change ignore to blocked in forums

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Jedx_EX
Mood:

Re: change ignore to blocked in forums

Post #21 by Jedx_EX » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:28 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:Before you blocked me on db I was really nice with ya. And the reason ya blocked me it was because I asked abotu da rulez. But anywho, if I achieved nirvana when you blocked me, now that I know you want to block me here aswell I will certainly achive ascension!

I too was being nice when I was blocked, and I'm fine with being blocked for no reason. But being blocked for a petty reasoning such as that...don't you agree blocking people in the forums is going a bit too far?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #22 by Lil Oldman » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:41 pm

Jedx_EX wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Before you blocked me on db I was really nice with ya. And the reason ya blocked me it was because I asked abotu da rulez. But anywho, if I achieved nirvana when you blocked me, now that I know you want to block me here aswell I will certainly achive ascension!

I too was being nice when I was blocked, and I'm fine with being blocked for no reason. But being blocked for a petty reasoning such as that...don't you agree blocking people in the forums is going a bit too far?

I will quote a youtuber I saw sometime ago.
"if he is leaving you because of such a stupid reason as that, He's showing you how incredibly mature he is."
IN the context of a boy leaving a date because a girl farted.
If Crystal blocks for such stupid reason as just asking a question then I am better of without knowing nothing about him.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

greg503

Post #23 by greg503 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:19 pm

Again, who would even be able to see CM posts if this was implemented? Lurker alts?
Buy Floowandereeze

NiwatoriFTW

Post #24 by NiwatoriFTW » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:06 pm

greg503 wrote:Again, who would even be able to see CM posts if this was implemented? Lurker alts?

It doesn't matter much about whether people see or don't his posts, it just matters if he's able to treat DB forum as if it was Amino Apps, where he can block and impede anyone who disagrees with him from see his posts. It feels like he wants to turn this forum, which, by definition, is a place for discussion, into some shallow social media that encourages whatever vague and meaningless content he shares. And possibly gets some likes.

You can see that from the way he behaves here: one single disagreement and you're bringing negativity to his posts. And if you reply with "nobody cares", he'll retort with the usual "apparently you cared enough to reply to my post". If you leave the post sink into obscurity, he'll just make new ones, over and over again, until he gets the kind of attention he wants or eventually starts repeating himself, like in that Mystic Mine post.

Also, there's the fact that, even though he can post stuff in Dueling Book's status wall, it's not shown there unless it's posted while you're present when he does or if you search for his status (also if either he or you has the other blocked). Regardless if he'll hardly get a reply, let alone a like, he continues doing on the premise that he can.

Come to think of it, that's basically his premise for everything he does around here: because he can. Or at least thinks he can or that there will be no conflict on doing so.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #25 by troglyte » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:34 pm

NiwatoriFTW wrote:
greg503 wrote:Again, who would even be able to see CM posts if this was implemented? Lurker alts?

It doesn't matter much about whether people see or don't his posts, it just matters if he's able to treat DB forum as if it was Amino Apps, where he can block and impede anyone who disagrees with him from see his posts. It feels like he wants to turn this forum, which, by definition, is a place for discussion, into some shallow social media that encourages whatever vague and meaningless content he shares. And possibly gets some likes.

Wait, so this is NOT a shallow social media that encourages vague and meaningless content? My life is a lie.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #26 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:35 pm

"ur retarded"
"ur retarded"

This is not how you speak to people CrystalMusic.
b

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #27 by Darkraiclone » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:18 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:The Idea: like the title says: Change Ignored to Blocked

Why:
- reason 1: like on the main site, a block list is made to cut off all contact between you and the party (or parties) you block.
- reason 2 and example 1: seeing as how a perfectly positive post like my "Compromise" post is still getting hate despite the i said the following (but more simplified to save time)
1: we take turns of who gets to make the rules for the duel however in all duels no pends or links
- reason 3 and example 2: most of the ppl who comment on my posts are eitehr A: haters, B: negative, or C Both A & B.

The Point behind the Idea:
- By allowing a block list on the forums instead of a ignore list this would make things alot less toxic, alot less aggressive and alot more quiet for ppl who have a large ignore list.
Not only this but, it would give ppl much more control for their posts and who can comment on them. (not saying you should block ppl just so they cant comment on your stuff, but rather block those who cant comment positively or politely on ones posts)

Example 3:
- My posts for example get alot of negativity when there was none in the original post to begin with. Alot of times its the same ppl who comment the negativity on my stuff like: Debt, Lightcaster, Neo Fire Sonic, Lil oldman, KTeknis, Darkraiclone, NiwatoriFTW, Troglyte, AnimeMasterDub, Slitina, Renji Asuka, Dusk Will, DarkPhenix, Christen57, James 111 (and their alt 123) (and if i mis-spelled your name, oh well, SUE ME!) (and lets not forget when he was around: xDEADCENTREx and their death threat they made against me back in Mon, OCT 14, 2019 at around 2:40 PM, which got them in trouble with the site admins and then he has the guts to whine and complain about it because he was warned and told to never comment on my stuff again by the moderation team) This proves its not me who has the negativity on the forums, but rather the other way around.

The Solution:
With the above said i think allowing ppl to "Block" negative commenters from being able to have any contact with you or your posts should be a thing. (and no its not because i cant handle your ridicule or criticism, i just dont have to deal with your constant negative behavior all the time)

Note: yes i know with the way i worded this it makes it seem like its about me but let me correct you right there: i merely included that as examples. I believe everyone should have the right to block anyone they want (except admins) on the forums for whatever reason they want.

Yeah, you just hold your breath on that until the very next admin that wants to breakdown and bow to your will comes by and wants to do that for you.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

Genexwrecker

Post #28 by Genexwrecker » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:23 pm

No
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #29 by Lil Oldman » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:33 pm

Well this is anti-climactic... :| :lol:
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #30 by LightCaster » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:35 am

CrystalMusic wrote:The Idea: like the title says: Change Ignored to Blocked

Why:
- reason 1: like on the main site, a block list is made to cut off all contact between you and the party (or parties) you block.
- reason 2 and example 1: seeing as how a perfectly positive post like my "Compromise" post is still getting hate despite the i said the following (but more simplified to save time)
1: we take turns of who gets to make the rules for the duel however in all duels no pends or links
- reason 3 and example 2: most of the ppl who comment on my posts are eitehr A: haters, B: negative, or C Both A & B.

The Point behind the Idea:
- By allowing a block list on the forums instead of a ignore list this would make things alot less toxic, alot less aggressive and alot more quiet for ppl who have a large ignore list.
Not only this but, it would give ppl much more control for their posts and who can comment on them. (not saying you should block ppl just so they cant comment on your stuff, but rather block those who cant comment positively or politely on ones posts)

Example 3:
- My posts for example get alot of negativity when there was none in the original post to begin with. Alot of times its the same ppl who comment the negativity on my stuff like: Debt, Lightcaster, Neo Fire Sonic, Lil oldman, KTeknis, Darkraiclone, NiwatoriFTW, Troglyte, AnimeMasterDub, Slitina, Renji Asuka, Dusk Will, DarkPhenix, Christen57, James 111 (and their alt 123) (and if i mis-spelled your name, oh well, SUE ME!) (and lets not forget when he was around: xDEADCENTREx and their death threat they made against me back in Mon, OCT 14, 2019 at around 2:40 PM, which got them in trouble with the site admins and then he has the guts to whine and complain about it because he was warned and told to never comment on my stuff again by the moderation team) This proves its not me who has the negativity on the forums, but rather the other way around.

The Solution:
With the above said i think allowing ppl to "Block" negative commenters from being able to have any contact with you or your posts should be a thing. (and no its not because i cant handle your ridicule or criticism, i just dont have to deal with your constant negative behavior all the time)

Note: yes i know with the way i worded this it makes it seem like its about me but let me correct you right there: i merely included that as examples. I believe everyone should have the right to block anyone they want (except admins) on the forums for whatever reason they want.

So in other words: You want a block feature here so you can run rampant unbothered. To bully others excessively and demand witch hunts on those you shame on here or to even bitch and moan because the world doesn't think like you do? How much more pretentious could you possibly be?

Genexwrecker

Post #31 by Genexwrecker » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:37 am

Just stop responding and leave it alone no more discussion to be had here.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Nickz

Post #32 by Nickz » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:03 pm

It's actually interesting how many people don't like crystalmusic :P

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #33 by Lil Oldman » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:24 pm

LoLK

NiwatoriFTW

Post #34 by NiwatoriFTW » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:10 pm

Nickz wrote:It's actually interesting how many people don't like crystalmusic :P

Well, chances are you wouldn't either. Let me give you a short summary of why:

Hypocrisy in his convoluted duel rooms: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-20692366
[0:00] CrystalMusic: CrystalMusic hosted Single (with siding) in Advanced (Unrated) with duel note "beatdown decks only. no normal monsters."
[0:00] Osqar1420|: Accepted Osqar1420| into duel
[0:02] CrystalMusic: Won Rock-Paper-Scissors
[0:07] CrystalMusic: Chose to go first
[0:07] CrystalMusic: Drew "Right Leg of the Forbidden One"

Because last time I've checked, Right Leg of the Forbidden One is a normal monster and it has a different deal to be included in a beatdown deck.

Insulting, threatening to report for minor things and superiority complex over the duel rooms he hosts: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-20566427
[0:00] CrystalMusic: CrystalMusic hosted Single (with siding) in Advanced (Unrated) with duel note "1st Gen/GX Characters. No Main Characters."
[0:04] qu4leti: "glhf"
[0:35] qu4leti: "im using pegasus if thats alright?"
[0:38] qu4leti: "from first gen?"
[0:39] CrystalMusic: "no"
[0:44] qu4leti: "not main chac"
[0:46] CrystalMusic: "hes the main antagonist of the 1st season"
[0:48] qu4leti: "main ant"
[0:52] qu4leti: "not main chac"
[1:01] qu4leti: "main chac as in like yugi and friends "
[1:02] qu4leti: "lol"
----------------(Turn 1)-----------------
[1:05] qu4leti: Entered Draw Phase
[1:05] qu4leti: Drew "Mimicat"
[1:05] qu4leti: Entered Standby Phase
[1:06] qu4leti: Entered Main Phase 1
[1:07] qu4leti: Activated "Toon Table of Contents" from hand (5/6)
[1:08] CrystalMusic: "by main characters this means protagonaists and antagonists"
[1:17] qu4leti: "never specified"
[1:18] qu4leti: "so"
[1:21] qu4leti: Viewed deck
[1:26] qu4leti: Added "Toon Kingdom" from Deck to hand
[1:27] qu4leti: Stopped viewing Deck
[1:27] qu4leti: Shuffled deck
[1:27] CrystalMusic: "if its toon kingdom then no"
[1:28] CrystalMusic: "no"
[1:29] qu4leti: Sent "Toon Table of Contents" from S-3 to GY
[1:30] CrystalMusic: "us etoon world"
[1:31] qu4leti: Activated Field Spell "Toon Kingdom" from hand (5/6)
[1:33] CrystalMusic: "bye"
[1:34] qu4leti: Banished "Toon Ancient Gear Golem" from Deck face-down
[1:35] qu4leti: Banished "Comic Hand" from Deck face-down
[1:36] qu4leti: Banished "Red-Eyes Toon Dragon" from Deck face-down
[1:37] CrystalMusic: "noobs use toon kingdom"
[1:39] CrystalMusic: "use toon world"
[1:39] qu4leti: "never specifide"
[1:44] CrystalMusic: "im reproitng you for cehating"
[1:47] qu4leti: Special Summoned "Toon Cyber Dragon" from hand (1/5) to M-3 (ATK)
[1:51] qu4leti: "ok"
[1:51] CrystalMusic: "u must obey my urles"
[1:53] CrystalMusic: "my duel"
[1:54] CrystalMusic: "my rules"
[1:56] qu4leti: "what are they going to do"?"
[1:57] CrystalMusic: "i call eht eshots"

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-16375068
[0:00] CrystalMusic: CrystalMusic hosted Single (with siding) in Custom Cards (Unrated) with duel note "Self-made Custom Cards Only. No Pends."
[0:47] CrystalMusic: Pointed at "Big Bang Constellation" in S-3
[0:48] CrystalMusic: Pointed at "Big Bang Constellation" in S-3
[0:51] MasterOfTheSky666: Activated Field Spell "Big Bang Space" from hand (1/4)
[0:55] MasterOfTheSky666: "?"
[0:56] CrystalMusic: "broken spell"
[0:59] MasterOfTheSky666: "eff"
[0:59] CrystalMusic: "constellation"
[1:01] CrystalMusic: "bye"
[1:01] MasterOfTheSky666: Sent "Big Bang Hybrid" from S-4 to GY
[1:04] CrystalMusic: "im blocking you too"
[1:05] MasterOfTheSky666: "no its not"
[1:07] CrystalMusic: "io dont allwo broken shoit\"
[1:09] MasterOfTheSky666: "i send crad to gy"
[1:19] MasterOfTheSky666: "to add card fro deck yo hand"
[1:23] MasterOfTheSky666: "that snot op"
[1:25] CrystalMusic: "i fi say its broken in MY duel then its broken"
[1:32] CrystalMusic: "my duel"
[1:33] CrystalMusic: "my rules"
[1:38] CrystalMusic: "i call the shots"
[1:38] MasterOfTheSky666: "entitled bitch"
[1:41] CrystalMusic: Left duel

Or his blatant disregard for rules and facts, despite the amount of evidence thrown at him:

Not to mention his dozens of posts and topics meant to vent out, blabber, brag or shame some random player, most times without providing a replay link or screenshot. If you stick around, you are bound to see some evidence, without having to dwell into old topics.

Nickz

Post #35 by Nickz » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:11 pm

Yeah he's just....wow.....

Return to “Suggestions”