[Deprecated] Instructions on how to fix the bug preventing you from uploading the same file twice in a row

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Christen57

[Deprecated] Instructions on how to fix the bug preventing you from uploading the same file twice in a row

Post #1 by Christen57 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:04 pm

This bug has been fixed as of 2022, making this guide obsolete. It will remain archived, and it's original title was:
Instructions on how to fix the bug preventing you from uploading the same file twice in a row on chromium-based browsers

About 2 weeks ago, I created a post talking about a bug on the html5 version of duelingbook that prevented you from uploading the same file twice in a row on chromium-based browsers such as google chrome. https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12667

After talking to Amr Khalid and doing some research, I have now figured out how to fix this bug.

First, make sure javascript is enabled/allowed on your browser and on duelingbook. Refresh your duelingbook page if you have to.

Create a new bookmark and name it whatever you want.

In the "URL," "Address," or "Location" box, whatever it's called on your browser, copy and paste this line of code:

Code: Select all

javascript:$('input[type="file"]').val(null);

Save your bookmark, and go to duelingbook where you upload things.

Now, here is what happens when you try to upload the same image multiple times in a row on the html5 version of duelingbook on chromium-browsers such as google chrome without clicking the bookmark...

And here is what happens when you upload the image, then click the bookmark, then attempt to upload the same image again in a row.

See the difference? This time, I can now upload the same image again in a row thanks to the bookmark, while previously I could not.

Keep in mind you will have keep clicking the bookmark every time you want to upload a same image again and again in order for this to work.
Last edited by Christen57 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:54 pm

It looks like this code is no longer needed since the bug has now been patched for good.

Return to “Suggestions”