Proper Master Rule support for old formats - deckbuilding.

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
this is great

Proper Master Rule support for old formats - deckbuilding.

Post #1 by this is great » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:05 am

Prior to 2008 there was no size limit for decks, so you could run more than 60 cards. I propose this be implemented in the deckbuilder for unlimited and Goat format. There have been recent strives to increase the accuracy of old Master rule formats by implementing theoretically unlimited Fusion decks, and this is really the last issue to tackle.

DuskWill

Post #2 by DuskWill » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:32 am

While I'm not going to say it's impossible, since you would just have to factor the max number of Goat Format cards available times 3 (with a few name condition exceptions)... There are a lot of consequences in that.

For an instance, the deckbuilder would have to feature a scroll bar for both Main and Fusion decks or be completely text, and both demands changes in the interface. Next, there's the practical issue that comes with memory allocation and data size for the increased deck sizes, but that's beyond me, I don't know the details of the site's programming.

Don't get me wrong, making an old format completely realistic sounds awesome. But there's so much more beyond that suggestion. I mean, Magic the Gathering decks has literally no maximum size, as long as you can shuffle your deck in your hands unassisted. Online simulators lack that issue, but there are others that are needed to address. If anything, I'll leave that to developers here to explain it further.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Renji Asuka

Post #3 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:52 am

DuskWill wrote:While I'm not going to say it's impossible, since you would just have to factor the max number of Goat Format cards available times 3 (with a few name condition exceptions)... There are a lot of consequences in that.

For an instance, the deckbuilder would have to feature a scroll bar for both Main and Fusion decks or be completely text, and both demands changes in the interface. Next, there's the practical issue that comes with memory allocation and data size for the increased deck sizes, but that's beyond me, I don't know the details of the site's programming.

Don't get me wrong, making an old format completely realistic sounds awesome. But there's so much more beyond that suggestion. I mean, Magic the Gathering decks has literally no maximum size, as long as you can shuffle your deck in your hands unassisted. Online simulators lack that issue, but there are others that are needed to address. If anything, I'll leave that to developers here to explain it further.

I don't know when you played MTG last, but last I played in 2011, your deck had to be 60 cards.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

this is great

Post #4 by this is great » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:27 am

DuskWill wrote:While I'm not going to say it's impossible, since you would just have to factor the max number of Goat Format cards available times 3 (with a few name condition exceptions)... There are a lot of consequences in that.

be quiet

DarkPhenix

Post #5 by DarkPhenix » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:32 pm

this is great wrote:Prior to 2008 there was no size limit for decks, so you could run more than 60 cards. I propose this be implemented in the deckbuilder for unlimited and Goat format. There have been recent strives to increase the accuracy of old Master rule formats by implementing theoretically unlimited Fusion decks, and this is really the last issue to tackle.

To create "unlimited space" would be immpossilbe... unless they would want to created like a 10,000 slot deck constructer which would not be advisable and would take lots of memory and overhead
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

greg503

Post #6 by greg503 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:11 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:

I don't know when you played MTG last, but last I played in 2011, your deck had to be 60 cards.

In what format? Standard and other constructed formats have had no deck size limit outside of being able to shuffle it to my knowledge.
Buy Floowandereeze

Debt

Post #7 by Debt » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:43 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:I don't know when you played MTG last, but last I played in 2011, your deck had to be 60 cards.

Being able to shuffle without assistance is the deck limit for mtg, except in edh where it's 99 + commander. Look at the card battle of wits

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #8 by Darkraiclone » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:50 pm

this is great wrote:be quiet

Yep, we got ourselves a troll.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

this is great

Post #9 by this is great » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:38 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:

I'm not trolling, it's just ludicrous that somebody who has clearly never developed for the website is making up potential development problems even though it's probably the most unproductive thing one could do. It's not like the actual developers are going to magically agree with him.

this is great

Post #10 by this is great » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:39 pm

DarkPhenix wrote:
this is great wrote:Prior to 2008 there was no size limit for decks, so you could run more than 60 cards. I propose this be implemented in the deckbuilder for unlimited and Goat format. There have been recent strives to increase the accuracy of old Master rule formats by implementing theoretically unlimited Fusion decks, and this is really the last issue to tackle.

To create "unlimited space" would be immpossilbe... unless they would want to created like a 10,000 slot deck constructer which would not be advisable and would take lots of memory and overhead

Cool, do you program the website?

troglyte
Mood:

Post #11 by troglyte » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:06 pm

this is great wrote:
DarkPhenix wrote:

Cool, do you program the website?

do YOU?
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

DuskWill

Post #12 by DuskWill » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:14 pm

this is great wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:

I'm not trolling, it's just ludicrous that somebody who has clearly never developed for the website is making up potential development problems even though it's probably the most unproductive thing one could do. It's not like the actual developers are going to magically agree with him.

Sorry, but I can't see that reply you gave me any less of a troll. Presenting problems to a given idea isn't being unproductive, it's being realistic. It's evaluating the issues and seeing how to overcome them, if possible. You don't overcome challenging obstacles just by shushing whomever points out the bumps in your way. It's not like they're not going to be there if nobody points them out. The developers would have to deal with it anyway and come to a conclusion based on those problems.

Also, yes, I have never developed for the website but it doesn't mean I can't see issues with a given idea. You don't have to be an engineer to point out that a car made out of wood would result in specific maintenance issues or be a ornithologist to say that having a penguin for a pet will require proper and possibly expensive accommodations. Both ideas are feasible, but you can't ignore the problems that comes with it.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

greg503

Post #13 by greg503 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:25 pm

I don't need to know DBs development cycle to tell you that it would be expensive to store a bunch of 2000 GB deck files
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #14 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:09 pm

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

In what format? Standard and other constructed formats have had no deck size limit outside of being able to shuffle it to my knowledge.

It's just what I remembered in standard format. I could be wrong though.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

this is great

Post #15 by this is great » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:13 pm

greg503 wrote:I don't need to know DBs development cycle to tell you that it would be expensive to store a bunch of 2000 GB deck files

I don't understand how you think the files would be 2000 gigabytes when they export as plain text. Please do explain.

this is great

Post #16 by this is great » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:15 pm

DuskWill wrote:
this is great wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:Yep, we got ourselves a troll.

Sorry, but I can't see that reply you gave me any less of a troll. Presenting problems to a given idea isn't being unproductive, it's being realistic. It's evaluating the issues and seeing how to overcome them, if possible. You don't overcome challenging obstacles just by shushing whomever points out the bumps in your way. It's not like they're not going to be there if nobody points them out. The developers would have to deal with it anyway and come to a conclusion based on those problems.

Also, yes, I have never developed for the website but it doesn't mean I can't see issues with a given idea. You don't have to be an engineer to point out that a car made out of wood would result in specific maintenance issues or be a ornithologist to say that having a penguin for a pet will require proper and possibly expensive accommodations. Both ideas are feasible, but you can't ignore the problems that comes with it.

i already said be quiet yet u reply with this wall of text im not going to read. stop being a noob

KTeknis

Post #17 by KTeknis » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:09 pm

this is great wrote:i already said be quiet yet u reply with this wall of text im not going to read. stop being a noob

Uhh, insulting people like that won't help your cause, nor it makes you look like the better person.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Return to “Suggestions”