more severe consequences for "negativity" in the forums

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
CrystalMusic
Mood:

more severe consequences for "negativity" in the forums

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:41 am

let me make this short and simple:

if one makes a forum post that has nothing negative about it, for example: What is your soul card? Now lets say I said "Guardian Eatos" (which BTW Guardian Eatos is my soul card) so... nothing negative about this right? But all of a sudden someone (whom i will call "ghost") comments: "Guardian Eatos is garbage, you're garbage, quit playing this game"

I believe that comment made by "ghost" should be seen as negative and "ghost" should be penalized for commenting negatively on a post that had nothing negative to begin with.

What should the punishment be? I think a simple 24 hour ban from the forums should do the trick for each offense with a 3rd offense resulting in more "severe" consequences. Maybe this will teach people: "if you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all."
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #2 by LightCaster » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:48 am

CrystalMusic wrote:let me make this short and simple:

if one makes a forum post that has nothing negative about it, for example: What is your soul card? Now lets say I said "Guardian Eatos" (which BTW Guardian Eatos is my soul card) so... nothing negative about this right? But all of a sudden someone (whom i will call "ghost") comments: "Guardian Eatos is garbage, you're garbage, quit playing this game"

I believe that comment made by "ghost" should be seen as negative and "ghost" should be penalized for commenting negatively on a post that had nothing negative to begin with.

What should the punishment be? I think a simple 24 hour ban from the forums should do the trick for each offense with a 3rd offense resulting in more "severe" consequences. Maybe this will teach people: "if you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all."

Coming from the guy who makes callout forum posts more than he does making decent posts, this is absolutely hilarious that you demand better consequences for people commenting negatively.

DuskWill

Post #3 by DuskWill » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:15 am

Is this a reflection of the ever increasing academic problem we're living today, where "negative" content that "hurts your feelings" faces censorship?

Also, I find it extremely worrying that you NEED to have your comments to be only positive. That makes you incredibly susceptible to argumentum ad passiones, in which people will win you over if you get spoon-fed "positive" content, and making your critical thinking ruined in the end.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Renji Asuka

Post #4 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:51 am

CrystalMusic, IF and I mean IF this was implemented, you'd be banned from the forum and on DB.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #5 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:26 pm

DuskWill wrote:

Is this a reflection of the ever increasing academic problem we're living today, where "negative" content that "hurts your feelings" faces censorship?

Also, I find it extremely worrying that you NEED to have your comments to be only positive. That makes you incredibly susceptible to argumentum ad passiones, in which people will win you over if you get spoon-fed "positive" content, and making your critical thinking ruined in the end.

From what i have seen from comments on my posts I believe the following rules are being violated, BUT ill leave that to a judge to decide:

Forum Rule 1: Be mature and respect eachother.
Forum Rule 3. Harassment is not allowed.
And when people post a custom card that contains an image of my face: Forum Rule 6. Don't post other peoples' personal information without their permission. So, According to Section 12 of the Information Privacy Act 2009:
Personal information can be almost any information that is associated with an identifiable living individual. It can include correspondence, audio recordings, images, alpha-numerical identifiers and combinations of these:
- It must be about an individual.
- The individual's identity must be reasonably ascertainable from the information or opinion.
Information does not have to be true in order to be personal information and it does not need to be written down or recorded in another material form, such as a photograph or audio recording. It can be spoken or communicated in another way, for example, by sign language.
The definition of personal information is very broad and it captures a large amount of information.

Examples of personal Information:
- a person's name, address, phone number or email address
- a photograph of a person
- a video recording of a person, whether CCTV or otherwise
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #6 by Darkraiclone » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:18 pm

So in short, you don't want people calling you out for the garbage human being you are. Fair enough.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

Debt

Post #7 by Debt » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:34 pm

He can dish it out, but can't even take 1% of it

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #8 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:39 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:

So in short, you don't want people calling you out for the garbage human being you are. Fair enough.

says the one being negative on a post that had no negativity to start with

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #9 by Darkraiclone » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:43 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:

says the one being negative on a post that had no negativity to start with

Well isn't it what you're wanting harsher punishments for, so people can stop calling you out on your bullshit? As Renji said, if they did implement this, you would be banned from the forums and DB six ways from Sunday given all the shit you've done and still do.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #10 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:49 pm

whatever... because of your tiny egos and microscopic cajones, throwing insults at someone who made a positive post makes you guys feel bigger, meaner and better, when in truth all youre proving is how weak you are. if you're so "mighty" lets see you do this to some random person IRL instead of online! Ill even record the whole thing from the sidelines!

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #11 by Darkraiclone » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:55 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:whatever... because of your tiny egos and microscopic cajones, throwing insults at someone who made a positive post makes you guys feel bigger, meaner and better, when in truth all youre proving is how weak you are. if you're so "mighty" lets see you do this to some random person IRL instead of online! Ill even record the whole thing from the sidelines!

And yet again, the whole point just flies one thousand feet over your head. Also, "throwing insults at someone who made a positive post makes you guys feel bigger, meaner and better, when in truth all youre proving is how weak you are." You do this shit towards people who play a fucking children's card game with you without following your dumbass rules and yet you're saying that you're innocent in all of this. You know what, why don't you go do this IRL, go to an actual tournament and try to force someone else to play by your dumb rules and throw one of your trademark fits in the public and see if anyone will feel sorry for you then.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #12 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:57 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:whatever... because of your tiny egos and microscopic cajones, throwing insults at someone who made a positive post makes you guys feel bigger, meaner and better, when in truth all youre proving is how weak you are. if you're so "mighty" lets see you do this to some random person IRL instead of online! Ill even record the whole thing from the sidelines!

And yet again, the whole point just flies one thousand feet over your head. Also, "throwing insults at someone who made a positive post makes you guys feel bigger, meaner and better, when in truth all youre proving is how weak you are." You do this shit towards people who play a fucking children's card game with you without following your dumbass rules and yet you're saying that you're innocent in all of this. You know what, why don't you go do this IRL, go to an actual tournament and try to force someone else to play by your dumb rules and throw one of your trademark fits in the public and see if anyone will feel sorry for you then.

dude i play this at a local card shop. my six sams wipe the floor with the competition!

Debt

Post #13 by Debt » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:59 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:And yet again, the whole point just flies one thousand feet over your head. Also, "throwing insults at someone who made a positive post makes you guys feel bigger, meaner and better, when in truth all youre proving is how weak you are." You do this shit towards people who play a fucking children's card game with you without following your dumbass rules and yet you're saying that you're innocent in all of this. You know what, why don't you go do this IRL, go to an actual tournament and try to force someone else to play by your dumb rules and throw one of your trademark fits in the public and see if anyone will feel sorry for you then.

I would almost pay to see the card game equivalent of the pickle rick mcdonald's guy.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #14 by Darkraiclone » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:01 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:

dude i play this at a local card shop. my six sams wipe the floor with the competition!

Oh no, I want you to go to your card shop and make someone play by your rules there and play one of the combo decks you made. Also, I bet, do you have scoreboards or any sort of proof of how well you do at the card shop and what decks your opponents are playing?

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #15 by LightCaster » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:04 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:

Why do I highly doubt that? Oh, wait. Because of your sociopathic tendencies, You'll say literally anything to prove me otherwise and Six Sams aren't THAT amazing of a deck.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #16 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:29 pm

whatever guys, im not going to get into any of this with yall, if you want to make this an argument, you can argue amongst yourselves. I said my peace, have a nice day! (and no this isnt me "quitting" or "admiting defeat" etc, etc. its called being the smart and mature one knowing when to draw the line! Enough is enough! good day!)

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #17 by LightCaster » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:51 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:whatever guys, im not going to get into any of this with yall, if you want to make this an argument, you can argue amongst yourselves. I said my peace, have a nice day! (and no this isnt me "quitting" or "admiting defeat" etc, etc. its called being the smart and mature one knowing when to draw the line! Enough is enough! good day!)

No. You're admitting defeat because you can't understand or handle when your logic is called into question and disproven on the hows and whys.

greg503

Post #18 by greg503 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:03 pm

Do you make these posts knowing no one will agree with you?
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #19 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:08 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:

Like that one time where you claimed you won Worlds and lied about it?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Genexwrecker

Post #20 by Genexwrecker » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:25 am

If we started cracking down on problematic users on forums the first removed would be you crystal music
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Return to “Suggestions”