update idea for block list/blocked players

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
CrystalMusic
Mood:

update idea for block list/blocked players

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:41 am

The idea:
- Make it so players on your block list cannot join as a watcher to duels you are hosting

Why this should be implemented on DB:
block lists exist for a reason; to cut off all contact between you and the users on the block list.
this as of right now only does the following:
- makes it so neither player can PM each other
- the blocked players main menu posts are invisible to the player who blocked them, and the blocked player cannot comment on the posts of the player who blocked them
- the blocked players public chat is not visible to the player who blocked them
- the blocked player cannot comment on the profile of the player who blocked them

what this needs to include:
- blocked players cannot join as a watcher of any duel to any player who has them blocked

The solution:
- all i ask is a simple update to make it so players on your block list cannot watch duels you are in (if you are the host of said duel)

im aware i could just disable watching but what fun is that?
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #2 by Darkraiclone » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:44 am

Yeah, they're not gonna do that.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

Debt

Post #3 by Debt » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:50 am

blocking stops communication, watching duels isn't communicating

this is the second time you've made this thread, you've already been told why it's not happening by a staff member

Slitina

Post #4 by Slitina » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:17 am

SMH you made this forum post just because I watched you duel with your furries.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #5 by Darkraiclone » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:59 am

Slitina wrote:SMH you made this forum post just because I watched you duel with your furries.

Now now, we all know that the proper term is Anthromorphic Animals, and also, they're not furries, they're Native Americans, and as we all know, Native Americans always partnered themselves and have used Anthromorphic Animals in their culture.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #6 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:12 am

I have an idea, how about they make it so users named "CrystalMusic" can't block people
since it does nothing
b

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #7 by Darkraiclone » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:12 am

CrystalMusic wrote:im aware i could just disable watching but what fun is that?

So instead of doing that, you're going to demand that the devs on the site to bow down to your will and fix the site the way YOU want it because YOU think they should obey YOUR will?
... I honestly have no idea what to even think about that.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #8 by LightCaster » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:34 am

CrystalMusic wrote:The idea:
- Make it so players on your block list cannot join as a watcher to duels you are hosting

Why this should be implemented on DB:
block lists exist for a reason; to cut off all contact between you and the users on the block list.
this as of right now only does the following:
- makes it so neither player can PM each other
- the blocked players main menu posts are invisible to the player who blocked them, and the blocked player cannot comment on the posts of the player who blocked them
- the blocked players public chat is not visible to the player who blocked them
- the blocked player cannot comment on the profile of the player who blocked them

what this needs to include:
- blocked players cannot join as a watcher of any duel to any player who has them blocked

The solution:
- all i ask is a simple update to make it so players on your block list cannot watch duels you are in (if you are the host of said duel)

im aware i could just disable watching but what fun is that?

Staff has told you no. Turn off watchers if it bothers you so much. Or fix your act.

DarkPhenix

Post #9 by DarkPhenix » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:25 pm

If the staff implemented this, you would be more adversely affected by it than anyone else. Each punitive suggestion you make will keep affecting you the most. The staff are saving you from yourself, otherwise, if they had implemented all your new suggestions, your account would be banned to the max. So try thanking them instead. Have a wonderful holiday!
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

greg503

Post #10 by greg503 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:57 pm

Remember what I said about spreading toxicity, this is what I mean. If you don't want the attention from people you blocked, then why make these posts? You have made your own infamy, you can no longer hide from it.
Buy Floowandereeze

Slitina

Post #11 by Slitina » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:51 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:
Slitina wrote:SMH you made this forum post just because I watched you duel with your furries.

Now now, we all know that the proper term is Anthromorphic Animals, and also, they're not furries, they're Native Americans, and as we all know, Native Americans always partnered themselves and have used Anthromorphic Animals in their culture.
true my mistake I meant anthropomorphic animal Native Americans but I get blocked for that and playing regular Yugioh and calling Karen out for it as everyone else then again this is coming from someone who reads the forums
Last edited by Slitina on Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #12 by Darkraiclone » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:21 pm

Slitina wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:

true my mistake I meant anthropomorphic animal Native Americans but I get blocked for that and playing regular Yugioh and calling Karen out for it as everyone else then again this is coming from someone who reads the forums

I know, right?

Return to “Suggestions”