Customs Tab: Non-Custom Note

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Futuregamer

Customs Tab: Non-Custom Note

Post #1 by Futuregamer » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:20 am

For some reason almost noone in the Customs Tab is playing actual customs. Can we have a note, in the same manner as the "less than 40 cards" auto one next to people's listings for joining or hosting, that says whether the deck includes Custom cards or not (one or the other, not both)?

The system already checks if people have custom cards in their decks to prevent them from joining other tabs, so it should not be too hard to include such a note. It would probably save people a lot of frustration.

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:25 pm

I don't get why it "frustrates" you when people use regular cards in customs. Maybe people are just sick of the current meta where they have to face rokket/eldlich/dogmatika over and over, so they decide go to customs with their regular cards to face new things?

Renji Asuka

Post #3 by Renji Asuka » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:19 pm

On top of what Christen57 says, its Customs. There is NO RULE AGAINST THE USE OF TCG CARDS OR EVEN OCG. Maybe people want to create custom cards for their favorite decks. Or maybe people want to test cards that aren't out on DB yet. It also serves 0 purpose when people can just recreate their TCG deck into customs for their language.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Debt

Post #4 by Debt » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:00 pm

I can't actually believe there's a second person who cares that their opponents use real cards

KTeknis

Post #5 by KTeknis » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:55 am

Debt wrote:I can't actually believe there's a second person who cares that their opponents use real cards

I think the closest we got is CrystalMusic, but he demanded every card in the deck to be custom (I don't know about him now), whereas FutureGamer simply don't want a pure vanilla deck (I guess?).
CM even make some card to 'counter' vanilla card, this is one of them https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1330104
Also there's people who wanted a Character duel, since some card are anime exclusive (Take over five is an example)
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Futuregamer

Post #6 by Futuregamer » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:01 am

Of course people are free to play what they want, all I'm asking for is a note saying whether they have customs or not.

And yes, it's just pure vanilla decks that I don't want (or at least I want to be warned about with a note). It feels like the opponents are putting no effort whatsoever when they just play TCG, and it is disheartening, to say the least.

Edit: Christen if people are sick of the current meta they can just play unrated. They're invading a creative format with a complete lack of creativity.

Christen57

Post #7 by Christen57 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:09 am

Futuregamer wrote:Of course people are free to play what they want, all I'm asking for is a note saying whether they have customs or not.

And yes, it's just pure vanilla decks that I don't want (or at least I want to be warned about with a note). It feels like the opponents are putting no effort whatsoever when they just play TCG, and it is disheartening, to say the least.

Even if players were granted the ability to see whether their opponent's have customs or not, people can still get around this by simply making customs that are the same as already-existing cards, and using those customs, so it will still show that they technically have customs, but when the duel itself starts, you see that it's the same as those vanillas.

Next we'll have to give you the ability to see if players are using customs with the same name as an already-existing official yugioh card, then players will get around that by giving their custom a different name while the other stats are the same, such as a Level 8 LIGHT Dragon Normal Monster with 3000 Attack and 2500 Defense, but with a name other than Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Then we'll have to give you the ability to see if players are using customs with the same stats as already-existing official monsters, and then players will get around that too by changing one of the stats to something else that's slightly different, while keeping everything else the same, such as making their Level 8 LIGHT Dragon Normal Monster have 2450 Defense instead of 2500.

My point is that something like this is going to be difficult to enforce due to the ways people are going to try to get around it. You're better off simply putting in your duel note that you want people to use at least some customs when dueling you.

Futuregamer

Post #8 by Futuregamer » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:56 am

Christen57 wrote:
Futuregamer wrote:Of course people are free to play what they want, all I'm asking for is a note saying whether they have customs or not.

Even if players were granted the ability to see whether their opponent's have customs or not, people can still get around this by simply making customs that are the same as already-existing cards, and using those customs, so it will still show that they technically have customs, but when the duel itself starts, you see that it's the same as those vanillas.

Next we'll have to give you the ability to see if players are using customs with the same name as an already-existing official yugioh card, then players will get around that by giving their custom a different name while the other stats are the same, such as a Level 8 LIGHT Dragon Normal Monster with 3000 Attack and 2500 Defense, but with a name other than Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Then we'll have to give you the ability to see if players are using customs with the same stats as already-existing official monsters, and then players will get around that too by changing one of the stats to something else that's slightly different, while keeping everything else the same, such as making their Level 8 LIGHT Dragon Normal Monster have 2450 Defense instead of 2500.

My point is that something like this is going to be difficult to enforce due to the ways people are going to try to get around it. You're better off simply putting in your duel note that you want people to use at least some customs when dueling you.

You severly overestimate the productivity of people who can't even be bothered to make a single custom card of their own. Sure, there will be some trolls, but this will still thin the herd by about 70-80% I'd say.

Having to deal with 2-3 trolls per day will be much preferrable to dealing with 20-25 who can't read the word "Customs" at the top of the tab.

D4rkPrince

Post #9 by D4rkPrince » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:48 pm

actually its not even a matter of makin a card , cuz actually you only need to copy paste and save , same for the pics

it'd be a matter of including 1 real card , made in custom , so you only need to make 1 card to play custom and not get marked as tcg/ocg player only

so actually makin them markable while joinin a duel or not , doesnt really changes a lot .

realistically talkin even a real deck which doesnt use the extra deck at all can easily put 1 custom card there and banish it the same due to pot or else which would send it out , not changing the purpose of the main deck at all

Futuregamer

Post #10 by Futuregamer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:45 am

If someone bothers to, obviously it's super-easy to get over it, you can't stop the trolls, but the thing is, most of the braindead people in customs tab won't.

Renji Asuka

Post #11 by Renji Asuka » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:10 pm

Futuregamer wrote:If someone bothers to, obviously it's super-easy to get over it, you can't stop the trolls, but the thing is, most of the braindead people in customs tab won't.

And that's where you're wrong.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Genexwrecker

Post #12 by Genexwrecker » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:55 pm

We have already implemented your suggestion way before customs existed. Simply host with a duel note saying “customs only” if you only want to duel customs
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Futuregamer

Post #13 by Futuregamer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:30 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:We have already implemented your suggestion way before customs existed. Simply host with a duel note saying “customs only” if you only want to duel customs

So... Ehm... Is life hard on that parallel universe you live in where that would be remotely effective?

Genexwrecker

Post #14 by Genexwrecker » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:44 pm

Futuregamer wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:We have already implemented your suggestion way before customs existed. Simply host with a duel note saying “customs only” if you only want to duel customs

So... Ehm... Is life hard on that parallel universe you live in where that would be remotely effective?

random people disregarding a persons duel requests is not an issue just leave and try again
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Futuregamer

Post #15 by Futuregamer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:33 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Futuregamer wrote:

random people disregarding a persons duel requests is not an issue just leave and try again

I do that anyway... Every day... Usually 7-10 times in a row until I finally get someone that plays customs. Seriously, about 60-70% of the people in customs every day don't play customs. I know I'm not alone in this. A simple automatic note would really help save time for everyone. It would just be a copy-paste of the code for less than 40 cards with a slightly different "if".

Return to “Suggestions”