allow us to delete posts that have been replied to

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Christen57

Re: allow us to delete posts that have been replied to

Post #21 by Christen57 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:42 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Christen57 wrote:You just choose the option to edit your post, then scroll to the bottom of the page and the option to delete said post should be there.

dont you think i tired that? it said you cant delete posts that have been replied to

Really? Let me try. Hold on.
Last edited by Christen57 on Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christen57

Post #22 by Christen57 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:43 pm

Christen57 wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Christen57 wrote:You just choose the option to edit your post, then scroll to the bottom of the page and the option to delete said post should be there.

dont you think i tired that? it said you cant delete posts that have been replied to

Really? Let me try. Hold on.

Ok I will attempt to delete this post now...

Christen57

Post #23 by Christen57 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:46 pm

Man, you're right. Lol. I had no idea.

Christen57

Post #24 by Christen57 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:52 pm

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:Why so you can delete all the posts we've been using against you so in case you act up again (which you are) you can delete the posts and say "I never said that" if people bring up your hypocrisy or your quick ability to harass?

no, because it should be a right to delete your own posts just like on any other public site

It's also a right to collect evidence in need of a discussion/argument. But please. Tell me more on how desperate you need to be to get rid of posts people used against you.

Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Do you really think people won't screen shot your posts even if you were able to delete them? Maybe, before posting, don't post if you think you WOULD delete it.

Not only that, but I tend to archive every post I make using https://archive.vn/ so that if some things ever do get deleted we can go back to the archive and see what the post was.

For example, here is the Judges Are Undeniably Biased thread that Genexwrecker deleted and an archive of it: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11207
https://archive.vn/B6ndy

Back on dueling network's forum, not only did abusive moderators used to lock and delete posts that they didn't like, even ones that didn't break any rules, but the forum itself got hacked and now almost every old post there is gone, so I've been archiving a ton of posts and threads on this forum in case anything like that ever happened again here.

Genexwrecker

Post #25 by Genexwrecker » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:00 pm

Let me just put this out there you can’t delete any of your posts period. You aren’t actually deleting them even when you think you do. That thread also still exists but it’s a toxic person ranting demanding to know how other people were handled which is none of their concern so no need to have it open
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Return to “Suggestions”