allow us to restrict who can use custom cards we create

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
CrystalMusic
Mood:

allow us to restrict who can use custom cards we create

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:40 am

the current feature makes it so you can restrict who can search your cards. i think that feature should be changed to who can USE your cards.

its simple:
The Feature: Card Accessibility
The Options: Public or Private

Public: Anyone can use the card you created.
Private: No one except for you can use the card you created. (This should also delete/remove the card from everyones decks that contain it, except yours)
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:15 am

No.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Debt

Post #3 by Debt » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:29 am

Coding isn't magic. Either suggest a way you can make this work without breaking a bunch of other features or get over the fact people can use your cards.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #4 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:56 am

Debt wrote:Coding isn't magic. Either suggest a way you can make this work without breaking a bunch of other features or get over the fact people can use your cards.

that would be xstevens job as hes the owner of the site
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

KTeknis

Post #5 by KTeknis » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:45 am

You know, people can just copy paste the cards effect and artwork and make it their own card right?
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Debt

Post #6 by Debt » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:58 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:that would be xstevens job as hes the owner of the site

It's an impractical request that could potentially break other features so that 1 person can feel better that like 3 people won't be using their cards. And if they were so interested in using your decks they could just go through replays and copy and paste your cards anyways.

Genexwrecker

Post #7 by Genexwrecker » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:00 pm

Literally to reason or merit for us to implement this.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

greg503

Post #8 by greg503 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:09 pm

It's true: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1862619 does this card and effect seem familiar.
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #9 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:59 pm

greg503 wrote:It's true: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1862619 does this card and effect seem familiar.

all ur proving you is actually like my custom cards when you recreate them as your own.

greg503

Post #10 by greg503 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:02 pm

I mean, I like your take on Eatos, I think it's a fine card. But don't take it to mean that I like ALL your custom cards, especially when I've only seen a few.
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:08 pm

greg503 wrote:I mean, I like your take on Eatos, I think it's a fine card. But don't take it to mean that I like ALL your custom cards, especially when I've only seen a few.

never said that. i meant when one recreates a custom card i made, all they are proving is they like the card i made. i mean, why else would you recreate the card?

NiwatoriFTW

Post #12 by NiwatoriFTW » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:11 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:never said that. i meant when one recreates a custom card i made, all they are proving is they like the card i made. i mean, why else would you recreate the card?

Just because you don't contemplate other possibilities, you shouldn't assume your first guess to be true.

KTeknis

Post #13 by KTeknis » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:04 am

CM, seriously. You hate when people use your card, but you also like when they do use them, saying that mean they like your cards. So what is your actual stance?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #14 by CrystalMusic » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:30 pm

KTeknis wrote:CM, seriously. You hate when people use your card, but you also like when they do use them, saying that mean they like your cards. So what is your actual stance?

well let me elaborate:
some i dont mind
but cards that mean something to me then it gets on my nerves.

for example one of the cards i made was created when i was thinking of my sister (whom never had a single day in this world) due to how shes an angel (as per my belief) one card i made is very special to me because that card was made in memory of my sister. (basically i thought of my sister, when i was in the middle of making a card, so i changed the card)

If any of this makes any sense.

Genexwrecker

Post #15 by Genexwrecker » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:44 pm

It’s not going to happen that would require us to entirely reprogram how customs work and card ids which affects the entire site not just customs. All because snowflakes can’t handle people copying the custom decks they make.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

KTeknis

Post #16 by KTeknis » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:24 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
KTeknis wrote:CM, seriously. You hate when people use your card, but you also like when they do use them, saying that mean they like your cards. So what is your actual stance?

well let me elaborate:
some i dont mind

for example one of the cards i made was created when i was thinking of my sister (whom never had a single day in this world) due to how shes an angel (as per my belief) one card i made is very special to me because that card was made in memory of my sister. (basically i thought of my sister, when i was in the middle of making a card, so i changed the card)

If you don't mind some of your card being used, why bother make it Myself Only? Or even goes out of your way to make sure none uses it? Also It makes me wonder about the Kitchis, Network, Darksworn, and US Forces.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #17 by LightCaster » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:16 am

KTeknis wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

well let me elaborate:
some i dont mind

If you don't mind some of your card being used, why bother make it Myself Only? Or even goes out of your way to make sure none uses it? Also It makes me wonder about the Kitchis, Network, Darksworn, and US Forces.

I want to use his kitchi's against him just to see him call them broken.

KTeknis

Post #18 by KTeknis » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:00 am

LightCaster wrote:I want to use his kitchi's against him just to see him call them broken.

The literal conclusion to "Don't make what you don't want to face". Actually that makes a good way to test deck: Use your Alt account and duel with yourself!
EDIT: Just don't do that for Ranked that one is prohibited.

Return to “Suggestions”