change ignore to blocked in forums

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 19
Mood:

change ignore to blocked in forums

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:50 am

The Idea: like the title says: Change Ignored to Blocked

Why:
- reason 1: like on the main site, a block list is made to cut off all contact between you and the party (or parties) you block.
- reason 2 and example 1: seeing as how a perfectly positive post like my "Compromise" post is still getting hate despite the i said the following (but more simplified to save time)
1: we take turns of who gets to make the rules for the duel however in all duels no pends or links
- reason 3 and example 2: most of the ppl who comment on my posts are eitehr A: haters, B: negative, or C Both A & B.

The Point behind the Idea:
- By allowing a block list on the forums instead of a ignore list this would make things alot less toxic, alot less aggressive and alot more quiet for ppl who have a large ignore list.
Not only this but, it would give ppl much more control for their posts and who can comment on them. (not saying you should block ppl just so they cant comment on your stuff, but rather block those who cant comment positively or politely on ones posts)

Example 3:
- My posts for example get alot of negativity when there was none in the original post to begin with. Alot of times its the same ppl who comment the negativity on my stuff like: Debt, Lightcaster, Neo Fire Sonic, Lil oldman, KTeknis, Darkraiclone, NiwatoriFTW, Troglyte, AnimeMasterDub, Slitina, Renji Asuka, Dusk Will, DarkPhenix, Christen57, James 111 (and their alt 123) (and if i mis-spelled your name, oh well, SUE ME!) (and lets not forget when he was around: xDEADCENTREx and their death threat they made against me back in Mon, OCT 14, 2019 at around 2:40 PM, which got them in trouble with the site admins and then he has the guts to whine and complain about it because he was warned and told to never comment on my stuff again by the moderation team) This proves its not me who has the negativity on the forums, but rather the other way around.

The Solution:
With the above said i think allowing ppl to "Block" negative commenters from being able to have any contact with you or your posts should be a thing. (and no its not because i cant handle your ridicule or criticism, i just dont have to deal with your constant negative behavior all the time)

Note: yes i know with the way i worded this it makes it seem like its about me but let me correct you right there: i merely included that as examples. I believe everyone should have the right to block anyone they want (except admins) on the forums for whatever reason they want.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 119

Post #2 by Debt » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:55 am

If you think Christen57, Dusk Will or KTeknis treat you with any degree of negativity you're delusional.

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 19
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:57 am

Debt wrote:If you think Christen57, Dusk Will or KTeknis treat you with any degree of negativity you're delusional.


thanks for proving my point that i get negativity replied on my posts from others no matter what! all you just did is add evidence to help the cause of my post and suggestion!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 119

Post #4 by Debt » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:00 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:thanks for proving my point that i get negativity replied on my posts from others no matter what!

Reap the whirlwind. You wanted infamy, you've earned it.

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 19
Mood:

Post #5 by CrystalMusic » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:04 pm

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:thanks for proving my point that i get negativity replied on my posts from others no matter what!

Reap the whirlwind. You wanted infamy, you've earned it.


1: you ASUME i wanted infamy
2: youre wrong, i never wanted it.

And: If yall just could remember this simple life lesson maybe this site would be much less toxic: "If you cant say anything nice, don't say anything at all!" - Thumper, Walt Disney's Bambi, August 21, 1942, USA.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

DuskWill
User avatar
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:27 am
Reputation: 24
Location: Brasil

Post #6 by DuskWill » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:37 pm

I really don't know how to react by seeing my name up there in the list. Or rather how he perceives "negativity". I'd assume it was pessimism and offenses in his replies, but I guess he considers criticism as well, or just not outrightly agreeing with him.
This is...
Image
I saw the strategy I need!

Debt
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 119

Post #7 by Debt » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:41 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:1: you ASUME i wanted infamy
2: youre wrong, i never wanted it.

And: If yall just could remember this simple life lesson maybe this site would be much less toxic: "If you cant say anything nice, don't say anything at all!" - Thumper, Walt Disney's Bambi, August 21, 1942, USA.

You're one of the most toxic users on the sight. No, it's not a reaction to everyone else, you initate it first the majority of the time. Genex has been extremely open about the number of reports you have against you and how much distaste she has for you, not as a person but as a member of staff. A small number of random people sending you a rude message you doesn't magically erase your awful conduct.
Image

Debt
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 119

Post #8 by Debt » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:43 pm

DuskWill wrote:I really don't know how to react by seeing my name up there in the list. Or rather how he perceives "negativity". I'd assume it was pessimism and offenses in his replies, but I guess he considers criticism as well, or just not outrightly agreeing with him.

You're honestly one of the few people here willing to give crystal some semblance of a benefit of the doubt, you've only given him constructive criticism or corrected his many factual errors. He just wants people to suck him off for being wrong 98% of the time.

KTeknis
User avatar
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:32 pm
Reputation: 50

Post #9 by KTeknis » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:45 pm

Is critic and refuting argument negativity?
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

KTeknis
User avatar
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:32 pm
Reputation: 50

Post #10 by KTeknis » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:48 pm

DuskWill wrote:I really don't know how to react by seeing my name up there in the list. Or rather how he perceives "negativity". I'd assume it was pessimism and offenses in his replies, but I guess he considers criticism as well, or just not outrightly agreeing with him.

I had somewhat the same reaction. I think he's a bit too easily offended.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Debt
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 119

Post #11 by Debt » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:02 pm

KTeknis wrote:I had somewhat the same reaction. I think he's a bit too easily offended.

That's too generous

NiwatoriFTW
User avatar
Posts: 401
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 1:11 am
Reputation: 37

Post #12 by NiwatoriFTW » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:12 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:thanks for proving my point that i get negativity replied on my posts from others no matter what!

Reap the whirlwind. You wanted infamy, you've earned it.


1: you ASUME i wanted infamy
2: youre wrong, i never wanted it.

And: If yall just could remember this simple life lesson maybe this site would be much less toxic: "If you cant say anything nice, don't say anything at all!" - Thumper, Walt Disney's Bambi, August 21, 1942, USA.

If people only said nice things to each other, nothing would ever be accomplished. We would live below mediocrity due to lack of criticism and no creation would ever be improved. Also, quoting a movie or someone doesn't necessarily promote your argument. We could quote Disney on you all day as well:

"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it, or... learn from it."
— Rafiki from "The Lion King
Considering your defeats in both regular duels, rules and arguments, you are basically running from them all the time.

"You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you. But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you’ll learn things you never knew you never knew."
— Pocahontas
Essentially, referring to your resistance to learn new stuff and exclusively promoting people who blindly agrees with your line of thought.

“A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.”
— Eeyore (Winnie the Pooh)
Seeing your lack of empathy, alongside some disregard of other people's point of views and their arguments, this is a lesson yet to be learnt.

“The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
— Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)
This topic and nearly all your attempts in duels regarding things that prevents you winning.

“Venture outside your comfort zone. The rewards are worth it.”
— Rapunzel (Tangled)
Self-explanatory.

And finally, some from the man himself, which are self-explanatory as well:

“Whatever you do, do it well. Do it so well that when people see you do it, they will want to come back and see you do it again, and they will want to bring others and show them how well you do what you do.”
— Walt Disney

“Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future.”
— Walt Disney

“I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.”
— Walt Disney

KTeknis
User avatar
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:32 pm
Reputation: 50

Post #13 by KTeknis » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:38 pm

Debt wrote:
KTeknis wrote:I had somewhat the same reaction. I think he's a bit too easily offended.

That's too generous

Heh, touche.
Although to be honest, I had to admit that I'm a bit negative sometimes.
I shared my own CM replay https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8436&p=37804#p37804, and my opinion on this thread might be a bit harsh. https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9016&p=38792#p38792. I dueled CM several days or weeks before I posted these thread, and I was easily shocked there so I need to vent.
I called him Evil for bashing people who might be Nwebies. https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11588&p=46589#p46589. I always have soft spot for newcomers, especially people who's new at DB Custom Card.
I even made my own CM Cards! https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9335 Although I think i made that because I don't like James111's Anti CM card and prefer a more functional one.

Also, when I made some of these critic, opinion, and refutal, I sometimes thought if I were a bit harsh in wording it and it might offend someone, not just to CM, but to everyone I refuted against.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

james123
User avatar
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 am
Reputation: 40
Mood:

Post #14 by james123 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:44 pm

DarkPhenix and genexWrecker will not a give a Shit about your stupid suggestions and they will never accept them at all like the time you suggest that Judges for all Unranked Formats

Rocket2
User avatar
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:43 pm
Reputation: 35

Post #15 by Rocket2 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:52 pm

Keep this up CM. You are just digging your own grave. Much like your rules, this suggestion is just another tool you want to enrich yourself, you fucking tyrant.
Lastly, I'm deeply hurt (sarcasm), that I'm not even worth being mentioned. Let change that,
Image

KTeknis
User avatar
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:32 pm
Reputation: 50

Post #16 by KTeknis » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:54 pm

Rocket2 wrote:Keep this up CM. You are just digging your own grave. Much like your rules, this suggestion is just another tool you want to enrich yourself, you fucking tyrant.
Lastly, I'm deeply hurt (sarcasm), that I'm not even worth being mentioned. Let change that,
Image

You just started recently, Rocket2.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Rocket2
User avatar
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:43 pm
Reputation: 35

Post #17 by Rocket2 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:01 pm

KTeknis wrote:You just started recently, Rocket2.

To be fair, I had taken almost every chance since last Nov to criticize CM laughable arguments.

Slitina
User avatar
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:31 pm
Reputation: 20

Post #18 by Slitina » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:16 pm

I just slide in when I feel like popping up but I do wanna say, CrystalMusic is it necessary to quote people like Walt disney can you oh idk think of quotes of your own.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

greg503
Posts: 708
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:43 pm
Reputation: 53

Post #19 by greg503 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:15 pm

If you don't want to interact with the users on this forum... then don't use it.
Which will come first?
A. CrystalMusic gets banned from DB
B. CrystalMusic blocks every account on DB

Lil Oldman
User avatar
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:23 pm
Reputation: 50
Location: Toontown
Mood:

Post #20 by Lil Oldman » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:42 pm

Before you blocked me on db I was really nice with ya. And the reason ya blocked me it was because I asked abotu da rulez. But anywho, if I achieved nirvana when you blocked me, now that I know you want to block me here aswell I will certainly achive ascension!
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

Occult à la carte: https://youtu.be/OKVlHGppsvs


Return to “Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests