allow us to delete posts that have been replied to

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
CrystalMusic
Mood:

allow us to delete posts that have been replied to

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:43 am

we should be allowed to delete our own posts if we want. even if they have been replied to
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt

Post #2 by Debt » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:08 am

That's not how a public forum works

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:09 am

Debt wrote:That's not how a public forum works

no one asked you!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt

Post #4 by Debt » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:11 am

CrystalMusic wrote:no one asked you!

Irrelevant. If you don't want something to be out there in the aether you shouldn't have posted it in the first place. Think prior to pushing the submit button

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #5 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:13 am

Debt wrote:

Irrelevant. If you don't want something to be out there in the aether you shouldn't have posted it in the first place. Think prior to pushing the submit button

at least im capable of thinking

NiwatoriFTW

Post #6 by NiwatoriFTW » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:17 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Debt wrote:

at least im capable of thinking

Short, non-sequitur (and a bit insulting) retorts: Strawman's fallacy at its finest.

Also, no one asked you about your opinion on how people should be able or not to operate topics in a forum, and, yet, here we are. Disregarding Debt's post for that reasoning is quite a hypocrisy.

Debt

Post #7 by Debt » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:19 am

CrystalMusic wrote:at least im capable of thinking

At least try to construct an argument. Struggling to throw an insult a 4 year old wouldn't have difficulties with isn't helping you.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #8 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:24 am

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:at least im capable of thinking

At least try to construct an argument. Struggling to throw an insult a 4 year old wouldn't have difficulties with isn't helping you.

I've heard smarter things from a schizophrenic with tourettes!

Debt

Post #9 by Debt » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:30 am

CrystalMusic wrote:I've heard smarter things from a schizophrenic with tourettes!

Finding a schizophrenic with tourettes with 200 iq sounds like quite the tale

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #10 by LightCaster » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:50 am

Why so you can delete all the posts we've been using against you so in case you act up again (which you are) you can delete the posts and say "I never said that" if people bring up your hypocrisy or your quick ability to harass?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:11 am

LightCaster wrote:Why so you can delete all the posts we've been using against you so in case you act up again (which you are) you can delete the posts and say "I never said that" if people bring up your hypocrisy or your quick ability to harass?

no, because it should be a right to delete your own posts just like on any other public site

Genexwrecker

Post #12 by Genexwrecker » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:21 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:Why so you can delete all the posts we've been using against you so in case you act up again (which you are) you can delete the posts and say "I never said that" if people bring up your hypocrisy or your quick ability to harass?

no, because it should be a right to delete your own posts just like on any other public site

No site deletes your posts
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Debt

Post #13 by Debt » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:22 am

A grand total of 0 phpBB based forums works the way you're proposing. You have no right to censor other people's posts to remove context in a place of public discussion

DuskWill

Post #14 by DuskWill » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:23 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

I think you're mistaking social media websites with forum websites. Also, this forum was built with phpBB Forum Software, in which it was already explained (https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ls_delete/)
The user may only delete a topic or post if it has not yet been replied to.
Considering this is the kind of bulletin board software we're dealing with, it was either expected of us to know this or accept this limitation for non-admin users.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #15 by Darkraiclone » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:28 am

CrystalMusic wrote:we should be allowed to delete our own posts if we want. even if they have been replied to

Yeah, you just hold your breath and wait on that to happen.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

Christen57

Post #16 by Christen57 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:21 pm

You just choose the option to edit your post, then scroll to the bottom of the page and the option to delete said post should be there.

Debt

Post #17 by Debt » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:44 pm

Christen57 wrote:You just choose the option to edit your post, then scroll to the bottom of the page and the option to delete said post should be there.

What he wants is to delete the parts of people's posts that quote his posts. That's his next leap

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #18 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:56 pm

Christen57 wrote:You just choose the option to edit your post, then scroll to the bottom of the page and the option to delete said post should be there.

dont you think i tired that? it said you cant delete posts that have been replied to

Renji Asuka

Post #19 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:30 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

dont you think i tired that? it said you cant delete posts that have been replied to

Do you really think people won't screen shot your posts even if you were able to delete them? Maybe, before posting, don't post if you think you WOULD delete it.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #20 by LightCaster » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:40 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

It's also a right to collect evidence in need of a discussion/argument. But please. Tell me more on how desperate you need to be to get rid of posts people used against you.

Return to “Suggestions”