more severe consequences for "negativity" in the forums

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Christen57
User avatar
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 pm
Reputation: 36

Re: more severe consequences for "negativity" in the forums

Post #21 by Christen57 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:09 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
DuskWill wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:let me make this short and simple:

if one makes a forum post that has nothing negative about it, for example: What is your soul card? Now lets say I said "Guardian Eatos" (which BTW Guardian Eatos is my soul card) so... nothing negative about this right? But all of a sudden someone (whom i will call "ghost") comments: "Guardian Eatos is garbage, you're garbage, quit playing this game"

I believe that comment made by "ghost" should be seen as negative and "ghost" should be penalized for commenting negatively on a post that had nothing negative to begin with.

What should the punishment be? I think a simple 24 hour ban from the forums should do the trick for each offense with a 3rd offense resulting in more "severe" consequences. Maybe this will teach people: "if you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all."

Is this a reflection of the ever increasing academic problem we're living today, where "negative" content that "hurts your feelings" faces censorship?

Also, I find it extremely worrying that you NEED to have your comments to be only positive. That makes you incredibly susceptible to argumentum ad passiones, in which people will win you over if you get spoon-fed "positive" content, and making your critical thinking ruined in the end.


From what i have seen from comments on my posts I believe the following rules are being violated, BUT ill leave that to a judge to decide:

Forum Rule 1: Be mature and respect eachother.
Forum Rule 3. Harassment is not allowed.
And when people post a custom card that contains an image of my face: Forum Rule 6. Don't post other peoples' personal information without their permission. So, According to Section 12 of the Information Privacy Act 2009:
Personal information can be almost any information that is associated with an identifiable living individual. It can include correspondence, audio recordings, images, alpha-numerical identifiers and combinations of these:
- It must be about an individual.
- The individual's identity must be reasonably ascertainable from the information or opinion.
Information does not have to be true in order to be personal information and it does not need to be written down or recorded in another material form, such as a photograph or audio recording. It can be spoken or communicated in another way, for example, by sign language.
The definition of personal information is very broad and it captures a large amount of information.

Examples of personal Information:
- a person's name, address, phone number or email address
- a photograph of a person
- a video recording of a person, whether CCTV or otherwise


Are you sure a person's picture counts as "personal information" though? I ask this because there are plenty of users on this site, including some moderators/judges, whose profile pictures are pictures of real life people they found through google images or whatever.

For example, the user known as TheYugiohSlut has a picture of a half-naked guy in his profile picture, yet nobody's penalizing/arresting him or anything for posting a picture of someone without showing us that he got permission from that person to use that image.


Image

If it's true that pictures count as personal information, why would the admins have rules prohibiting people from sharing personal information without permission and still allow one of their own moderators to be running around on the forums with a profile picture of a stranger?

Debt
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 87

Post #22 by Debt » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:38 am

That's xteven lol

Neo_Fire_Sonic
User avatar
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:57 am
Reputation: 31

Post #23 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:14 am

Debt wrote:That's xteven lol

Image
and his golden nipples.
no one would care if we had a picture of CM shirtless, he isn't xteven
b

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1226
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 15
Mood:

Post #24 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:03 am

Genexwrecker wrote:If we started cracking down on problematic users on forums the first removed would be you crystal music


even though i have never commented negatively on someone elses posts? yeah ok. i wonder what the head judges would think about that!
also, how would i be banned first? going after someone because of issues that happened BEFORE a rule change? yeah ok. good luck with that!
also i said "Negativity" not "problematic"

DuskWill
User avatar
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:27 am
Reputation: 20
Location: Brasil

Post #25 by DuskWill » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:30 am

CrystalMusic wrote:i wonder what the head judges would think about that!

Karen intensifies.

Also, resorting to argumentum ab auctoritate before even checking with them or looking for ways to avoid such situation...

greg503
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:43 pm
Reputation: 28

Post #26 by greg503 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:52 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:If we started cracking down on problematic users on forums the first removed would be you crystal music


even though i have never commented negatively on someone elses posts? yeah ok. i wonder what the head judges would think about that!
also, how would i be banned first? going after someone because of issues that happened BEFORE a rule change? yeah ok. good luck with that!
also i said "Negativity" not "problematic"

"Negativity" is a fact of life, problematic is when things are too extreme or unjustified, like your streak of insulting players for petty reasons.
Also, it doesn't matter whether you comment negatively on someone else's post, you have had toxic streaks on DB and banning you would be more justifiable then banning a new user who decided to express their dislike over a custom card or something.

Genexwrecker
User avatar
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 pm
Reputation: 119

Post #27 by Genexwrecker » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:57 am

Crystal Music what you dont seem to realize is that the only reason you continue to exist on the site is due to the leniency we have towards the casual sections of duelingbook. If you tried any of the posting you do in my sections of the forum you would be removed from them immediately. You have never once contributed anything remotely positive to duelingbook and the ammount of reports about you is massive.
Official Duelingbook Support staff

Darkraiclone
User avatar
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:20 am
Reputation: 19
Mood:

Post #28 by Darkraiclone » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:17 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:If we started cracking down on problematic users on forums the first removed would be you crystal music


even though i have never commented negatively on someone elses posts? yeah ok. i wonder what the head judges would think about that!
also, how would i be banned first? going after someone because of issues that happened BEFORE a rule change? yeah ok. good luck with that!
also i said "Negativity" not "problematic"

And like always, you missed the point entirely. All of this "Negativity" that you've been getting, you deserve it, and you deserve it because you brought all of it upon yourself with the way you've acted and behaved towards other players, by insulting them for petty reasons, picking fights with them over petty reasons, and then not being man enough to at least put an end to said fights by blocking them and running away. So all in all, you have nobody to blame for said negativity except yourself, and since you claim to be a follower of God, I believe there are a few choice phrases that sum up what you're going through, "You reap what you sow." and "Do onto others as you would have them do onto you."
Everyone's favorite crybaby.
Image

Renji Asuka
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 71

Post #29 by Renji Asuka » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:02 am

Genexwrecker wrote:Crystal Music what you dont seem to realize is that the only reason you continue to exist on the site is due to the leniency we have towards the casual sections of duelingbook. If you tried any of the posting you do in my sections of the forum you would be removed from them immediately. You have never once contributed anything remotely positive to duelingbook and the ammount of reports about you is massive.

I know I can't really ask about punishment and stuff, regarding bans, but if there is massive amounts of reports on CrystalMusic, why are they still here exactly? Or are you not able to answer that?

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1226
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 15
Mood:

Post #30 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:23 am

whatever, im done with this topic, i said my peace, good day.

Debt
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 87

Post #31 by Debt » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:30 am

Keep running away when people call you out on your shit. I'm sure that it'll work out great for you.

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1226
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 15
Mood:

Post #32 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:39 am

Genexwrecker wrote:Crystal Music what you dont seem to realize is that the only reason you continue to exist on the site is due to the leniency we have towards the casual sections of duelingbook. If you tried any of the posting you do in my sections of the forum you would be removed from them immediately. You have never once contributed anything remotely positive to duelingbook and the ammount of reports about you is massive.


actually, i have helped people understand spell speeds. its the one thing i know best. counter traps are the fastest at spell speed 3. Only another counter trap can be chained in response to a counter trap. (exceptions on if the summon/effect of jinzo or the activation/effect of royal decree are not negated - then they can stop counter traps from being activated) Iv had people try to use trap stun in chain to dark bribe. the only person who didnt understand spell speeds was Imahappytomatoe, even after i explained that a monsters quick effect like "Ash Blossom & Joyus Spring" OR "Effect Veiler) cannot be used in response to a counter trap like "7 tools of the bandit" they said "they have used trap stun in response to 7 tools and no one "batted an eye" I replied: "thats because your opponents didnt understand spell speeds. you cant and never could use trap stun in chain to 7 tools of the bandit. spell speeds change the whole outcome of a chain" (or chains).

so i have contributed to something positive. Also, i dont know if you knew this, but the amount of threats i get from other users is overwhelming (And they all say i deserve these threats) NO ONE deserves to be threatened over a card game! Not to mention its against the rules to threaten other users! And some people dont realize there are rules for custom card imagry. I know that rule by heart. And i have reported a few users here and there for using illegal custom card imagry. So in a way i am helping the site stay, should i say "PG13" when it comes to imagry. So, sorry to burst your bubble, but i have contributed to something positive for the site. If you dont believe me, go ask Lantern, Klubba, and Player1 about my reports i submitted against violations of Custom Card Imagry, Harassment, Threats and Illegal Duel Notes. I have been threatened by James111, James123 (which is James111 backup account when they get "banned" from the forums. it even said it in their quote so, idk about you but that sounds like an admittance of "Ban evading"?) Along with LordBakura, and XdeadcentreX in the past. (and i was smart enough to know what to do when threatened)

Darkraiclone
User avatar
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:20 am
Reputation: 19
Mood:

Post #33 by Darkraiclone » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:49 am

CrystalMusic wrote:whatever, im done with this topic, i said my peace, good day.

And just like always, you run away like a little coward the moment your views are challenged. You never cease to amaze.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.
Image

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1226
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 15
Mood:

Post #34 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:51 am

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:whatever, im done with this topic, i said my peace, good day.

And just like always, you run away like a little coward the moment your views are challenged. You never cease to amaze.


if being the bigger person of knowing when to "draw the line" is cowardice to you, id hate to know what you consider courageous! Also, this is proof, in my opinion, that you dont know the difference of "Cowardice" and "Wisdom"

A wise person will know when to walk away from a situation. And being able to walk away from a situation is courage. So at least i can know ill be walking away with my head help up high because all you want you want to do is fight. So ill be keeping my dignity as well.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Debt
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 87

Post #35 by Debt » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:55 am

And what about all the misinformation you spew out? Do you think the miniscule amount of help you've given offsets all the shit you try to pull? Do you think it's in line with the rules to mislead people about what the rules are? Do you think you're in the right when you constantly try to threaten new players with mass humiliation?

Darkraiclone
User avatar
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:20 am
Reputation: 19
Mood:

Post #36 by Darkraiclone » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:57 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:whatever, im done with this topic, i said my peace, good day.

And just like always, you run away like a little coward the moment your views are challenged. You never cease to amaze.


if being the bigger person of knowing when to "draw the line" is cowardice to you, id hate to know what you consider courageous!

I view simply standing up for your views, and trying to defend or justify your actions as being courageous, you on the other hand are simply blocking people and running away the moment they challenge your views and criticize your actions and behavior, and why is that? Because you don't know how to defend or justify yourself, or you know what you're doing is wrong and running away from those who are calling you out on it, I.E. being a little coward, but hey, if that helps you sleep at night knowing that you'll never grow as a human being, then keep doing it, and keep repeating this cycle you've decided to put yourself in, we'll all be there waiting for you.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.
Image

NiwatoriFTW
User avatar
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 1:11 am
Reputation: 22

Post #37 by NiwatoriFTW » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:00 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Crystal Music what you dont seem to realize is that the only reason you continue to exist on the site is due to the leniency we have towards the casual sections of duelingbook. If you tried any of the posting you do in my sections of the forum you would be removed from them immediately. You have never once contributed anything remotely positive to duelingbook and the ammount of reports about you is massive.


actually, i have helped people understand spell speeds. its the one thing i know best. counter traps are the fastest at spell speed 3. Only another counter trap can be chained in response to a counter trap. (exceptions on if the summon/effect of jinzo or the activation/effect of royal decree are not negated - then they can stop counter traps from being activated) Iv had people try to use trap stun in chain to dark bribe. the only person who didnt understand spell speeds was Imahappytomatoe, even after i explained that a monsters quick effect like "Ash Blossom & Joyus Spring" OR "Effect Veiler) cannot be used in response to a counter trap like "7 tools of the bandit" they said "they have used trap stun in response to 7 tools and no one "batted an eye" I replied: "thats because your opponents didnt understand spell speeds. you cant and never could use trap stun in chain to 7 tools of the bandit. spell speeds change the whole outcome of a chain" (or chains).

so i have contributed to something positive. Also, i dont know if you knew this, but the amount of threats i get from other users is overwhelming (And they all say i deserve these threats) NO ONE deserves to be threatened over a card game! Not to mention its against the rules to threaten other users! And some people dont realize there are rules for custom card imagry. I know that rule by heart. And i have reported a few users here and there for using illegal custom card imagry. So in a way i am helping the site stay, should i say "PG13" when it comes to imagry. So, sorry to burst your bubble, but i have contributed to something positive for the site. If you dont believe me, go ask Lantern, Klubba, and Player1 about my reports i submitted against violations of Custom Card Imagry, Harassment, Threats and Illegal Duel Notes. I have been threatened by James111, James123 (which is James111 backup account when they get "banned" from the forums. it even said it in their quote so, idk about you but that sounds like an admittance of "Ban evading"?) Along with LordBakura, and XdeadcentreX in the past. (and i was smart enough to know what to do when threatened)

Yeah, whatever you say...
Image
Image
Image
From https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-21612782
[4:40] CrystalMusic: Activated Set "Seraph's Judgement" in S-3
[4:51] CrystalMusic: "since my trap is a counter its faster than ur field spell"
[4:58] CrystalMusic: Lost 1000 LP
[5:03] Xtragon: "sorry but no"
[5:08] CrystalMusic: "so it cant stop the counter trap from negating ur summon"
[5:10] Xtragon: "you cant activate cards in response to it being summoned"
[5:20] CrystalMusic: "wrong"
[5:27] CrystalMusic: "ur field spell is a spell speed 2"
[5:30] CrystalMusic: "my trap is a counter"
[5:35] CrystalMusic: "mine is faste rthan ur measly spell"
[5:38] CrystalMusic: "see"
[5:41] CrystalMusic: "this is what im saying"
[5:47] CrystalMusic: "u ppl need to learn what spell speeds are"
[5:49] CrystalMusic: "and how they work"
[5:54] Xtragon: "sorry but"
[5:58] CrystalMusic: "ur wrong"
[6:00] CrystalMusic: "end of argument"
[6:03] CrystalMusic: "goodbye noob"
[6:04] Xtragon: "pretty sure a continuous effect is applied first"
[6:08] CrystalMusic: "leanr spell speed sbefore u play again"
[6:11] CrystalMusic: "wrong"
[6:13] CrystalMusic: "spells peed 32"
[6:15] CrystalMusic: "3*"
[6:19] CrystalMusic: "my card is faster"
[6:24] CrystalMusic: "learn spell speeds"
[6:27] CrystalMusic: Left duel
Xtragon Xtramension
Field Spell Card
If this card is activated: add 1 "Xtrago" from your Deck to your hand. The summon of "Xtragon" Extra Deck monsters cannot be negated, also your opponent cannot activate cards or effects when an "Xtragon" monster is summoned from the Extra Deck. You can only activate "Xtragon Xtramension" Once per turn.

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1226
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 15
Mood:

Post #38 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:01 am

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:And just like always, you run away like a little coward the moment your views are challenged. You never cease to amaze.


if being the bigger person of knowing when to "draw the line" is cowardice to you, id hate to know what you consider courageous!

I view simply standing up for your views, and trying to defend or justify your actions as being courageous, you on the other hand are simply blocking people and running away the moment they challenge your views and criticize your actions and behavior, and why is that? Because you don't know how to defend or justify yourself, or you know what you're doing is wrong and running away from those who are calling you out on it, I.E. being a little coward, but hey, if that helps you sleep at night knowing that you'll never grow as a human being, then keep doing it, and keep repeating this cycle you've decided to put yourself in, we'll all be there waiting for you.



As i said: A wise person will know when to walk away from a situation. And being able to walk away from a situation is courage. So at least i can know ill be walking away with my head help up high because all you want you want to do is fight. So ill be keeping my dignity as well. You can live with the view you believe in. I only defend myself from people who i deem are "worth my time" to do so. Otherwise i just walk away because all that'll happen is a never ending cycle of back and fourth arguments, anger and emotion.

GOOD DAY!

Debt
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 87

Post #39 by Debt » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:06 am

CrystalMusic wrote:As i said: A wise person will know when to walk away from a situation. And being able to walk away from a situation is courage. So at least i can know ill be walking away with my head help up high because all you want you want to do is fight. So ill be keeping my dignity as well. You can live with the view you believe in. I only defend myself from people who i deem are "worth my time" to do so. Otherwise i just walk away because all that'll happen is a never ending cycle of back and fourth arguments, anger and emotion.

You're just running away from an argument you can't win. If you were actually the bigger man you could concede to his point and resolve to better yourself. What you do instead is run away so you can maintain your delusion that you're in the right.

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1226
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 15
Mood:

Post #40 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:09 am

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:As i said: A wise person will know when to walk away from a situation. And being able to walk away from a situation is courage. So at least i can know ill be walking away with my head help up high because all you want you want to do is fight. So ill be keeping my dignity as well. You can live with the view you believe in. I only defend myself from people who i deem are "worth my time" to do so. Otherwise i just walk away because all that'll happen is a never ending cycle of back and fourth arguments, anger and emotion.

You're just running away from an argument you can't win. If you were actually the bigger man you could concede to his point and resolve to better yourself. What you do instead is run away so you can maintain your delusion that you're in the right.


I SAID GOOD DAY!


Return to “Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests