Bigger buttons

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Geass

Bigger buttons

Post #1 by Geass » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:41 pm

The interaction buttons on the cards should be bigger and better spaced to avoid missclicks, and people claiming for missclicks to return committed missplays.

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:53 pm

It is impossible to misclick if you are playing properly. misclicks are due to either not paying enough attention or rushing.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

greg503

Post #3 by greg503 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:08 am

But what if you're on mobile?
Buy Floowandereeze

Geass

Post #4 by Geass » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:05 am

Genexwrecker wrote:It is impossible to misclick if you are playing properly. misclicks are due to either not paying enough attention or rushing.
so you shouldn't have played, the game buttons are tiny and easy to click wrong. Furthermore, people abuse this premise of missclick to rollback a missplay. The most curious thing is that if there is no missclick, why do the judges allow a player return the game state when they alleges missclick? It has happened hundreds of times to me that a judge allows my opponent to return a play because he claimed missclick, even though it is clear that he committed missplay.

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:34 am

greg503 wrote:But what if you're on mobile?

You should never be on mobile duelingbook is not a mobile app i see it as intentionally causing issues in a duel if you choose to duel on it and cant play properly at all because of it.

Genexwrecker

Post #6 by Genexwrecker » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:39 am

Geass wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:It is impossible to misclick if you are playing properly. misclicks are due to either not paying enough attention or rushing.
so you shouldn't have played, the game buttons are tiny and easy to click wrong. Furthermore, people abuse this premise of missclick to rollback a missplay. The most curious thing is that if there is no missclick, why do the judges allow a player return the game state when they alleges missclick? It has happened hundreds of times to me that a judge allows my opponent to return a play because he claimed missclick, even though it is clear that he committed missplay.

I Did not say misclicks dont exist but the issue with misclicks is not the button size. Misclicks are rolled back because they are an accident that was not meant to happen usually due to something on the players end. I have taken thousands of misclick Judge calls and all misclicks have been caused by trying to do things too quickly or just not being carefuly enough or paying attention. players like to play quickly which results in them clicking the buttons that are close or next to eachother. Playing properly completely avoids any chance you can misclick anything. Also larger buttons wont really fix the issue as you would just clock up the interface with more easier to hit buttons that people who again are not paying attention will click incorrectly regardless of the size. Also dont think misclicks are as simpple as we are allowing players to roll back plays. We dont just say oh you said its a misclick okay so its a misclick roll it back. There are lots of variables and factors and information you the users do not have access to that we use to determine if something was truely a misclick or not. 99% of the time a player is trying to take back a play and claim misclick we either dont let them take it back or they get frozen for lying.

DarkPhenix

Post #7 by DarkPhenix » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:52 pm

The judges asses the logs, the cards on the field, in the hand, how the players communicated with one another. When a judge declares a missclick, it is after considerable thought has been inputed into the situation. Judges do not just say "missclick" without using all their tools to determine if it was a missclick. These rulings go by situation and change depending on the factors listed above :)
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Renji Asuka

Post #8 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:58 am

Idk, I misclicked plenty of times simply because I can't aim for crap.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

d1234

Post #9 by d1234 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:58 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Geass wrote:

I Did not say misclicks dont exist but the issue with misclicks is not the button size. Misclicks are rolled back because they are an accident that was not meant to happen usually due to something on the players end. I have taken thousands of misclick Judge calls and all misclicks have been caused by trying to do things too quickly or just not being carefuly enough or paying attention. players like to play quickly which results in them clicking the buttons that are close or next to eachother. Playing properly completely avoids any chance you can misclick anything. Also larger buttons wont really fix the issue as you would just clock up the interface with more easier to hit buttons that people who again are not paying attention will click incorrectly regardless of the size. Also dont think misclicks are as simpple as we are allowing players to roll back plays. We dont just say oh you said its a misclick okay so its a misclick roll it back. There are lots of variables and factors and information you the users do not have access to that we use to determine if something was truely a misclick or not. 99% of the time a player is trying to take back a play and claim misclick we either dont let them take it back or they get frozen for lying.

Maybe you could make a setting where you can choose the size
Remove Dark Cyborg from beginner.

Return to “Suggestions”