countless times but not wanting to admit he is wrong) and therefore should not be the default method. All there needs to be implemented is a simple button to stop confusion or for people to stop spreading this outdated, flawed method of banishing.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #19 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:30 am

robinatk wrote:Neo_Fire_Sonic my reasoning is that a judge shouldn't have to be called, all they say is there is no issue and leave. 30 minutes wasted because people are uneducated.

When I said "listen to the judge" I mean listen to DarkPhenix in this topic right now.

And also what I said before.

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:People who actually know how to play will do this properly
b

Wek

Post #20 by Wek » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:21 am

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:
robinatk wrote:Neo_Fire_Sonic my reasoning is that a judge shouldn't have to be called, all they say is there is no issue and leave. 30 minutes wasted because people are uneducated.

When I said "listen to the judge" I mean listen to DarkPhenix in this topic right now.

And also what I said before.

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:People who actually know how to play will do this properly

Better to listen to Genexwrecker, the DB judge. Don't banish the 3 cards facedown, that's just a bad habit begging for confusion. Just draw 3 and return 2. Cards in hand are identifiable, you know which card in hand is which by how they are numbered in the logs, facedown banished cards are not. You do not want to deal with using circle when other cards are banished facedown. That's just begging for trouble. No need to make life harder, drawing is simpler and gets the job done.

Return to “Suggestions”