New Rule that should be implented

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Dinosaur_Ryusaki

New Rule that should be implented

Post #1 by Dinosaur_Ryusaki » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:46 pm

I am suggesting something that will simply make life way easier on duelingbook and maybe break down one of the reason why so many players (at my locals at least) are jumping on ygopro.
Let's say we have a ruling issue on ranked, one of the player A give some wikia/yugipedia/forum ruling proof on X situation, and explains nicely everything to the other player B, but that player B doesn't agree and wants to call judge.
Ressource Judge arrives and gives pretty much same explanation as player A, so the duel can continue.

What's the real issue here? It's that instead of wasting time on calling judge if that player B was less selfish and more focused, the duel could've kept going, but due to the behaviour of that player who doesn't absolutely want to get wrong, it results into a toxic and unenjoyable environnement.

What I am really suggesting here is that if player A explained correctly the ruling to the player B, but player B doesn't want to admit, and judge arrives and says same as player A, player B should get game lost for unsporting conduct.

Here we have an example : https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=660965-24295644

I know now ressource judges are faster than they were on duelingnetwork, but there are still afternoon where 0 ressources judge are online, and many players rather spend their afternoon for better activities.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:11 pm

THIS IS WHY KONAMI TCG NEEDS RULING PAGES LIKE THE OCG
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #3 by Genexwrecker » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:29 pm

A player has a right to get a judge to address a ruling. In what scenario at any ycs event has a player been penalized for their opponent being correct on a ruling dispute?
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Dinosaur_Ryusaki

Post #4 by Dinosaur_Ryusaki » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:36 pm

Players may doubt and ask, but they can't if they have ruling proof under their eyes.
I don't find very fair calling judge while you deeply know you are wrong on ruling issue.

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:04 pm

if a player knows a ruling and intentionally stalls that is stalling. if there is a dispute and they arent clicking the links the opponent provides that is just how it goes sometimes.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

greg503

Post #6 by greg503 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:21 pm

But what about cards like Babycerasaurus that have 2 different rulings because one region doubled down on theirs?
Buy Floowandereeze

DarkPhenix

Post #7 by DarkPhenix » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:34 pm

Babycerasaurus has pretty clear rulings with the new update
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

greg503

Post #8 by greg503 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:43 pm

I know, but maybe someone would get confused and think that the ruling where they can use it if they summon the same copy is correct because that's the ruling they are used to.
Buy Floowandereeze

DarkPhenix

Post #9 by DarkPhenix » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:39 pm

Then that is their issue and if they are truly confused after you explain it to them, then wait for a judge. A Judge's main responsibility is to resolve the disputes in the rated pool.
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Return to “Suggestions”